No announcement yet.

Cherries, Baggies, Smoggies, Geordies & Hornets interest in Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcastle now favourites to sign Phillips.

There main target was Townsend but Spurs won't budge on there £12million price tag they have on him.
    Apparently Newcastle will turn to Phillips now as a cheaper alternative.
    If they want to do a deal for Phillips, we need to get a good deal from it.

Newcastle have a striker on loan at Coventry (Adam Armstrong) who is on loan there until end of season but can be recalled at any time by them.
    He is only 18, and is Top Scorer in League 1.

If they turn to Phillips then would try and do a swap deal.

Comment

People need to be careful. Suddenly the lower league is where we should be buying all our players according to this forum.

I'm seeing names like Armstrong, Dack, Roofe etc. Although they may go on to better things it's crazy to want them all after very little experience in the lower leagues.

Every season there are plenty of players who have brilliant seasons and then do nothing again. I do like Armstrong and the other two I mentioned but we've got to be sensible and wait until they're more experienced. Dele Alli being the perfect example.

Yeah we might miss out on a few but in the long run it's worthwhile.

Newcastle wouldn't sell Armstrong in a million years anyway but as I posted the other day, I'd send scouts to watch him at Cov for the rest of the season and if he impresses, look to bring him in on a season long loan next season if Newcastle are open to the idea.

Back on topic...Matty wants out in my opinion. The lad is in demand though so I think we should play hardball and get a good fee for him this month. I'd sell at £7m plus, otherwise keep him until the summer and move him on then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        People need to be careful. Suddenly the lower league is where we should be buying all our players according to this forum.

I'm seeing names like Armstrong, Dack, Roofe etc. Although they may go on to better things it's crazy to want them all after very little experience in the lower leagues.

Every season there are plenty of players who have brilliant seasons and then do nothing again. I do like Armstrong and the other two I mentioned but we've got to be sensible and wait until they're more experienced. Dele Alli being the perfect example.

Newcastle wouldn't sell Armstrong in a million years anyway but as I posted the other day, I'd send scouts to watch him at Cov for the rest of the season and if he impresses, look to bring him in on a season long loan next season if Newcastle are open to the idea.

Back on topic...Matty wants out in my opinion. The lad is in demand though so I think we should play hardball and get a good fee for him this month. I'd sell at £7m plus, otherwise keep him until the summer and move him on then.
        Well said. As ever balance is essential. We don't need a squad of Galacticos but purely buying in-form and hoping lower league players come good will end in disappointment

Comment

Good deal if we can get it, I would say a good deal for Newcastle too especially when their other option is the massively overpriced Townsend at £14million. Nice to see Newcastle not buying French players again. If we sell him I would like to see if we could get Thauvin on loan (perhaps optimistic but he isnt doing anything at Newcastle)

Comment

Would £7m be a good price for Phillips

That's the figure being put about, I thought we paid more than that for him?

Might get more if a bidding was starts!

Comment

Perhaps League 1 is where some of those fans want to see QPR playing again.

I would only be interested in Armstrong on a loan basis to see if he can step up to this level.

I agree about the fee for Phillips. I'd like him to stay on until the summer if a good fee is not offered.

Comment

Matty Phillips

Just reported on SSN that Middlesborouh have tabled a bid of £6m for Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by robloft View Post
                  That's the figure being put about, I thought we paid more than that for him?

Might get more if a bidding was starts!
                  We paid £5 million from Blackpool

Comment

Apparently already rejected.. If he is about to leave, lets have a bidding war!

Comment

Would he want to go to a team that will struggle in the PL?

Comment

I will take him up there.
                        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Have to agree with most of that. This clamour for us to sign lower league players could end up with us in lower leagues.

Comment

I'd take their arm off never mind their hand off for 6m

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                              Have to agree with most of that. This clamour for us to sign lower league players could end up with us in lower leagues.
                              Not sure it is a 'clamour' as such.
                              Where would you like us to buy our players out of interest?

Comment

http://readwestbrom.com/2016/01/21/b...nship-winger/?

Comment

Working...
                                X