Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Yeah, to be fair I really miss 30 year old star signings from sides that have got promoted out of the Champ i.e. Toszer from Watford....... He's been great! Can't we just carry on signing these sort of players.....

Hate signing 2x player of year type players who are only 22...
      aren't they bloody awful? Jesus christ some people on here make me want to leave this planet.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        aren't they bloody awful? Jesus christ some people on here make me want to leave this planet.
        Looks like an excellent signing to me. 2x POTY at a Championship club so knows what this division is all about already, and only 22years old.

Not knowing too much about this chap but from what I have read he seems to be an energetic Central Midfielder. Probably replacement (hopefully) for Henry/Sandro type workhorse, and hopefully a minder in midfield for Luongo/Borysuik who I'm looking forward to seeing this season.

£1.25m. Anyone slating this signing must be nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          We all got really excited when we signed people like Hoilett etc. so maybe not getting too excited is a good thing.
          There's a difference between not getting excited and finding any reason to moan.

Comment

• I miss all the ex champions league has-beens we've been used to having
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              We all got really excited when we signed people like Hoilett etc. so maybe not getting too excited is a good thing.
              Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              There's a difference between not getting excited and finding any reason to moan.
              Indeed - a huge difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                I'm never quite sure whether it's 'trolling' or people are on the genuine wind up haha.

Either way, sad state of affairs from a minority.

Comment

• Reading Nasser's stats on the various positions Cousins has played led me to ask the question of someone who knows the lad well.
                  In response I got the following:-
                  He is versatile, can play box to box due to having a great engine but it is not his best role. Deep lying (or defensive) midfield, carrying the ball and distributing to advancing players is his biggest attribute (all of which suggests he is a replacement for Faurlin). He is (apparently) the kind of player that works his socks off and provides the link between defence and attack. The perceived weakness in terms of defending comes from the odd occasions of filing in at full back where he is said to be a little one dimensional - all of which stems from his preference to play centrally allowing him to use the whole width of the pitch to distribute and carry the ball into space to allow him to do that.
                  He is by no means the finished article and was used in too many positions for him to become "known" as a CDM or any other stereotypical role but we have got a great prospect at a good price and with the right nurturing, he will become a fans favourite.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Reading Nasser's stats on the various positions Cousins has played led me to ask the question of someone who knows the lad well.
                    In response I got the following:-
                    He is versatile, can play box to box due to having a great engine but it is not his best role. Deep lying (or defensive) midfield, carrying the ball and distributing to advancing players is his biggest attribute (all of which suggests he is a replacement for Faurlin). He is (apparently) the kind of player that works his socks off and provides the link between defence and attack. The perceived weakness in terms of defending comes from the odd occasions of filing in at full back where he is said to be a little one dimensional - all of which stems from his preference to play centrally allowing him to use the whole width of the pitch to distribute and carry the ball into space to allow him to do that.
                    He is by no means the finished article and was used in too many positions for him to become "known" as a CDM or any other stereotypical role but we have got a great prospect at a good price and with the right nurturing, he will become a fans favourite.
                    Sounds very positive blue cheers for that mate.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• If he's better as Faurlin, then I'm more than happy.
                      I don't understand why stating the fact that he's only had five goals and seven assists in 136 games is moaning?
                      Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 14-07-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        Looks like an excellent signing to me. 2x POTY at a Championship club so knows what this division is all about already, and only 22years old.

Not knowing too much about this chap but from what I have read he seems to be an energetic Central Midfielder. Probably replacement (hopefully) for Henry/Sandro type workhorse, and hopefully a minder in midfield for Luongo/Borysuik who I'm looking forward to seeing this season.

£1.25m. Anyone slating this signing must be nuts.
                        Completely agree with you bakes.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• My suspicion is that his true potential, and possibly his best position, have yet to be determined. And that's just fine.

He is a useful utility addition, he's the right age and the right price. The one thing someone has taken on board at the club is that we had to get the average age down, because too often in recent years we haven't coped with high press high tempo opposition.

Set against all this is the lack of creativity going forward and the absence of any consistent quality up top. I have no issue whatsoever with closing the back door first in terms of signings and style, which is clearly JFH'S approach, but sooner or later we have to find a way of ending up with the ball in their net. I wonder what the budget is for solving that one.
                          Last edited by hal9thou; 15-07-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• We all know we need to get someone that will score us goals, but I can't see us getting anyone like Wells for example as the price tag will be too high.
                            I think we are gonna have to look abroad for someone, and hope they turn out to be a success.
                            I reckon gamble on some youngster but also look at someone like Rickie Lambert as well, Lambert will score goals still in this league.

Comment

Working...
                            X