Maybe we've put the mockers on the seagulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we've put the mockers on the seagulls

Was it Cardiff a few years ago who were storming the championship, then we beat them, and their season fell apart? We definitely messed one team up at the top. Brighton have Middlesboro Saturday, wondering if the pressure will get to them now, they're off the top thanks to us. I mean, who likes teams singing 'we're top of the league' all game?

They went bloody quiet after we made it 2-1, w anker fans
    You Rsssssss

Comment

I hope so. Their fans were proper muglets last night.
      Plus, I spent most of the game scratching my head, wondering how in the blue hell that lot were top of the league and unbeaten. They were rubbish.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

muglets. :lol: I like that word.

Anyway, I'm a Brighton fan. I thought it was a good game of football last night. We weren't at our best, probably tiredness creeping in. Back to back away games against Derby and QPR was always going to be a tough ask. By the way @harryboy, when teams concede goals, their fans normally do go quiet. Are you new to the game? Probably best you go back to ruggerball eh?

Rather than talking about the Albion and our fans, I think you should be asking questions about just why it takes your team to play against the only unbeaten team in the league and install a new manager to get bang up for putting a performance in. To be clear - QPR, Derby (and curiously, Bristol City) are the best teams we've played this season. QPR have no business being in mid table with a front 4 of Hoillet, Fer, Austin and Phillips. Mind you, as a few of you have wisely pointed out, you need to bin your keeper pronto. He's gash. Stockdale must be earning a fraction of what Green's on, and he's twice the keeper.

I think like us, you've now got a quality manager and you'll soon fly past the likes of Cardiff and Birmingham. I don't think we'd fancy meeting you in the play offs, but obviously we're hoping we won't need them.

Comment

Good post

Comment

Don't think Brighton were as bad as some have said. They were not particularly entertaining but they looked fit, organised and prepared to roll their sleeves up

I'm surprised there still unbeaten but they are and that don't happen without good reason. I like Houghton I don't mind Brighton either so good luck to them. Based on last night's performance don't think they will go up automatically but will defo make play offs and being as organised and hardworking as they are they will have a cracking chance

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
              Good post
              Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Don't think Brighton were as bad as some have said. They were not particularly entertaining but they looked fit, organised and prepared to roll their sleeves up

I'm surprised there still unbeaten but they are and that don't happen without good reason. I like Houghton I don't mind Brighton either so good luck to them. Based on last night's performance don't think they will go up automatically but will defo make play offs and being as organised and hardworking as they are they will have a cracking chance
                Agree....well organised side with a solid spine.......I have a sneaking suspicion (hope) that we could meet them in the play offs

Comment

They reminded me exactly of Norwich under Houghton. Cheating toss pots. Holding like hulk hogan in the penalty area, dirty tackles everywhere and going down like a sack of spuds if a player goes anywhere near them. Horrible side, horrible tactics and i hate them. Works though, but who wants that old rubbish every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Simster View Post
                    muglets. :lol: I like that word.

Anyway, I'm a Brighton fan. I thought it was a good game of football last night. We weren't at our best, probably tiredness creeping in. Back to back away games against Derby and QPR was always going to be a tough ask. By the way @harryboy, when teams concede goals, their fans normally do go quiet. Are you new to the game? Probably best you go back to ruggerball eh?

Rather than talking about the Albion and our fans, I think you should be asking questions about just why it takes your team to play against the only unbeaten team in the league and install a new manager to get bang up for putting a performance in. To be clear - QPR, Derby (and curiously, Bristol City) are the best teams we've played this season. QPR have no business being in mid table with a front 4 of Hoillet, Fer, Austin and Phillips. Mind you, as a few of you have wisely pointed out, you need to bin your keeper pronto. He's gash. Stockdale must be earning a fraction of what Green's on, and he's twice the keeper.

I think like us, you've now got a quality manager and you'll soon fly past the likes of Cardiff and Birmingham. I don't think we'd fancy meeting you in the play offs, but obviously we're hoping we won't need them.
                    Good post.

I love the irony from QPR fans saying your fans were gash, yet we barely made a noise all game. Yeah, you got a bit quieter but you still out sung us all game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      They reminded me exactly of Norwich under Houghton. Cheating toss pots. Holding like hulk hogan in the penalty area, dirty tackles everywhere and going down like a sack of spuds if a player goes anywhere near them. Horrible side, horrible tactics and i hate them. Works though, but who wants that old rubbish every week.
                      Kev..let's not forget our very own Chaz going down like he'd been shot when Greer looked at him in the first half...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I DO watch them every week and it's far from rubbish. The big difference between Albion and your lot this season, is that we haven't really been proper gash once. Not once. We have been incredibly consistent. We've certainly had games where we've been far from our best, but we really haven't ever been poor at all. Even going in half time two nil down at home to Charlton, we had a few cretins booing but most recognised that we'd been playing well bar a shocking opening 5 minute spell.

As for Tuesday, I find it incredible that you'd consider our team particularly dirty or boring. We just did a classic away team job on a home side who were bang up for it, and QPR really were up for it. Sometimes you just have to accept that the opposition aren't going to roll over for you and are capable of playing well themselves. That's what I'm doing here - an Albion win would have been very harsh on QPR - but I think you might want to do the same. Life's too short for pointless bitterness. It was simply a cracking game of Championship football played between two good sides, and well refereed.

Comment

Hughton watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                            Good post.

I love the irony from QPR fans saying your fans were gash, yet we barely made a noise all game. Yeah, you got a bit quieter but you still out sung us all game.
                            Again, you shouldn't be too hard on yourselves. Local away games always attract good away support for clubs our size - and then all the singers in the away end are obviously in the same part of the ground. You'll bring 2k+ down to the Amex and probably out sing us. That's modern football.

Comment

Was sort of with you Simster until "well refereed". Personally thought he had a poor game; your 1st goal was a foul (push in sandro's back) and Dunk should have had a straight red not a 2nd yellow off the top of my head. Sure there were other things too

Comment

Working...
                              X