Conor's contract.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor's contract.

Now I know I should not moan on the signing of Conor Washington. I know little about him, but I trust that he will be a hit. However, I am a bit disappointed that we did not gave him a four and half years contract, instead of three and a half. Southampton did that with CA, and now West Ham did it with Byram. If we have so much faith in him, we should tie him for a longer period to avoid the same problems we have had with CA. Imagine he start scoring this season and hopefully will have a good season in 2016/17, however we will not get promoted. He'll only have two years remaining to the end of his contract. Premier clubs will come knocking on the door and he's facing another season in the Championship. Am I being too concerned?

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Now I know I should not moan on the signing of Conor Washington. I know little about him, but I trust that he will be a hit. However, I am a bit disappointed that we did not gave him a four and half years contract, instead of three and a half. Southampton did that with CA, and now West Ham did it with Byram. If we have so much faith in him, we should tie him for a longer period to avoid the same problems we have had with CA. Imagine he start scoring this season and hopefully will have a good season in 2016/17, however we will not get promoted. He'll only have two years remaining to the end of his contract. Premier clubs will come knocking on the door and he's facing another season in the Championship. Am I being too concerned?
    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      In the grand scheme of things I think you are, yes.

Comment

Yes
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Evil Les probably pocketed a bigger drink from washingtons agent by only doing three and half years. It's the only feasible explanation.

Comment

Christ almighty.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Its hard to say really.

Giving players long contracts is something the club wanted to get away from; having said that in some cases you should / might want to make special exceptions.

Charlie was a tricky one I think, it was always going to be a risk signing him and I also think the player had one eye on the Prem when he took the deal at QPR. To remember he was all but in Hull colors but his knee injury let him down supposedly. So you could argue that in this case Chaz already knew that he was going to smash it in the Champ and if he wasnt promoted with the Rssss he would be looking to get out ASAP.

Comment

Far to to worse things have been posted on here
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

If he flops a shorter contract is obviously better. If he succeeds 3.5 years is still long and can be extended.

Comment

If he scores goals between now and next January, just give him an extension.

3.5 years is a long time in football and had we not ####ed up during our premier league season again, I'm convinced Charlie would have signed a new contract in the summer.

Comment

one minute we are giving too long contracts now we aren't giving them long enough! they can't win!

Comment

Fill the in the missing word - ******* for the sake of it.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Far to to worse things have been posted on here
                          what were they saying about Desmond Shan, the rascals?
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Younger players like to keep their options open with shorter contracts, whereas older players want the longer ones

Comment

And then he turns out like SWP and people slate the board for giving a long contract ! As i have said many times you wouldn't want to own a football club as unless you win the Prem / Champions League and FA Cup in your first year, people are always going to criticise.

Comment

Working...
                              X