Robinson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson.

Good to see the lad finally play for us. I know it's too early to properly cast judgement but i thought he looked good, comfortable on the ball and could read the game well.

Again too early to really say, but I thought Kpekwa looked way out of his depth when he came on.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Good to see the lad finally play for us. I know it's too early to properly cast judgement but i thought he looked good, comfortable on the ball and could read the game well.

Again too early to really say, but I thought Kpekwa looked way out of his depth when he came on.
    agree..he looks quality ..understandably faded as the game went on...Perch's injury changed the game..the plan was obviously to replace Robinson with Kpekwa but perch;s injury changed that we we exposed down the left side the 2nd half.

Comment

robinson did well was good in the air as well , kpekwa looked awkward and uncomfortable and his challenge for his booking was down to this . early days for him and needs more game time to see what he's about

Comment

Robinson was my MOM and Cole will come good their is a player in him

Comment

Robinson looks like a good prospect. Kpekwa looked awkward and vulnerable, after he came on Charlton really started to create chances and seemed to target him but he is young and there is a player in there. Wasnt ideal to have two new faces in the backline, made us more fragile

Comment

I was very impressed with Robinson, and what a great throw the lad has in his armour
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Is Kpekawa more a centre or a left player. Wondering what his natural position is? think he was centre at Orient.

Comment

Considering he had a pretty bad injury he was flying in the tackles and was great to see. Very impressed with him and will only get better with a good pre season behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Is Kpekawa more a centre or a left player. Wondering what his natural position is? think he was centre at Orient.
                  He's definitely a left back but his height means he's capable of centre back. That's how I think the club views him, esp after the match against Yeovil this season.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Anybody know how bad Perch's injury was?

Comment

Glad Robinson was finally able to demonstrate some of his ability.

I know a few had question it on here but as a few have mentioned even though it was his first game you can usually tell quite early on if a player is good enough or has something about him.

Just think that was robinsons first run out after such a serious injury and he impressed most people I spoke to.

Comment

For me the biggest thing he brought was that giant throw in. Could be huge for us if we need something towards the end of a match. Great player there all round but he's unique and valuable in that sense. Was also surprised that he was so aggressive into everything after the year he's had.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                          I was very impressed with Robinson, and what a great throw the lad has in his armour
                          This. One he threw into the six yard box. And he's not a big fella, is he?

Comment

The positive thing is that it was a fantastic debut. Lots of good defending, good skill and composure. Very happy with him and as Harryboy pointed out, what a throw.

The only negative is I can recall Angella (until he was substituted) and SWP having two of the best debuts I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              This. One he threw into the six yard box. And he's not a big fella, is he?
                              He's 5'11 so quite big for a full back to be honest. Love his commitment but actually noticed he's really really one footed. Hopefully JFH will try and get him to work on his weak foot as he can get in trouble with forcing the ball onto his left.

Comment

Working...
                              X