No announcement yet.

"QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't believe a word of this. However I do believe that Warno is angling for the job, who wouldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Just my opinion I believe Ramsey was sacked as soon as Warnock walked in the door
      Well the writing was on the wall as soon as Warnock turned up!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
        Well the writing was on the wall as soon as Warnock turned up!
        What even if we won every game after he got here? How would that of worked?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          What even if we won every game after he got here? How would that of worked?
          I think that the fact that Warnock was invited to help meant the board were losing faith in Ramsey and thought he was struggling and weren't expecting him to win every game after he arrived. I think that even if Ramsey had suddenly found a winning formula Warnock would have been the shadow behind him waiting for things to go wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            There are still managers who want sole control, which is fair enough, because if players are brought in he should bring them in, and they are his players not someone sitting in the background, because if it goes #### up the manager will get the blame, and we should be able to say you bought these players in its your team (like we were to H.R it was his players) rather than a team the manager is told to have and players he may not have wanted,
            I personally want someone in sole control of the way we play and the players on the pitch are his team. Part of Ramsey's demise may have been what he was told to have rather than what he wanted
            What and then when he gets sacked or quits, we have to rebuild all over again so that the new manager can have his players? No thanks, I'd rather some consistency at a high level in the form of a DOF who won't allow constant rotating doors for players.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              What job Matty full time manager , manager while the club look further afield to make the right appointment or DOF , most posters want Pearson if he was appointed who would he work with better Warnock or Ferdinand ? , now before Stato gets on my case this is a question
              Cheers for the call out. I'd rather have Ferdinand here as DOF than Warnock, mainly because of Age and qualifications. The longer a DOF can stay at the club, the greater the consistency and success you can expect of them. Also saying most people want Pearson is not really true. Some want him, some want the 5 or 6 other candidates linked.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Cheers for the call out. I'd rather have Ferdinand here as DOF than Warnock, mainly because of Age and qualifications. The longer a DOF can stay at the club, the greater the consistency and success you can expect of them. Also saying most people want Pearson is not really true. Some want him, some want the 5 or 6 other candidates linked.
                What qualifications does Les have as DOF?

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
                  What about Warnock and his players?

#Kieron Dyer
                  #Danny Gabbidon
                  #DJ Campbell
                  #Brian Murphy
                  #Joey Barton
                  #Luke Young
                  #Armand Traoré
                  #Shaun Wright-Phillips
                  #Anton Ferdinand
                  Agree never said Neil is the answer had had some dodgy players, but as a temporary stand in good enough until( although I wouldn't put Barton in there,) we can find the right person? and SWP and Ferdinand 2 of the worst players I've seen at Rangers just think the manager takes the blame it should be his team,

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    What and then when he gets sacked or quits, we have to rebuild all over again so that the new manager can have his players? No thanks, I'd rather some consistency at a high level in the form of a DOF who won't allow constant rotating doors for players.
                    Oh yes like we've had under the current DOF manager he gave job to gone after not in the job a year, so who sacked him the DOF or T.F?, and if it wasn't the DOF he doesn't deserve to be in the job for not having the Bo**ock to do it. And as stated most managers want their own players and if you cant see that your very blinkered,
                    by the way your not the DOF in disguise trying to hold on to your job?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      I recall at his appointment him talking about getting some financial or business degree or something of the sort that made him a better DOF, especially given that he is also a knowledgeable football man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        To be fair to Les he has a lot of football qualifications. Coaching up to his pro licence I believe, and has the newish board room qualification called 'on board' or something like that. I remember reading also he is currently doing or completed some management diploma.

Obviously it comes down to experience and this is his first role - but we all have to start somewhere I guess.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Well his Tenure hasn't started well! A big mistake with his first appointment and a bad one at that considering the contract he handed out!

Comment

LF isn't the problem, they took a punt on CR, it didn't work, I kind of understand why they did, the next decision is the killer one.
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

Oh yes like we've had under the current DOF manager he gave job to gone after not in the job a year, so who sacked him the DOF or T.F?, and if it wasn't the DOF he doesn't deserve to be in the job for not having the Bo**ock to do it. And as stated most managers want their own players and if you cant see that your very blinkered,
                              by the way your not the DOF in disguise trying to hold on to your job?
                              Yes, most managers want their own players, but they shouldn't get them. I refer you to the end of chapter two of soccernomics, where they summarise the perfect rules for the transfer market. The first thing they say is:

A new manager wastes money on transfers; don't let him
                              The reason for this is to avoid overspending. If you can't see this, you would be very blinkered yourself. A DOF stops this revolving door of players.

But for your first point, you misunderstand totally. With a head coach, they aren't a key element in the same way the players are. When things stop working out for the coach, you replace him with someone else. That's ok, that's expected, the consistency is for the players, not the head coach.

Comment

Well his Tenure hasn't started well! A big mistake with his first appointment and a bad one at that considering the contract he handed out!
                                And lets then go and ignore all the brilliant signings he made over the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X