Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Don't think one year left on a contract ever stops a buying club, honestly I don't. He just wasn't worth what rangers valued him at, though I think he was as much as you do, but we ain't the ones paying out the 15 million.
    Lewandowski to Bayern would have happened a year earlier if they weren't confident of him leaving.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

There always an exception to everything mate if you look hard enough.

Comment

Naismith of Everton is attracting attention, valued at £8m. If that's the going rate than Charlie should fetch at least £10m
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Bet he wishes he hadn't turned down Leicester now!

Comment

Did he turn them down or did the club cos they lowballed on the 15 million?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Did he turn them down or did the club cos they lowballed on the 15 million?
              I imagine a combination of both. Club wanted more money but get the feeling they would have sounded out Charlie and accepted/entered negotiations if he wanted to go there

Comment

I could see us getting £8mil from a desperate club as desperate people resort to desperate measures. Problem is will Charlie sign for a desperate club with a pot of gold waiting in four months

He again holds all the cards if played properly could possibly gain more financially if he moved now say to a villa with a relegation selling clause of £8mil then signs and gets another signing on fee in August with mid table side

Its win win for him whatever he chooses

Comment

Palace, Southampton and Newcastle all want him.

10 mill is nothing for a striker nowadays and with the money on football and impending fortune coming next year we can afford to play hard ball.

Thing is Charlie has a massive say, best hope is if palace or Southampton come on for him as they are stable clubs who will play orem football next year and based down south.

Comment

Working...
                  X