Our recent crop of youth players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our recent crop of youth players

Another example of how we just haven't had incredible decent / improved our current crop of youth players...

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/ar...6-2930893.aspx

So many times we've moaned that certain players haven't had a chance, that and we are continiously angry if players leave on a free / get released. The fact is, some just are not good enough.

Our scouting needs to be better, or development needs to be better and then you may see more 18-20 year olds breaking into the first team. I would say we have 1-3 players good enough to be on the bench right now.

Petrasso, Lumley (Just) and Kpekwa - Which I class as youngsters still, many others not good enough.

I understand what you are saying but fans get excited when we sign players, so when we bought Coll Donaldson I hoped he would be one for the future, Robinson has been injured but hopefully will step up. I think that there is a question mark over the coaching, how many are improving from the age 18 to 22? Will Prohouly be good enough? If we sign young players then the potential should be there, so there is greater criticism when they don't improve

Comment

Donaldson has gone. So has that hidden gem of a striker that we signed from Ireland.
      I'd hazard a guess that those other gems being Goldber, Gladwin, and the American striker will all be gone by the summer.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Hits, honest question here and in no way a snide dig, if you hate every single thing to do with the club from the board to the mascot. And i mean every single thing and that's no exaggeration, why do you bother mate?
        I mean it's not compulsory and the club just makes you thoroughly miserable seven days a week, 365 days a year. Surely if something makes you so unhappy you don't bother with it?
        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 01-02-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I think that if there is one aspect of the club that it is difficult to be positive about it is the development of youth players into good senior professionals!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            Donaldson has gone. So has that hidden gem of a striker that we signed from Ireland.
            I'd hazard a guess that those other gems being Goldber, Gladwin, and the American striker will all be gone by the summer.
            Ryan Manning is still here.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
              I understand what you are saying but fans get excited when we sign players, so when we bought Coll Donaldson I hoped he would be one for the future, Robinson has been injured but hopefully will step up. I think that there is a question mark over the coaching, how many are improving from the age 18 to 22? Will Prohouly be good enough? If we sign young players then the potential should be there, so there is greater criticism when they don't improve
              My point this would be 1. Our scouting is NOT good enough 2. He proved not good enough. - We need a new culture at QPR in regards to youth players and thats begun as we speak, only time will tell if things are changing. (1-2 years time before any real change will be seen)

Secondly, Robinson isnt really youth anymore, neither is Gladwin for that matter Hitz. In my eyes a youth player is 16-21 TOPS. (Obviously under16 is more of the acadd)

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              Who was that? Ryan Manning - If so, he's still here and I am sure he is a CM...

Comment

Robinson isn't a youth any more, but was 20 (just) when we signed him. Unfortunately due to injuries we can't answer this but has he improved since he joined us? We need to be able to improve the younger players who are with us, as well as getting the players with the most potential. It is difficult to work out which of the two sections is most broken, but they are linked. If people don't think that young talented players improve here, then young talented players won't want to come here

Comment

Brandon Adams in the U18s is a striker with potential

Comment

Anyone know or hear anything about the two players we signed in the summer for the development squad. The one from Monaco and the other one, they both signed at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                      Anyone know or hear anything about the two players we signed in the summer for the development squad. The one from Monaco and the other one, they both signed at the same time.
                      N Guessan is often scoring in youth games so hope he gets a chance one day. I think sadly we don't keep up playing youth when they do well. Petrasso was great in both games yet not played since. This would have been a good season to alternate between Konch and Kpekawa with Konch giving Kpekawa his years of exp. And don't get me started on Harriman. Conley is another player who looks rather good but probably won't get the chance to improve in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Hits, honest question here and in no way a snide dig, if you hate every single thing to do with the club from the board to the mascot. And i mean every single thing and that's no exaggeration, why do you bother mate?
                        I mean it's not compulsory and the club just makes you thoroughly miserable seven days a week, 365 days a year. Surely if something makes you so unhappy you don't bother with it?
                        Mate, if one does not speak up, nothing will change.
                        Just talking straight about those hidden gems that we signed, that's all
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

As we all know, it is a massive step up from U18/21's to the first team, a lot of players will never get an appearance let alone a run in the team. My opinion on the matter is I've seen so many disappointing performances over the last 5 season from players who just take the #### out of the club, the list will be too long and there are a few currently in our side. Just think we could of give a few of the youth a go instead of the #### players we have signed getting chance after chance.
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
                          X