Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    If the club is offered a decent amount for him in the January transfer window, should they accept it?
    Given the way the season was screwed up by appointing a youth team coach in the Summer, I am now almost resigned to the fact that QPR will not be even making the play-offs this season, so rather than lose him for nothing at the end of the season, I think the club should consider reasonable offers of around £8M for him as long as a capable striker such as Gayle is willing to join QPR, at least on loan until this miserable season ends.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Given the way the season was screwed up by appointing a youth team coach in the Summer, I am now almost resigned to the fact that QPR will not be even making the play-offs this season, so rather than lose him for nothing at the end of the season, I think the club should consider reasonable offers of around £8M for him as long as a capable striker such as Gayle is willing to join QPR, at least on loan until this miserable season ends.
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
        I think the club took a big gamble by keeping him and hoping his goals would at least give us a realistic chance of the play offs. I don't have a problem with that and at least it showed some ambition.
        The problem that we do have, imho, is that although we have some big name players in our squad, we look a very average side without him.
        That's because of a few reasons that include not signing adequate strikers as back up or support, nor appointing a decent manager in the Summer and playing and persisting with a system that is not really working during matches.

Comment

We will not get anywhere near £8m now. He will leave for free in the summer or we will be lucky to get £5m in Jan. More likely we will get £3-£4m.

Comment

Remember this isn't his actual worth but what a club can pay on the basis his contract expires in June and therefore he walks on a free. His true fair value is somewhere around £15m

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Remember this isn't his actual worth but what a club can pay on the basis his contract expires in June and therefore he walks on a free. His true fair value is somewhere around £15m
              But it isn't, cos we valued him at that on the windscreen and not one punter even took the slightest nibble, nobody even wanted a test drive on a boring Sunday to waste some time and take the family for a day out.

Comment

That's becasue they knew he had a year left and thought because we were relegated we would give in. Charlie with 2-3 years left, having banged in 18-25 every season including scoring in the prem is def worth £15m.

Comment

I know he has said himself he is here until the Summer, and I don't doubt him wanting to be (bosman signing on fee for him), but I think that a struggling PL club will bid £5m in Jan and the club will cash in.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Nah rich, good players who are worth the asking price sell no matter what. He's injury prone and nobody wants to part no matter how much we love and rate him.

Comment

Agree to disagree mate. CA stats speak for themselves injuries included he scores 20 every season.

Comment

Don't think one year left on a contract ever stops a buying club, honestly I don't. He just wasn't worth what rangers valued him at, though I think he was as much as you do, but we ain't the ones paying out the 15 million.

Comment

I know what you mean about the year left, if someone wanted him they would have probably bought if they felt the price was right. I think our plight and the FFP fine that was hanging over us at the time meant teams felt they could get a better deal and that we would back down. Little did they know we wouldn't back down and thats why CA is still here.

Comment

Palace, Leicester, villa, bournemouth, newcastle, southampton, wba and sunderland are all looking for strikers so charlies going to be in demand and if a prem club can pick him up for 8-10 mill in todays market its a bargain.

We aint going up this year. Sell him and reinvest what ever we get in him on 1 or 2 strikers.

Comment

As rich said we won't get more than £4/5 million

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                                As rich said we won't get more than £4/5 million
                                Maybe a bidding war is what we need right now, the earlier we can sell all our players the better for us so we can spend it wisely.

Comment

Working...
                                X