Maybe we've put the mockers on the seagulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
    Was it Cardiff a few years ago who were storming the championship, then we beat them, and their season fell apart? We definitely messed one team up at the top. Brighton have Middlesboro Saturday, wondering if the pressure will get to them now, they're off the top thanks to us. I mean, who likes teams singing 'we're top of the league' all game?
    Did that happen to Manure after we trounced them New Years Day 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Was sort of with you Simster until "well refereed". Personally thought he had a poor game; your 1st goal was a foul (push in sandro's back) and Dunk should have had a straight red not a 2nd yellow off the top of my head. Sure there were other things too
      Don't agree with either.

Sandro went down like he'd been bulldozed and in the build up to that corner, Dunk had been having his shirt pulled beyond what I would consider was acceptable. Then again, Bruno was apparently doing that to Austin all game, so I think the ref probably should have had more control over the shirt pulling.

I can't make my mind up with the Dunk decision. In truth, it looked like somewhere between a yellow and a red to me, but seeing as a yellow was going to see him walk, I don't really see the controversy or any reason to berate the ref. And what an annoying brain fart that was, from our point of view. Dunk had been having a pretty decent game until then.

Comment

according to some Brighton fans we are a 1 man team (Charlie), others thought he was a cheating barsteward. Workmanlike side with their 'flair' players sidelined by all accounts. We've softened them up for Boro and I can see them doing the seaweeds
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Simster View Post
          You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I DO watch them every week and it's far from rubbish. The big difference between Albion and your lot this season, is that we haven't really been proper gash once. Not once. We have been incredibly consistent. We've certainly had games where we've been far from our best, but we really haven't ever been poor at all. Even going in half time two nil down at home to Charlton, we had a few cretins booing but most recognised that we'd been playing well bar a shocking opening 5 minute spell.

As for Tuesday, I find it incredible that you'd consider our team particularly dirty or boring. We just did a classic away team job on a home side who were bang up for it, and QPR really were up for it. Sometimes you just have to accept that the opposition aren't going to roll over for you and are capable of playing well themselves. That's what I'm doing here - an Albion win would have been very harsh on QPR - but I think you might want to do the same. Life's too short for pointless bitterness. It was simply a cracking game of Championship football played between two good sides, and well refereed.
          I like your posts and I've got nothing against Brighton at all but I just can't stand that spoiler type of football and we showed how naive we are and why we always fail to stay in the prem by not going down in the area the numerous times your defenders were grappling with Charlie and Fer. It's spoiling football but we should of played it back

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            according to some Brighton fans we are a 1 man team (Charlie), others thought he was a cheating barsteward. Workmanlike side with their 'flair' players sidelined by all accounts. We've softened them up for Boro and I can see them doing the seaweeds
            You're clearly not a 1 man team, which only goes to show we've all got ##### in our support. To be honest, our flair players are the ones who are crocked. Lua Lua is back next month, but Solly March is out for the season. Both are wide men and have been absolute quality for us. We're also missing Gaetan Bong who was superb for us as an attacking left back until he got injured (out for 3 months), and then his replacement Liam Rosenior recently.

Comment

This is the time of year on where squad strength becomes so important

Comment

TIRED

How much did we take out of Brighton Tuesday night judging by first 30 mins v Boro
                we really ran them ragged,they look jaded.

Comment

But Zamora is not tired, I suppose. Maybe bad news for Boro
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Ahem

Comment

3-0 boro after 63 mins

Comment

Our pressing game took the wind outta the Gulls

Comment

Bruno with a nasty challenge on a Boro player.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

This result has opened the door for us to slide right in there into second place.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                              They went bloody quiet after we made it 2-1, w anker fans
                              It was funny but a joy.

Comment

Don't think it's down to us they were due a lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X