No announcement yet.

Hasselbaink out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think he should definitely get till end of season but if noi mprovement seen especially with this awful hoof ball, haven't got a clue style of football, then I'm sure his position should be in serious doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      Do you rate JFH and happy with club at moment? Or like me are not entirely happy with manager and realize this could be a low 18 months BUT JFH must be give time, probably all of next season.
      At least till the end of the season I think he needs to be in full charge of the squad with no interference from LF for a club our size we don't need a DOF, the next few games could be a deciding factor for JFH future at the club and others.

Comment

#### poor on Saturday but needs the end of the season bare minimum IMO.

Comment

Look at it like this:

JFH has inherited a team bereft of its primary goal scorer. Charlie Austin scored something like 60% of all our goals in the time he was with us. In his short tenure, Neil Warnock still had the services of the great Charlie Austin to call on, who duly provided the goal for one of his two wins.

JFH has has inherited a team in transition, and furthermore, a squad that represents a patchwork of changing decisions and goals: firstly of getting rid of higher paid players, secondly of attempting to bring in cut-price value players. Quite frankly, he's inherited a mess. Until he brought in Conor Washington, he had one striker who was prepared to step up to the demands of his pressing style - Polter - and one who wasn't - JET. That's not much to work with in the striking department, is it? How can you blame JFH for the previous policies of other managers, the chairman and the DoF?

JFH also inherited a rag-bag of players either surplus to requirement at other clubs: Angella, Toszer, for example, or unwanted because of their wages or price tag: Hoilett, Phillips. He's inherited a squad in disarray. Some of the squad players are extremely inexperienced, some, close to or past their sell by date. And yet there are people on here who expect he should be winning games against far more integrated and skilful squads - like Fulham. Fulham, let's not forget, who still have their own version of Charlie Austin in Ross McCormack, and premiership quality players like Moussa Dembele.

Given the situation he's inherited, I'd say JFH has actually done a more than decent job. Until Saturday's game, we were very hard to beat. He had achieved consistency and even conjured two wins with the severely limited Polter as his main striking option and the creaking Konchesky as his left back. And on a dramatically reduced transfer budget compared to all the recent incumbents, he's brought in young talents like Washington and El Khayate, who show good forward thinking for the development of a club for the future. It's almost irrelevant what results we get now, given that this is a write-off season. Sure, it really hurts to lose to a team like Fulham (local rivals who I personally can't stand because of their gloating fans I've known over the years), but really, in the bigger picture, so what? We're not going to go up, we're not going to go down.

Jimmy needs the fans backing as he pursues the project of root and branch reform of a shambles of a squad and club. We saw the beginnings of the green shoots in our victory over Ipswich. It's still very early days. Don't pis5 all over those shoots with your negativity. Have some patience and get behind the man.
          Last edited by Hubble; 15-02-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Only Cameron is allowed to use the word 'swarm'

Comment

An example I would give is Ollie. We were riss poor after we appointed him and went down without a whimper. Those now calling for Jimmy's head would have tarred and feathered Ollie and driven him out of London and dumped him buy the side of the motorway.

No idea if Jimmy right man or not. Have had some solid displays but also some disappointing ones. Club is a mess. Les only appointed last season to try and sort footballing side out. Does anyone really think that can be done in less than a few seasons? Players that don't want to be here on contracts, financial restrictions due to excesses of previous seasons and financial fair play.

No point just changing managers every five minutes. Jimmy may not have vast experience but we used to be the kind of club that did appoint managers from lower leagues and he has had a very promising start to his career with Burton. If people are determined to have someone experienced think 'Arry is still available ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Funny how they've fired Pellegrini then, isn't it? If City took the advice of you two he'd have been given another contract on the basis of those two home defeats.....
                Are you suggesting their decision was justified? I think most people would give him a new contract, the only reason they didn't is because Pep is available
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Funny how they've fired Pellegrini then, isn't it? If City took the advice of you two he'd have been given another contract on the basis of those two home defeats.....
                  Sorry but how long had Pellegrini been in charge? And how long has JFH been in charge here?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
                    Knocked out of the cup.
                    Funniest reason to sack a QPR manager EVER based on our record over 18 odd years !!!

#loon

Comment

Lets just sack the head coach or manager after each defeat, sack the programme seller if he creases the programme, the tea lady if she puts sugar in it, sack the girls in the club shop if the queue is longer than 2

This season has gone, we won't go down I'm certain but lets start getting ready for next season. Use some of our squad players and even a few youngsters, what's the harm in that? Warnock's first spell was to first keep us up and to start planning for the following season, guess what we did quite well
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Jimmy Floyd out is for people that don't understand football he can only use what he's been given ,he is batting on a bowlers wicket there are people far more at fault than him at the club , can he make Tozser run faster no can he make Phillips and Hoilet care whether we lose or not no can he wipe 3 or 4 years off Konches age he is dependant on Faulin being fit which isn't going to happen week in week out , will he get the push at the end of the season if we cant put a good run together ? probably has anybody ever known a chairman or DOF take the blame ?

Comment

I don't mind the odd bad game, and think Jimmy should get to the end of the season. But after the final game has finished I hope the board sit down and evaluate how he has done. If things improve then they should back him over the summer. If he averages 1 point per game over the season in the league, then we should bite the bullet and move on and find someone else. There isn't much point doing this in mid-season, candidates won't be available and I don't think that we are in any danger of going down. But results do need to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Jimmy Floyd out is for people that don't understand football he can only use what he's been given ,he is batting on a bowlers wicket there are people far more at fault than him at the club , can he make Tozser run faster no can he make Phillips and Hoilet care whether we lose or not no can he wipe 3 or 4 years off Konches age he is dependant on Faulin being fit which isn't going to happen week in week out , will he get the push at the end of the season if we cant put a good run together ? probably has anybody ever known a chairman or DOF take the blame ?
                            Top post dogs, completely agree with you.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                              I don't mind the odd bad game, and think Jimmy should get to the end of the season. But after the final game has finished I hope the board sit down and evaluate how he has done. If things improve then they should back him over the summer. If he averages 1 point per game over the season in the league, then we should bite the bullet and move on and find someone else. There isn't much point doing this in mid-season, candidates won't be available and I don't think that we are in any danger of going down. But results do need to improve.
                              Oh they will sit down and evaluate as said previously can you see Fernanes and Ferdinand take the blame

Comment

[/B]

F acking hell. Do you really, seriously think that fella??? Wow.

I agree with the OP but realistically think JFH has until the end of the season. We are so poori can't even think of a team to play at Bolton. It certainly requires Ned, T osser, Phillips and Konchelsky being dropped. But having to rely on the BFG up front with Washington. Sigh.
                                Don't get me wrong we played terribly but there were moments that had they gone our way we could have got a point. We would have not deserved a point but still.
                                I also agree we don't have a anywhere a good enough squad currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X