It is what it is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    We're at home and playing championship teams. We should be looking to impose our game not the other way round
    Exactly. Starting with no natural striker is criminal at home.

Comment

I thought JFH was a great appointment and I'm sticking by it. Think now that January is looming, he may well have seen enough to know who is a waste of space and who is worth keeping hold of. He cannot be held responsible for the squad he inherited which was put together by others. Personally, if blame is going to be apportioned, then the majority of it needs to be aimed at the players, many of whom have proven time and time again that they aren't very good, can't be bothered to put in the required effort and don't deserve to be at our club. Fer, Toszer and Green would be the first three I would be looking to offload next week.

Despite the fact that Toszer gave away a completely unnecessary free kick yesterday, Green's organisation of the defence was schoolboy at best. From where it was, there was never going to be anything other than a direct attempt at goal into one of the corners. Would it really have been so difficult to get a man on either post, or one at the very least, bearing in mind how regularly Green gets beaten due from such situations?

Seriously thinking about giving New Years Day a miss now though. Lacking the desire to put in the effort at the moment considering the total lack of effort and professionalism from the players.

Comment

Got a feeling the hull game will be a proper thriller. But they are terrible away from home at the moment and it's on telly, so the thriller will end in them winning no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          after 5 games a bit ridiculous to question Jimmy's tenure. What I would say is you could have 100 posters with different opinions on team selection. But not one would have played that side yesterday. Taking fans for mugs, many travelling distances, to play without a recognized striker at home and against average opposition
          This. With bells on. Yesterday's selection was almost unforgivable. Everyone on here knew how s hit we would be when the team was posted. How come paid professionals didn't??

Comment

I just want to see the youngsters given a chance now, where are they ( Luongo/Smithies/Doughty/Harriman/Gladwin). Seeing a midfield of Henry/Sandro/Toszer/Fer is depressing

Comment

Smithies?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Got a feeling the hull game will be a proper thriller. But they are terrible away from home at the moment and it's on telly, so the thriller will end in them winning no doubt.
                We'll get strolled over if we play the side we played yesterday though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  I haven't given up on him
                  irrespective of whether or not this works out, I just don't understand why you, or Brighton - or anyone else - thought this was a sane appointment. I really don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    irrespective of whether or not this works out, I just don't understand why you, or Brighton - or anyone else - thought this was a sane appointment. I really don't get it.
                    Will be interesting to see how us and Fulham get on with our managerial choices...

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      The bloke was a hugely successful player and so far, has been a very successful manager, albeit at a lower standard.

Absolutely crazy to write him off this early without knowing the reasons for his recent team selections.

One thing is for sure though. Some so called fans won't even give him a chance.

Comment

He could have said anything and some of you will still slate him. No winning.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Apart from being ex-scum, 'pinch of salt' fellas, I really hope JFB is a success. I do find it difficult to understand how we can start a home game without a recognised striker. If it's due to injuries, illness, a n other reason, why not be open and say so? People would be less likely to get on his back if there was a bit of communication.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            This. With bells on. Yesterday's selection was almost unforgivable. Everyone on here knew how s hit we would be when the team was posted. How come paid professionals didn't??
                            Exactly paid so called professionals

Comment

Awful post match interview after a terrible performance.

What frustrates me is that nothing has changed. It's obvious to everyone in the stadium that Karl Henry offers nothing that far up the pitch, apart from our management team it seems. It's also pretty obvious that we aren't going to score many with a winger playing up top on his own and Karl Henry the second furthest up the pitch.

I think Polter is absolutely garbage for this level of football but we only actually started to look dangerous against Huddersfield when he came on. We need to start with either Polter or JET, playing without a striker is ridiculous, especially at home against poor opposition.

Team selection and tactics in the last few games have got me asking some serious questions though.

1.) Why does Luongo continue to get overlooked? I thought he was our best midfielder earlier on in the season. He certainly offers a load more than Tozser, Henry and even Fer on current form.

2.) Why doesn't Chery get a look in? We were shouting from the rooftops what a coup it was when we got him and he looked very dangerous in a couple of games early on, banged in some decent goals too. Is he sulking about something? If so Jimmy needs to go put an arm around him and get him playing again. We look horribly devoid of ideas going forward and he could make all the difference.

3.) Why has so little changed with the new manager? Both tactically and with team selection. You could watch back Ramsey's last 5 games, Warnock's few games in charge and JFH's first few games and you'd struggle to see any marked change in the brand of football or tactics we adopt. The big concern on this one for me is the possibility that the team isn't being selected by the bloke in the dugout. If that's the case then we are totally screwed and can probably look forward to a long line up puppets coming and going in the head coach role.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 31-12-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Huddersfield were awful under there new manager for a few games who has been the assistant manager to klopp!

But recently they have looked very decent but it's taken 8,9 or 10 games.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the jfh appointment as I believe we should of gone down a warnock, lambert or Pearson route but we need to give jfh more of a chance than to call his head after 5 games.

He's a different manager to warnock and that's why the players look lost right now as he's trying to implement his way of playing rather than play to the strengths of the current squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X