No announcement yet.

The positive thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nas, Ned was solid? What wing did both Hull goals come from and why did our full back not stop the cross coming in? First goal out of position and Second goal he gives too much space to the winger to cross. Angella was at best average. As you are a stats man I would ask you to look at both goals and see if Ned was still solid.

Comment

My mum cooked a cracking roast lamb and my unused ticket will make a great bookmark!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        On a more serious note, positives for me were Angella and Ned were solid, Hall did alright, Faurlin bossed the middle again, Hoilett was again solid and did a lot of running. Luongo back in the mix, Polter scoring and generally being a nuisance to their back line. Phillips with another beauty on his supposedly weaker left foot.

Negatives for me were Henry, Chery, Konch, Green's kicking and poor dive (which I defended at the time but not any more).
        Faurlin bossed the midfield? Is that some sort of joke?? Diame would have dominated playing with one leg

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Nas, Ned was solid? What wing did both Hull goals come from and why did our full back not stop the cross coming in? First goal out of position and Second goal he gives too much space to the winger to cross. Angella was at best average. As you are a stats man I would ask you to look at both goals and see if Ned was still solid.
          Whoscored.com has set Ned at a 7.2, having made 3 tackles and 4 interceptions. That defensive contribution is only matched by Ale and Angella. The worst player on Hull's team was their Left Mid Sam Clucas with a 6.5. Ned's position for a right back was very normal of the modern full back, supporting the attack. He almost made the interception and there was not much he could do. Not his fault that Hall (who I thought was good but not at his best) didn't follow his man.
          The second goal was in no way his fault, he did what a full back is supposed to which is force the player out. Green should have done better there. Nothing to do with Ned. He did his job.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Whoscored.com has set Ned at a 7.2, having made 3 tackles and 4 interceptions. That defensive contribution is only matched by Ale and Angella. The worst player on Hull's team was their Left Mid Sam Clucas with a 6.5. Ned's position for a right back was very normal of the modern full back, supporting the attack. He almost made the interception and there was not much he could do. Not his fault that Hall (who I thought was good but not at his best) didn't follow his man.
            The second goal was in no way his fault, he did what a full back is supposed to which is force the player out. Green should have done better there. Nothing to do with Ned. He did his job.
            But that hull bloke was pretty decent? Set up winner too!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Faurlin bossed the midfield? Is that some sort of joke?? Diame would have dominated playing with one leg
              Maybe you could rewatch the game tomorrow on player. Faurlin had the ball 9.4% of the game. Second highest was Clucas with 6.6%. Faurlin had 89 first touches. 89. That is a lot, and that suggests that he moved to the ball, made himself available and created, which he did, offering up 70 attempted passes, 19 more than anyone else. So if you call that not bossing the midfield, you should probably wait till we have Xavi Bl 00 dy hernandez on our books.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

But that hull bloke was pretty decent? Set up winner too!
                Didn't do anything all game and the cross wasn't great, as you could probably tell. Green set up the goal.

Comment

Ale did play well.

Diame is a class act though, too good a player for this division IMO, amazed Hull kept him.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Maybe you could rewatch the game tomorrow on player. Faurlin had the ball 9.4% of the game. Second highest was Clucas with 6.6%. Faurlin had 89 first touches. 89. That is a lot, and that suggests that he moved to the ball, made himself available and created, which he did, offering up 70 attempted passes, 19 more than anyone else. So if you call that not bossing the midfield, you should probably wait till we have Xavi Bl 00 dy hernandez on our books.
                    But he had no presence. Diame was the driving force all game. Your input with the stats is interesting but I don't care what stats say, Diame was head and shoulders ahead of our midfielders. For me, our midfielders are the main concern.

Comment

Forget .com sites where did both goals come from you are the stats man on here so please tell me where both crosses came from and why was the crosses not cut out.

Comment

Might I add as well that he made 4 tackles and 3 interceptions and was outstanding in the air again.

Comment

Stats are nonsense when your full back is out of position and does not cut out a cross into the area. Facts are both from the hull left side and our full back was nowhere near for either goal.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Ale did play well.

Diame is a class act though, too good a player for this division IMO, amazed Hull kept him.
                            He was better than Henry but that wasn't difficult. I'm actually a supporter of Henry but he was poor today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              My mum cooked a cracking roast lamb and my unused ticket will make a great bookmark!
                              mint sauce?
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

But he had no presence. Diame was the driving force all game. Your input with the stats is interesting but I don't care what stats say, Diame was head and shoulders ahead of our midfielders. For me, our midfielders are the main concern.
                                Diame was nothing particularly special beyond the assist he played. Barely had the ball and was out of the game in general. Only Ned, Henry and the strikers had the ball less than him all game. Mostly frozen out by Ale and the defence. Unfortunately got one run which did the damage but don't think he is worth mentioning as a standout from today. IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X