Where has jfh gone wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Christ on a bike, what is this, the English Inquisition?! Better than Sousa? Damn straight. Better than Di Canio was as well. Better than many foreign managers over here and certainly better than most foreign players! And certainly more eloquent than a fair number of English players!
    You started this argument by calling somebody bigoted because in his opinion JFH doesn't speak adequate English.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      You started this argument by calling somebody bigoted because in his opinion JFH doesn't speak adequate English.
      No, you started the argument, I just made a statement.

Comment

In your biased opinion, yes.
        Isn't every opinion on a football club 'biased', or is there some sort of supreme, independent authority ruling on the quality of a football manager? I don't wish to be rude, but it has to be said that you really are a bit dim, aren't you?

Comment

I know we have lost two games on the trot and the manager is taking the flak from everywhere but coating off the elequential standard of his second language is a bit much imo.

Comment

Jimmy's wife is English, and 3 of his 4 children don't speak Dutch so he must communicate a lot in English, and he has spent a long time over here. When I hear him speak I can understand the gist of his comments, though he does express himself poorly at times. I do speak a bit of Dutch (I worked there for 4 years), and whilst most Dutch people speak excellent English, I visited one of the Dutch islands (Schiermonnikoog) where people didn't speak English and I hadn't expected this!
            If English was my second language, if I was French, Polish or Brazilian there is a chance that I would misunderstand Jimmy, but I really don't think that any of English players have this for an excuse

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
              Isn't every opinion on a football club 'biased', or is there some sort of supreme, independent authority ruling on the quality of a football manager? I don't wish to be rude, but it has to be said that you really are a bit dim, aren't you?
              Honestly, your rhetoric is pretty poor pal. Frilly, but lacking any substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                I know we have lost two games on the trot and the manager is taking the flak from everywhere but coating off the elequential standard of his second language is a bit much imo.
                That's what all this is about IMO Kev.
                Last edited by Hubble; 19-09-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

That's what all tihs is about IMO Kev.
                  Yes, that's what it's all about, despite citing about 10 contributory factors in my initial post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    I can understand what he says perfectly too.

What I don't understand is why he says it.

Comment

Yes, that's what it's all about, despite citing about 10 contributory factors in my initial post.
                      Specious. You know what that is in reference to. You've still avoided answering the question in regard to your awesome "10 contributory factors" post. Who are these players he's spent 8-10 million on and is not using? Huh?

Comment

You've still avoided answering the question about your awesome "10 contributory factors" post. Who are these players he's spent 8-10 million on and is not using? Huh?
                        I dealt with your first question about 'which players has he spent 8-10 million on?' - then you pretended you'd never asked out of embarrassment, so I couldn't be bothered...

Anyone who goes to the games would know he's barely used Washington and Khayati other than as impact substitutes. Borysiuk, the Polish winger and Sylla were all on the bench on Saturday, despite a 6-0 defeat midweek. What would have been lost by throwing them into the mix and taking a risk?

He continually shows a reluctance to field new signings, which suggests a lack of confidence in his own decision-making to me.

And regarding the language problem - I think it is an issue, as football management relies on communicating your ideas to people who are notoriously stupid. It's not the only issue, and not the most important, but if I were in the dressing room hearing him give a team-talk, I'd struggle to understand his precise instructions.

Comment

wherever we win the ball on the pitch it goes backwards and sideways and not forward ( most of the time) , thus allowing the opposition to get back into their shape .we play far to many safe balls . said this before we play like we are 2 nil up , when we are not 2 nil up . even if you don't have the most skilful players on the pitch if you are fit and get in the oppositions faces you will get more rewards than standing off jonjo shelvey and just admiring his range of passes

Comment

I dealt with your first question about 'which players has he spent 8-10 million on?' - then you pretended you'd never asked out of embarrassment, so I couldn't be bothered...

Anyone who goes to the games would know he's barely used Washington and Khayati other than as impact substitutes. Borysiuk, the Polish winger and Sylla were all on the bench on Saturday, despite a 6-0 defeat midweek. What would have been lost by throwing them into the mix and taking a risk?

He continually shows a reluctance to field new signings, which suggests a lack of confidence in his own decision-making to me.

And regarding the language problem - I think it is an issue, as football management relies on communicating your ideas to people who are notoriously stupid. It's not the only issue, and not the most important, but if I were in the dressing room hearing him give a team-talk, I'd struggle to understand his precise instructions.
                            Wow you really are a piece of work aren't you. I haven't pretended anything, you just evaded answering! I asked you who he hasn't played, go back and have a look. Now you've decided to answer, and your answer is weak unfortunately. JFH has used Washington as a second striker since he's played a one up front formation and Polter, being in-form, has therefore started, but CW has still been played and he started the last two games. And he's used El Khayati extensively. Borysiuk was injured and only just recovered and Sylla only just arrived FFS. I find your arguments specious.

Anyway, that's it for me tonight, I have better things to do than bandy semantics with you. Like go to sleep.

Oh, and as for the "language problem" - there is no problem - other than in your imagination. Have a listen to the podcast. Good night.

Comment

Wow you really are a piece of work aren't you. I haven't pretended anything, you just evaded answering! I asked you who he hasn't played, go back and have a look. Now you've decided to answer, and your answer is weak unfortunately. JFH has used Washington as a second striker since he's played a one up front formation and Polter, being in-form, has therefore started, but CW has still been played and he started the last two games. And he's used El Khayati extensively. Borysiuk was injured and only just recovered and Sylla only just arrived FFS. I find your arguments specious.

Anyway, that's it for me tonight, I have better things to do than bandy semantics with you. Like go to sleep.

Oh, and as for the "language problem" - there is no problem - other than in your imagination. Have a listen to the podcast. Good night.
                              Yes, I'm a piece of work for disagreeing with you about a football team. Good idea, get to sleep before you're consumed by rage.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                wherever we win the ball on the pitch it goes backwards and sideways and not forward ( most of the time) , thus allowing the opposition to get back into their shape .we play far to many safe balls . said this before we play like we are 2 nil up , when we are not 2 nil up . even if you don't have the most skilful players on the pitch if you are fit and get in the oppositions faces you will get more rewards than standing off jonjo shelvey and just admiring his range of passes
                                Do agree in most repects with this but also see that the possession game can draw out the opposition.

Biggest issue for is our strikers/forward players don't exploit space enough and our midfielders can't spot a pass when those rare opportunities arise. Can only describe our attack as "static".

Comment

Working...
                                X