No announcement yet.

Cherries, Baggies, Smoggies, Geordies & Hornets interest in Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anything over 6 and he can go. so inconsistent. and we have a surplus of midfielders
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      Yes. Would like to see Gladwin get a few more games before I make my mind up but I wouldn't be terribly upset if he went.
      Yep, Gladwin is a good player and will prove himself if given the chance

Comment

From the sounds of it, im in the minoirty here, but think we should keep hold of him and offer a new contract if its true its up in 18 months time.

The bloke is a right winger and a right winger only. Not CF, LW or number 10. stick with him there and we will reap the rewards. Far too many people who think he should beat his man 9/10 times. Just not realistic.

Comment

Good move for Matty

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
            I'll drive him there for 8 m
            This seasons gone.
            Sell fer , Sandro , Phillips , gladwin and let Jimmy build HIS side in the summer
            This plus hoilett - if we can get any sort of fee for him after the 3 years we had then fantastic.

Let jfh bring in two or three new wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              From the sounds of it, im in the minoirty here, but think we should keep hold of him and offer a new contract if its true its up in 18 months time.

The bloke is a right winger and a right winger only. Not CF, LW or number 10. stick with him there and we will reap the rewards. Far too many people who think he should beat his man 9/10 times. Just not realistic.
              I definitely agree with you here. The issue many footballers have playing at home is a confidence thing. You see him running at someone and trying to beat him with some skill and when it doesn't work out, he gets unreal boos. He's never gonna try to beat his man again is he? Just let him do what he does, get down the wing and deliver it, if he doesn't make it the first, second, third time, just keep getting the ball to him and encouraging him to do his stuff, it will work and we will get a ball into Polter.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I have always said he isn't actually that good. Think he can put in a great delivery at times and has a decent strike on him but doesnt offer much else. 1 good game in 6 or 7 isn't good enough at this level. Think he has the potential to be a very good player but wouldn't be a huge loss if he moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                  I have always said he isn't actually that good. Think he can put in a great delivery at times and has a decent strike on him but doesnt offer much else. 1 good game in 6 or 7 isn't good enough at this level. Think he has the potential to be a very good player but wouldn't be a huge loss if he moved on.
                  What more can he do as a winger? He runs at his man and is direct in general. As you say, he's got a good delivery and a good strike. I'd say those are the requirements of being a very good winger.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    What more can he do as a winger? He runs at his man and is direct in general. As you say, he's got a good delivery and a good strike. I'd say those are the requirements of being a very good winger.
                    He wants away. So we should just get the best price we can, & get someone in there who wants to play for us. I'd like to see Petrasso get the rest of the season .

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      What about the not so good qualities that he possesses ? Goes missing in games , has serious confidence issues where if he's a bit off he might as well not be there, squanders great scoring opportunitys and isn't the best defensively . He's not a kid any more and I think we should be getting more out of him than we do as others have said 1 good game in 5 or 6 isn't good enough . If someone offers decent money I'd sell . Same goes for hoilet although I've been impressed with him lately

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                        He wants away. So we should just get the best price we can, & get someone who wants to play for us. I'd like to see Petrasso get the rest of the season .
                        If we are certain he wants away then sure, but I don't think it's that straightforward mate. Would love to see Petrasso get more game time but not at the expense of forcing out Matty.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          What about the not so good qualities that he possesses ? Goes missing in games , has serious confidence issues where if he's a bit off he might as well not be there, squanders great scoring opportunitys and isn't the best defensively . He's not a kid any more and I think we should be getting more out of him than we do as others have said 1 good game in 5 or 6 isn't good enough . If someone offers decent money I'd sell . Same goes for hoilet although I've been impressed with him lately
                          So then lets give him confidence. I never personally understood fans who complain about players disappearing because they lack confidence. The whole point of us being at the stadium as fans is to give them a boost in confidence. All I see with Matty is abuse if he makes one mistake. He may end up having more confidence if we acknowledge his effort in beating his man, or delivering a cross; as opposed to just booing him the way I've seen at LR.

Comment

Frustrating player but he's at QPR so what do we expect....if the offer is £8m I would bite their hands off as long as we see re-investment into the squad.

Comment

drifts in and out of games , he needs a new challenge , don't think his hearts really in it

Comment

Sell him, Fer and Sandro and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X