No announcement yet.

Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think he's up to scratch at this level as a striker, but he's been so much better since Jimmy started playing him on the left. Attacking midfield might just be the answer.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• I think we can all give him some more time no? He was playing non league 3 years ago.

You can see why we bought him if he performed like how he has been when in league 1 - Would stand out.

Comment

• Decent player and was unlucky not to get 2 goals last night. Needs to feed off knock downs from Sylla more in and around the area though.

Comment

• Sorry.

I just don't see him as an out and out hitman, he needs to be sniffing Sylla's butt, finding a second within the box. Tends to look a bit panicky when he gets a sight of the glory hole.

Not a natural born killer in my book.

Comment

• i think

i think if sylla starets every game then washington and poulter can get half a game every now and then ,this would get our goals scored up to a higher level playing one up front hasnt worked
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              I think we can all give him some more time no? He was playing non league 3 years ago.

You can see why we bought him if he performed like how he has been when in league 1 - Would stand out.
              Sounds a lot like Hasselbaink except one's a player, one's a manager.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Sorry.

I just don't see him as an out and out hitman, he needs to be sniffing Sylla's butt, finding a second within the box. Tends to look a bit panicky when he gets a sight of the glory hole.

Not a natural born killer in my book.
                He isn't a hitman you play long ball too.

Give him TIME!! I think it'll come as said, patience!! He will improve, he ain't the finished article. It takes him time to settle at a new club, took him a while at P'boro.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Sounds a lot like Hasselbaink except one's a player, one's a manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Young in his profession but with very good and successful experience at lower levels. Showed inconsistency here and didn't give the fans what they wanted from one perspective (CW as a striker and JFH as an "entertaining" manager) but both are showing what they can do when allowed to adapt to different roles (CW as a winger, JFH as a manager with a stable defensive base to build on).

In their current roles, knowing what they can offer, both have shown that they deserve time... Yet certain people wanted to give CW more time but not give JFH time.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      . Yet certain people wanted to give CW more time but not give JFH time.
                      That's because JFH has a lot more responsibility. Simple as that.

I'm not a CW fan either, but there you go,

Comment

• And some wanted to give JFH more time than CW, no?.......

You cannot compare a player being given more time and a manager given more time. The responsibility on a manager is far greater.

Garbage again from Nasser!!
                        Last edited by West London is Rss; 19-10-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• If that shot last night was a couple of centimetres lower some of the above responses would have been very different. Very unlucky with that excellent strike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            If that shot last night was a couple of centimetres lower some of the above responses would have been very different. Very unlucky with that excellent strike.
                            Took a deflection but yea some overly harsh about him. Been wanting more from him but I definitely see what he brings to the team.

Comment

• Brings something different to the team and seems to play better when Sylla is on the pitch. Either way them two are an improvement on that lump polter.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                Brings something different to the team and seems to play better when Sylla is on the pitch. Either way them two are an improvement on that lump polter.
                                It amazes me how different peoples perception of a player varies so much. I have watched Washington all season and I do not see any ability apart from his speed. He doesn't seem to have any natural ball skills at all, he can't take the ball past a defender, he can't control a long ball into the box and he is too short to beat most defenders in the air. On Tuesday, he should have been taken off and Wszolek put on in his place.

Comment

Working...
                                X