No announcement yet.

Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His work rate was top draw yesterday , covered every blade of grass and ran for every ball
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Very good player and a steal at 2 million this bloke. Played well again tonight and was only the cross bar away from a goal. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Very good player and a steal at 2 million this bloke. Played well again tonight and was only the cross bar away from a goal. Just saying.
        He's looking a lot better playing on the wing for sure, his movement suited it more I think. Good on JFH for moving him out there to be honest, can be a big asset and won't have that goalscoring pressure that comes with being an out and out striker.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Very good player and a steal at 2 million this bloke. Played well again tonight and was only the cross bar away from a goal. Just saying.
          Wouldn't go this far mate. For £2m I would still expect a few more goals, but credit to Conor he has improved massively in recent weeks. Thought he played well again last night and was very unlucky not to score a beauty when their defender deflected it onto the crossbar. Love his workrate, geeza just doesn't stop!
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Knuckled down grafted and put himself in the managers plans. Fair play to him credit where it is due

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Wouldn't go this far mate. For £2m I would still expect a few more goals
              exactly

Great grafter & in Conor's defense probably been played wrong but people get a bit emotional with a win.

Comment

• Said it a while back whilst having a debated convo with Nasser - He has something. All the pieces just need to come together.

Excellent work rate like most of the team, and makes some excellent runs. I honestly believe this guy will improve immensely over the next year.

Comment

• Conor is fast becoming one of my favourite players at the club. Its funny how a few appearences can change your view on a player coz heck, at the start of the season i'd written him off a bit and thought he'd never make it with us but since moving to the wing hes put in a string of good performances and looks a natural on the flanks. His backtracking to cover his fullback always impresses me given that he's supposed to be a striker.
                  Imo he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    Conor is fast becoming one of my favourite players at the club. Its funny how a few appearences can change your view on a player coz heck, at the start of the season i'd written him off a bit and thought he'd never make it with us but since moving to the wing hes put in a string of good performances and looks a natural on the flanks. His backtracking to cover his fullback always impresses me given that he's supposed to be a striker.
                    Imo he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet
                    Some shout for a two million young player eh. Good buy imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      Said it a while back whilst having a debated convo with Nasser - He has something. All the pieces just need to come together.

Excellent work rate like most of the team, and makes some excellent runs. I honestly believe this guy will improve immensely over the next year.
                      Yes but not as a striker. People coated JFH off for playing him "out of position" on the left and I think he's shown he's a capable left mid at this level but a striker at a lower level.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Yes but not as a striker. People coated JFH off for playing him "out of position" on the left and I think he's shown he's a capable left mid at this level but a striker at a lower level.
                        You sure you wana write him off? Considering how much he has improved since your last debate on him...
                        If he is capable of playing on the left at this level now, then he will be capable of playing through the middle. Write him off at your peril.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          You sure you wana write him off? Considering how much he has improved since your last debate on him...
                          If he is capable of playing on the left at this level now, then he will be capable of playing through the middle. Write him off at your peril.
                          Oh no, at my peril, what will I ever do, I don't know what to do now. He's doing the exact same things he's been doing through the middle since he joined, with the exception being that playing out wide he's getting the ball more in transitional phases and he's able to carry it. It's not rocket science. He'll be a good left mid for us and a very average to below average striker. You complain that everyone is getting carried away after a few wins, Conor has had 2 good performances for us. Chill out on him and - as you put it - stop making this a two fingers up post.

Comment

Oh no, at my peril, what will I ever do, I don't know what to do now. He's doing the exact same things he's been doing through the middle since he joined, with the exception being that playing out wide he's getting the ball more in transitional phases and he's able to carry it. It's not rocket science. He'll be a good left mid for us and a very average to below average striker. You complain that everyone is getting carried away after a few wins, Conor has had 2 good performances for us. Chill out on him and - as you put it - stop making this a two fingers up post.
                            Because what you say is gospel isn't it? Never mind the daily disagreements you get with people on here - We should just stick you in ####in charge eh?
                            You chat absolute garbage Nasser, you really do. The analogy of you treating your keyboard as a piano has never been so apparent.

Why you've decided to attack my post on saying Washington will come good, I do not know.

Comment

Tbf mate CW was pony to start with at Posh as well. Maybe his confidence was down early on here but now finding his feet he can prosper and once the goals come they could flow.

I like Washington and I think in time he could be a good CF for us.

Comment

• I think Washington will do well in the championship.

Hasn't been given to much of a chance until recently by JFH and is still being played mainly out of position. Rate the lad and personally hope he stays in the team for next 4 to 5 games and we can really see what he is made of.

Comment

Working...
                                X