"QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Irrespective of whether it is or not, IMO that isn't a reason to want someone's head. Ramsey isn't even the worst we've had here in the last 20 years and people (58) still wants Les' head for that. Get over it, everyone makes mistakes. Sir Alex brought Kleberson and Eric Djemba Djemba, doesn't mean that we should #### him off. He also brought Moyes in and that didn't work out, yet you don't see people slagging him off for that.
    Probably because Sir Alex actually achieved something, hence the name. Dont think there's much comparison between Les and Sir Alex IMO

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      No read what I said i accept he recommended or was key however you want to badge it but did HE employ him???
      No, but as we know TF & his partners are easily led. They put their (blind) trust in Hughes, then Redknapp and now Les in the hope that they'd handle the football side of things. Appointing his untried mate on a 3 year deal was irresponsible to be honest and more of a favour to Ramsey than TF or QPR.

At least that's how I see it, maybe there were limits on who he could bring in and what he could spend following HR's reign of terror.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
        No, but as we know TF & his partners are easily led. They put their (blind) trust in Hughes, then Redknapp and now Les in the hope that they'd handle the football side of things. Appointing his untried mate on a 3 year deal was irresponsible to be honest and more of a favour to Ramsey than TF or QPR.

At least that's how I see it, maybe there were limits on who he could bring in and what he could spend following HR's reign of terror.
        The board will listen to Les again I feel.
        Whoever Les suggests will get the job, and I think it will be Sherwood.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          The board will listen to Les again I feel.
          Whoever Les suggests will get the job, and I think it will be Sherwood.
          No, I don't think Tim will be selected hoop. If as we are guessing CR was Les' suggestion, I think it would be too big a risk to hire another pal

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
            Les was the key to Ramsey's appointment, if you can't recognise that you're in denial. I've never had much belief in his suitability as a DoF but going for Warnock isn't going to solve any of our problems in the long term.

It's disappointing to see two guys who gave a lot to the club in past putting their own gain before the club's.
            Exactly without the DOFs recommendation they wouldn't have given Ramsey the job, T.F relied on his so called DOF to get the right man, instead he chose to give the job to his mate, who Had no managerial experience what so ever, also the 3 year contract he dished out, if he'd have said you can have a year rolling I'd have more respect for him, which also I think Ramsey would've been happy with
            I think the DOF is on a bit of self preservation, and if I done my job or made such a mistake I'd be on borrowed time, also by the way I don't want Warnock As a permanent manager, but he'll do until we can get a descent manager,

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              No, I don't think Tim will be selected hoop. If as we are guessing CR was Les' suggestion, I think it would be too big a risk to hire another pal
              Agree with you mate. I don't think the board are stupid evough to listen to him twice.

He was one of our best players in the 90's but currently he is ####ing over a lot of people's opinions about him. Don't ruin your legend status just to get another one of your mates in.

If we go down that road again I'll be requesting my ST money back under the trades description act

Comment

Do you think the board will ask Warnocks opinion on who he feels should be looked at?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruislip Ranger View Post
                  Agree with you mate. I don't think the board are stupid evough to listen to him twice.

He was one of our best players in the 90's but currently he is ####ing over a lot of people's opinions about him. Don't ruin your legend status just to get another one of your mates in.

If we go down that road again I'll be requesting my ST money back under the trades description act
                  Harsh Ruislip....

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                  Do you think the board will ask Warnocks opinion on who he feels should be looked at?
                  Think they might, although bottom line Les is the dof. But doesn't hurt to ask a man's opinion who's been in football as long as he has.
                  He might not have a piece of paper, but he knows football

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    Exactly without the DOFs recommendation they wouldn't have given Ramsey the job, T.F relied on his so called DOF to get the right man, instead he chose to give the job to his mate, who Had no managerial experience what so ever, also the 3 year contract he dished out, if he'd have said you can have a year rolling I'd have more respect for him, which also I think Ramsey would've been happy with
                    I think the DOF is on a bit of self preservation, and if I done my job or made such a mistake I'd be on borrowed time, also by the way I don't want Warnock As a permanent manager, but he'll do until we can get a descent manager,
                    Warnock doesn't want the managers job either 58. But will do till the end of the month

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      Probably because Sir Alex actually achieved something, hence the name. Dont think there's much comparison between Les and Sir Alex IMO
                      C'mon now, I wasn't even alive when he was here, I know he's sir Les to all of us.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        C'mon now, I wasn't even alive when he was here, I know he's sir Les to all of us.
                        I dont judge Les on his playing days as that would be silly

Comment

• Locked, Power struggle? I wish.

When have we ever been involved in anything of consequence that made a difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            What qualifications does Les have as DOF?
                            As has been pointed out many times, none whatsoever. Which made him nailed on to get the job at our gaff.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              As has been pointed out many times, none whatsoever. Which made him nailed on to get the job at our gaff.
                              What do you mean? He's actually got the qualification, he earned it before getting the job. Read up on it, its the On Board course as well as - I'm sure - a few others that make him work in this role.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                What do you mean? He's actually got the qualification, he earned it before getting the job. Read up on it, its the On Board course as well as - I'm sure - a few others that make him work in this role.
                                Fair point, but experience is a key qualification unless you start at the very bottom. In terms of real world experience he had zilch. So giving him a DoF job in the Prem was a leap in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X