The positive thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Stats are nonsense when your full back is out of position and does not cut out a cross into the area. Facts are both from the hull left side and our full back was nowhere near for either goal.
    How's about reading my comment, understanding that I watched the goals now 5 times each and can make a valid statement on them as a result, including watching them at the match. He was not to blame for the goals.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I asked where was he for the 1st goal? Did he stop the cross for the 2nd? Full backs have to stop crosses into the box especially when you have a keeper like green. No cross means no mix up.

Comment

We're all splitting atoms here and it's pointless and tedious. We all have our own opinions on who farked up when etc, but the bottom line is we were $HIT today and have been for a while.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I thought Faurlin looked today every inch ofva player who had had three serious knee injuries. Other then passing what does he now bring to the team??? When sides attack they run straight past him he's unable to recover. Perhaps he just tired given number of games he's played and length of time he was out but for me he's notvsn automatic choice in my starting eleven

Comment

I asked where was he for the 1st goal? Did he stop the cross for the 2nd? Full backs have to stop crosses into the box especially when you have a keeper like green. No cross means no mix up.
            Sorry, I forgot you want God to be our right back. Full backs have to support the attacker where possible and then be able to make it as difficult as possible for a good cross to come in. The fact is, the cross was not a danger till Green came out. No predicting lunacy.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              We're all splitting atoms here and it's pointless and tedious. We all have our own opinions on who farked up when etc, but the bottom line is we were $HIT today and have been for a while.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Ken Dodd's on the box.

He looks a bit like Warnock actually.

Fark. We miss that bloke.

Sorry. Not positive........

Comment

would love ken dodd to be next "first team coach"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    would love ken dodd to be next "first team coach"
                    Lol.

I know the first place he could stick that feather duster........

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                      Lol.

I know the first place he could stick that feather duster........

Comment

Nas, Have you ever played football at a level? Full backs are there to defend and attacking is secondary and that is something that is coached at a young age. As for the god remark I think toys out the pram springs to mind and because of someone not agreeing with your stats. If he cross is stopped then the kamikaze pilot that is green cannot cause any damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          mint sauce?
                          Roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, green beans with mint sauce on the lamb and gravy over everything. It was pucker mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, green beans with mint sauce on the lamb and gravy over everything. It was pucker mate!
                            thats a proper dinner mate. quality

Comment

Nas, Have you ever played football at a level? Full backs are there to defend and attacking is secondary and that is something that is coached at a young age. As for the god remark I think toys out the pram springs to mind and because of someone not agreeing with your stats. If he cross is stopped then the kamikaze pilot that is green cannot cause any damage.
                              Unfortunately, I have not been able to play football at any level on account of having a severe medical condition limiting my stamina and ability to run for such a long period of time. Instead, I've spent a lot of my life studying the intricacies of the sport, understanding what the players go through and what they are supposed to do, hence my belief of Ned doing what he is supposed to.

Next, if you think full backs are taught to defend first any more, you are in for a shock. In fact, most full backs are just wingers who either can't shoot, or who can run for 90 minutes at full speed. Full backs are attacking players these days, the position demands it. These days, squads have 3 hyper defensive players in the middle in the form of 2 cb's and a cdm, 4 moderately defensive players in the form of two centre mids and two full backs, but ultimately their main aim is to push the ball up field. So no, full backs are not coached to defend first. They are coached in attacking initially and the defending really comes down to experience. There is a huge level of trust in football. Ned closes down and makes the decision to push his man as far out as possible, to make the cross, which he can't block easier to deal with. The winger is not going to cross it into a position where Onuoha could consider getting a touch on it. So Onuoha's best bet of stopping a goal would be to force him into a bad crossing position in terms of location and balance, something he did well. For me, the cross was not a danger at all. It was aimed into an easy position to deal with. Onuoha has to trust those around him to deal with it, something they could not do unfortunately.

Finally, I posted stats showing that he did have a good game in general. My consensus on the two goals, as I said many times now, was based on my experience at the game and numerous replays I've seen at home.

Comment

I'm lost

Comment

Working...
                                X