Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're not going to get a new manager and we're going to give Jimmy time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Never want to see us lose but would a scrappy 1-0 paper over the cracks?
    Probably, yes.

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Yeah but saying we are building a future with Jimmy, surely means that no matter how bad it gets, we are sticking.
    If that were really true they'd have given him a 3 or 4 year deal. The 1 year rolling contract was to cover them in case things don't work out - in the way they got their fingers burnt with Hughes and Redknapp's longer contracts.

Comment

We are in a much worse state than before the takeover

Comment

Well, I'm interested to see how we play tomorrow.

A reaction off a 0-6 defeat is surely as harder reaction you'll ever have to go through as a player, it's not a 0-1 or 0-2, 0-6 could take weeks to recover from.

Comment

Was Brighton away the last time we played a team in the top 3 under jimmy?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            Was Brighton away the last time we played a team in the top 3 under jimmy?
            Burnley away came after. Newcastle were in top 3 before we played them possibly

Comment

Newcastle were 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Burnley away came after. Newcastle were in top 3 before we played them possibly
                Burnley was 0-0 right? And a decent performance from what I can remember, with Petrasso possibly the pick of the bunch.

Comment

Burnley beat us 1-0 at their place to win the championship

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Newcastle were 2nd.
                    Plus Barnsley have effectively been up the top all season

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      used properly our squad could be up there challenging for a play-off spot
                      IMO, used properly our squad is mid-table and nothing more.

Personally I haven't seen anything to suggest we are going to suddenly score enough goals regardless of tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                        used properly our squad could be up there challenging for a play-off spot
                        IMO, used properly our squad is mid-table and nothing more.

Personally I haven't seen anything to suggest we are going to suddenly score loads of goals regardless of tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Agree. That's why I'd give him until his December contract to see what he can do with all these new signings.
                          I would give him next four games. Two wins and I'm not going to call his head, yet.
                          If we are going to change our manager it needs to be done before December so that we would have enough time to see which players needs to be replaced during January window.

Comment

One concern for me if we were to get rid of JFH is, another manager comes in with the 'old managers squad' next window loads of changes are made and yet again the cycle continues again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Bump
                              Bump
                              I am not quite sure his contract is up in December and has to be renewed or discontinued at that point in time. I believe Jimmy is on a "rolling 12 months" contract. As far as I understand it a rolling contract means that he simply has a time unlimited contract with a 12 months termination period. This means he can be sacked at any point in time with a 12 months parachute payment. However, rolling contract can also be understood in other ways, and I admit I am not fully sure my interpretation is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                                One concern for me if we were to get rid of JFH is, another manager comes in with the 'old managers squad' next window loads of changes are made and yet again the cycle continues again.
                                It's the true purpose of the DOF. In theory he was involved in the decisions of who we signed and therefore is meant to offer continuity of the squad no matter who comes in as head coach / manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X