Matt Ingram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ingram

According to sky sources we have agreed a deal with Wycombe for the 22 year old and are now in personal talks.

Goalkeeper, made 100 apps for Wycombe.

Sounds promising

Originally posted by JOYCEY View Post
    According to sky sources we have agreed a deal with Wycombe for the 22 year old and are now in personal talks.

Sounds promising
    Dont know too much about him in all honesty. Would like to hear the thoughts of anyone who has been able to see him play regularly

Comment

Looks the part at 6'3" and only 22.

Comment

Waste of time for me. We had it right with Murphy here as back up. Since then it's just been a mess by effectively having two number ones.

Whoever is sub will be unhappy and want out. My only thoughts are is 6 months after signing him for £2m, we don't rate Smithies.

Smithies and Lumley are a perfect combination. We just keep taking one step forward and two back with goalkeepers.

This Wycombe kid might be brilliant but come the summer we'll be looking for another keeper because either him or Smithies will want out.

Comment

Originally posted by JOYCEY View Post
          Sounds promising

If true, it suggests Green is on his way.
          We need 3 Keepers and I suspect, like all our recent youngsters, Lumley is not yet ready to be 1st backup to Smithies.
          If any good and cheap, it will be good competition for Smithies.

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/k...d-wls-football

Comment

was previous interest from West Ham and numerous championship. Very highly rated and exactly the kind of signing a club like ours should be looking to make. Young hungry and looking to better himself. The type of player that sees a club like QPR as a step UP not the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                Waste of time for me. We had it right with Murphy here as back up. Since then it's just been a mess by effectively having two number ones.

Whoever is sub will be unhappy and want out. My only thoughts are is 6 months after signing him for £2m, we don't rate Smithies.

Smithies and Lumley are a perfect combination. We just keep taking one step forward and two back with goalkeepers.

This Wycombe kid might be brilliant but come the summer we'll be looking for another keeper because either him or Smithies will want out.
                Totally agree with this.

Comment

i thought we were looking at there centre back arron pierre very highly rated,so lets sign the goalkeeper instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

So in a nutshell...

First choice keeper should be amazing, second choice should be rubbish as they know their standard and wont want to leave and third choice should be a young keeper with no aspirations of playing.

Smithies and Lumley isnt a perfect Combo, not in QPR or the managers eyes. Smithies is a good 1st choice / second choice keeper. Lumley isnt good enough yet or wont be and therefore we are looking for another prospect like this chap from Wycomb.

Comment

Originally posted by midland R View Post
                      i thought we were looking at there centre back arron pierre very highly rated,so lets sign the goalkeeper instead.
                      Bet you've never seen either of them play. They are allowed to have more than one highly rated player FFS

Comment

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/te.../matt-ingram/1

Promising profile of him on the Wycombe official page. Was supporters player of the year last year.

Happy with that would've preferred Bentley but a lot cheaper for sure and I think Bentley had to go somewhere with 1st team football guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                          So in a nutshell...

First choice keeper should be amazing, second choice should be rubbish as they know their standard and wont want to leave and third choice should be a young keeper with no aspirations of playing.

Smithies and Lumley isnt a perfect Combo, not in QPR or the managers eyes. Smithies is a good 1st choice / second choice keeper. Lumley isnt good enough yet or wont be and therefore we are looking for another prospect like this chap from Wycomb.
                          In a nutshell what I think.

Comment

Maybe smithies hasn't settled down south

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                              So in a nutshell...

Comment

Working...
                              X