Hasselbaink out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Anyway, we now have 3 months of Jimmy and there is absolutely no difference between him and the pe teacher.

If anything, the pe teacher has more wins to his name.
    #wearedrossball
    ...and more losses

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      And they turned up for NW.

Geng is missing the point. NW had more solid champ form than JFH. He isn't the messiah but he's solid and they put in a shift for him.

It's ironic how those - like me - who thought team Neil a better bet get accused of elevating him to champions league status. The real fantasists are in the Les / JFH camp.
      i cant see anyone who is stating LF and JFH are world class / fantastic / brilliant at their jobs.

More the fact that you can clearly see they are trying to do the right things by the club and are trying to change the way in which we have been run in recent years. I personally think LF has done well in his role in getting players out of the club and on a budget bringing those in.

Think JFH needs a pre-season and another transfer window before he can be fairly judged.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
        Think JFH needs a pre-season and another transfer window before he can be fairly judged.
        Which is a reasonable point of view, although I'm disappointed that they don't always seem to play for the shirt, don't get how much the Fulham type games mean to us. My problem is that Ramsey was sacked on the grounds that he couldn't realistically achieve the play offs. That is pretty much what the club said at the time. When it became clear that JFH was no more likely to do that than Ramsey, suddenly we're rebuilding. Where is the consistency in terms of policy?

JFH, like Ramsey, didn't appoint himself. It is the people who ultimately make the calls that I have a problem with. I wouldn't mind betting that the same is true for a lot of fans who are disgruntled.

Comment

As you are probably aware Godfather, the happy clappers turned me from a once casual poster of this message board to an overnight criminal by speaking my mind on here. You sir are absolutely right, this club is a circus make no mistake but Jimmy is the clown who's act is in the spotlight and despite trying really is clueless, as are others at the club.

Comment

Which is a reasonable point of view, although I'm disappointed that they don't always seem to play for the shirt, don't get how much the Fulham type games mean to us. My problem is that Ramsey was sacked on the grounds that he couldn't realistically achieve the play offs. That is pretty much what the club said at the time. When it became clear that JFH was no more likely to do that than Ramsey, suddenly we're rebuilding. Where is the consistency in terms of policy?

JFH, like Ramsey, didn't appoint himself. It is the people who ultimately make the calls that I have a problem with. I wouldn't mind betting that the same is true for a lot of fans who are disgruntled.
            Agree to a point. However, in the meantime we got rid of Austin, Sandro, Fer, Harriman, Doughty, Yun.......we tried in vain to get rid of Phillips and Green. There's Traore and Diakite that we have to get rid this Summer. Is it not clear enough that the club is trimming the wage bill and building a more realistic squad? We have to be patient and give both Les and JFH a chance to rebuild.

Comment

The difference is that Ramsey didn't show that capability with the squad made available to him at the end of the window. Now you look at the end of this transfer window and you can see that the squad is more likely to realistically achieve a solid finish more than anything. With the squad Ramsey had week in week out, we should have been higher but we weren't. By contrast, with the squad JFH has and the injuries etc, I'd say we are fairly placed.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

My problem is that Ramsey was sacked on the grounds that he couldn't realistically achieve the play offs. That is pretty much what the club said at the time. When it became clear that JFH was no more likely to do that than Ramsey, suddenly we're rebuilding. Where is the consistency in terms of policy?
                By your own logic you're implying they should have sacked JFH too because at least that would have satisfied your "consistency policy". But surely you can see how unrealistic and farcical that would have been? By the time JFH hadn't done enough to reverse our fortunes (i.e. getting us into play-off contention) it was obvious he wasn't also getting sacked because time had run out by then - which is where your argument falls apart.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                We have to be patient
                Patient? What, us lot? You're having a bubble mate!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  The difference is that Ramsey didn't show that capability with the squad made available to him at the end of the window. Now you look at the end of this transfer window and you can see that the squad is more likely to realistically achieve a solid finish more than anything. With the squad Ramsey had week in week out, we should have been higher but we weren't. By contrast, with the squad JFH has and the injuries etc, I'd say we are fairly placed.
                  That's actually pretty fair. However, and you'll be better to confirm this, i think the reason we are in this position is more to do with the points under Ramsey and Chris. Where would we be if you used JFH form for entire season?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    That's actually pretty fair. However, and you'll be better to confirm this, i think the reason we are in this position is more to do with the points under Ramsey and Chris. Where would we be if you used JFH form for entire season?
                    JFH has "played" 13, won 2, drawn 7 and lost 4. Using these stas gives us 1 point per game. If we had 31 games, 31 points we can crudely say this would place us 19th-21st (if we had less points other teams would have more points which I have ignored). So not relegation material, but not brilliant (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      By your own logic
                      Not my logic, theirs. I'm simply reflecting what happened, and there clearly is a gap between what was said and what has transpired.

Comment

Personally think if Ramsey didn't have to deal with having to play the players he expected would have left in the summer, we would have been much better off.

Evident in that it has taken us more than half a season to get a consistent first XI

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                          JFH has "played" 13, won 2, drawn 7 and lost 4. Using these stas gives us 1 point per game. If we had 31 games, 31 points we can crudely say this would place us 19th-21st (if we had less points other teams would have more points which I have ignored). So not relegation material, but not brilliant (yet)
                          He's got just over a point a game, so over 46 games, we'd have 50 points.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            Well, as said below, based on current form we would be just outside relegation, but that is totally ignoring context again that Ramsey had significantly better players. Like, so much better, and yet he couldn't get the best out of them consistently.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

he couldn't get the best out of them consistently.
                              As Jose would confirm, you can only get what they're prepared to give...

and if they're not prepared to run an extra mile questions get asked. Of the manager. It's a lot less grief than rebuilding the squad to accommodate a lame boss.

Comment

Well, as said below, based on current form we would be just outside relegation, but that is totally ignoring context again that Ramsey had significantly better players. Like, so much better, and yet he couldn't get the best out of them consistently.
                                I'm not comparing Ramsey with JFH. I'm saying that you had a point in that JFH has worse players and so mid table is about right. I'm saying that Warnock and Ramsey got us to just outside playoffs but JFH would be outside relegation zone.

Comment

Working...
                                X