Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    I'm lost
    I can't blame you mate, don't see the point in the argument and I'm bl00 dy in it lol. Main point is that the goals went in and unfortunately, we lost.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'm just sick of us talking about the same drab stuff. When will we be able to talk about a team we are proud of again. Annoying. Very very annoying.

Comment

Horrible football. Was so glad to get home today as my feet were ####ing freezing. I thought Phillips played okay and Polter even though he was #### put in a very good shift. Other than that utter shambles. Whats up with Faurlin? Looks ####ed!!!!!! No drive from midfield, no pace between Henry or Faurlin and that Diame was too fast and strong for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Horrible football. Was so glad to get home today as my feet were ####ing freezing. I thought Phillips played okay and Polter even though he was #### put in a very good shift. Other than that utter shambles. Whats up with Faurlin? Looks ####ed!!!!!! No drive from midfield, no pace between Henry or Faurlin and that Diame was too fast and strong for them.
          Exactly as I saw it. we need some drive in that midfield!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Exactly as I saw it. we need some drive in that midfield!
            Massively mate. Faurlin = 2 acl injuries and no pace, looks ####ed. Henry = no pace or skill to drive forward with the ball. Sandro = always injured and slow. Toszer = no explanation needed. Luongo = no idea how he doesn't get a game, young, skilful, strong on the ball.

Comment

I didn't notice Faurlin was playing.

Comment

Is JFH actually Ramsey in desguise?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  Massively mate. Faurlin = 2 acl injuries and no pace, looks ####ed. Henry = no pace or skill to drive forward with the ball. Sandro = always injured and slow. Toszer = no explanation needed. Luongo = no idea how he doesn't get a game, young, skilful, strong on the ball.
                  This with bells on mate. How Henry gets picked week in, week out over Luongo is beyond me!

Comment

Luongo and diakite.....you know it makes sense jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Unfortunately, I have not been able to play football at any level on account of having a severe medical condition limiting my stamina and ability to run for such a long period of time. Instead, I've spent a lot of my life studying the intricacies of the sport, understanding what the players go through and what they are supposed to do, hence my belief of Ned doing what he is supposed to.

Next, if you think full backs are taught to defend first any more, you are in for a shock. In fact, most full backs are just wingers who either can't shoot, or who can run for 90 minutes at full speed. Full backs are attacking players these days, the position demands it. These days, squads have 3 hyper defensive players in the middle in the form of 2 cb's and a cdm, 4 moderately defensive players in the form of two centre mids and two full backs, but ultimately their main aim is to push the ball up field. So no, full backs are not coached to defend first. They are coached in attacking initially and the defending really comes down to experience. There is a huge level of trust in football. Ned closes down and makes the decision to push his man as far out as possible, to make the cross, which he can't block easier to deal with. The winger is not going to cross it into a position where Onuoha could consider getting a touch on it. So Onuoha's best bet of stopping a goal would be to force him into a bad crossing position in terms of location and balance, something he did well. For me, the cross was not a danger at all. It was aimed into an easy position to deal with. Onuoha has to trust those around him to deal with it, something they could not do unfortunately.

Finally, I posted stats showing that he did have a good game in general. My consensus on the two goals, as I said many times now, was based on my experience at the game and numerous replays I've seen at home.
                      Drivel!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        Luongo and diakite.....you know it makes sense jimmy
                        He obviously doesn't, he is Ramsey part 2

Comment

I'm hoping he's left with no option but to play them now

Comment

Only positive for me is that's the first home game I've missed this season. Couldn't watch it on TV either. Thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              On a more serious note, positives for me were Angella and Ned were solid, Hall did alright, Faurlin bossed the middle again, Hoilett was again solid and did a lot of running. Luongo back in the mix, Polter scoring and generally being a nuisance to their back line. Phillips with another beauty on his supposedly weaker left foot.

Negatives for me were Henry, Chery, Konch, Green's kicking and poor dive (which I defended at the time but not any more).
                              Faurlin bossed the midfield????? We're you there? He was poor again got into this thing lately of just keep knocking it forward aimlessly, they ran all over us,
                              I'll give you a positive the food is so hot, you could by a pie now and it will still be hot in march
                              Last edited by dave58; 02-01-2016, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Thought this was the positive thread ?

Comment

Working...
                                X