Conor's contract.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Moaning for the sake of moaning. If he flops, people will slate the club for given an untested player at this level that long, then if he is a hit people will ask why we didn't give him longer.

review his contract situation and the end of next season.

Leave a comment:

• Yousef
    replied
    Agree good point

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Can't help me self.
    Clearly.

Leave a comment:

• qprted
    replied
    going back to the origional topic i agree with martininmalta we should have given him a four and a half year contract having made the mistake with charlie austin

Leave a comment:

• Lunar Jetman
    replied
    Can't help me self.
    You're becoming EvilKev

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Can't help me self.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Evil Les probably pocketed a bigger drink from washingtons agent by only doing three and half years. It's the only feasible explanation.
    Turn it in ffs mate

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Ha ha ha. Made me laugh

Leave a comment:

• TBLOCKRANGER
    replied
    Evil Les probably pocketed a bigger drink from washingtons agent by only doing three and half years. It's the only feasible explanation.
    Just passing this on, don't kill the messenger but my mate from Ruislip told me that his best mate who he sees every day who lives in Telfer Western Australia told him that a bloke in the White Horse whose got no reason to make things up as he don't support QPR told him that his cousin brother 3rd removed was seated next to the press box in Loftus Rd.

He happened to over hear a conversation between a well known Journo and an ex pro where they said Sir Les was up to his evil best in that the only reason he sanctioned Conor was because Sir Les went to Washington DC circa 1986 and fell in love with watching the Washington Redskins and from then on hatched a devilish plan to recruit a player solely to remind him of his holiday.......

30 years later... his dastardly plan came to fruition

Matters are made worse as on that same trip Sir Les had a bad experience in Austin Texas

I'm gonna write to Tony to tell him Eviles must be stopped, it's not like he's done anything for our club.

Leave a comment:

• HertsHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Am I being too concerned?
    Yes ..... Relax and enjoy the fact we're doing more things right than wrong these days

Leave a comment:

• deadendjob
    replied
    The kid hasn't even played a game and you're talking about offering a longer contract?
    What if he's shite? We're stuck with a player we can't flog for another year.
    If he's decent we can just extend it.

Ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Hertford Hoop
    replied
    Swings and roundabouts imo

Leave a comment:

• Martinmalta
    replied
    I already mentioned that to give long contracts on huge salaries is a non-starter. Our past mistakes were always the same......our owners believed that we can compete with the big clubs by offering money that we did not have. I believe that the likes of Luongo, Cherry, Jet, Hall and now Conor, have signed on much more sensible money. I also believe the club is making shrewd signings, young players that can prosper thus increasing their value. On the other hand, we must ensure that we are not caught napping when a player is showing signs of becoming good. Hall is a good example. In his case, we acted quickly and did not leave discussions for the last 18 months or so to improve his contract. I also believe that Conor will be a hit.....that's why I am a bit concerned.
    Last edited by Martinmalta; 20-01-2016, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    How do you feel about our decision to give Junior Hoilett a long contract, or Shaun Wright-Phillips, or Julio Cesar? And how about Rowan Vine and Rob Hulse? Great decision to give those guys long contracts too.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't on this one. Give a player a long contract and his career goes backwards then you're left with a player you can't get rid of until the contract is up. Give them too short a contract and they move on too soon or for not enough money like Austin.

Leave a comment:

• Martinmalta
    replied
    Long contracts on huge money for players nearing the end of their careers.....no, that's what we are against. I assume that Conor is nowhere near those salaries we used to give to SWP, Barton, etc......he will not bankrupt the club if things do not work. Its easy to say offer an improved contract. However, if things work out well for him he will not sign an extension....same as CA did. He will look for better proposals....including, playing Premier football. I know I am a bit too concerned, however, as they say, once bitten......!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X