"QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Would hate to have your life 58 everything is do bleak in it mate lighten up buddy your decent poster when you come out the shadows
    I can't come out of the shadows, can't get out of the pub I love negativity,

Comment

i don't want a manger who is only here for a year. What would be his incentive to help build for the future? Need someone who can fulfill all the talk we got when getting Ramsey in.

Comment

and still the circus carries on
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          QUITE SIMPLE TONY, let Neil carry on until a suitable candidate found and sack the DOF, He's already made a humongous mistake employing a novice on a 3 year contract don't let him fu(k up again GET RID
          Isn't the DOF also a novice, and could that be at least part of the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            Isn't the DOF also a novice, and could that be at least part of the problem?
            Surely every person out there is a novice in all wakes of life until you do it so that's not an arguement. Jose no playing career to speak of but great manager proves that point. Peter Risdale business man in former life ruined Leeds experience is not always the be all and end all

Comment

58 why do you keep saying Les employed Ramsey where are you getting this from???

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                How? Les has been a top top football player and a very good coach, so he has the footballing background sorted. Add the business background which Neil doesn't have and you already see that Les is better equipped.
                So Nas, have you got a stutter or do you think we'll come top top of the league
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

58 why do you keep saying Les employed Ramsey where are you getting this from???
                  Because he was made DOF and his remit was to deal with all things football off the pitch, and when Harry went it was his remit to go and find the new manager, and he did he gave Ramsey the job
                  And if you. Have the opportunity to ask him he would tell you it was his recommendation,i that got Ramsey the job,

Comment

Warnock would be a terrible DoF.

It's a role almost perfectly unsuited to his skills. Warnock's transfer record was err, patchy at best. He did well signing his trusted old mates Hill, Derry and Kenny, and Mackie was certainly a great buy. Adel too of course. But his signings in summer 2011 were atrocious - don't believe the bs about him 'only having a few days so was stuck with the scraps'. I'm inclined to go with Dave McIntyre's take on this, who said at the time and has maintained ever since that Warnock actually wanted all that dross.

Can anyone really see Neil Warnock making an imaginative signing like Chery? Or Faurlin, even?

Warnock's strengths are in man management (ie Adel; before he inexplicably let the hugely inferior Barton start swaggering about), team spirit and in sorting out a really good plan A, or at least getting Curley to sort it on the training ground (Warnock was always a bit rubbish at in-game management and adapting to a plan B, I can hardly ever remember him making a really good unexpected sub). The DoF does none of this, and you wouldn't want him to. That's not what they're for.

For Warnock to do a good job at DoF he'd have to be butting in where he shouldn't. Like apparently going over Ramsey's head to have a go at the players at half time the other night. Yeah we can accept it as a one off when the manager was already really unpopular, but what if he tried that stunt when a Pearson or Warburton or whoever was supposedly giving the team talk?

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
                      I agree with your point, there was not much time or planning that went into that transfer window. It was short term planning with no long term goal, just very expensive fire fighting that we have paid for over the last few years.

Don't get me wrong, I love Warnock for what he did and what he brought to the club that promotion season was a massive high with some great football being played to boot and for that we have only Warnock and Amit, for going and getting him, to thank. The point is though to appoint Warnock again it would only be until the end of the season, and then what? He is 66 years old, he is not going to be interested in planning for the next 5 years, building an academy.

It is the logic behind having a DoF, you have cohesion and consistency. You have one person who is a constant and you are able to seamlessly move between managers as you have a culture that is dictated from the top and fed down. Look at Southampton or Swansea, they can change manager as much as they like but it has no effect on how they play and how they succeed, they do not get rid of 18 players and sign up another 22 every summer. That is the point of a DoF and that is the model we should be striving towards unless the board want to write off another £180m in 5 years time.
                      Preach!

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                        Warnock would be a terrible DoF.

It's a role almost perfectly unsuited to his skills. Warnock's transfer record was err, patchy at best. He did well signing his trusted old mates Hill, Derry and Kenny, and Mackie was certainly a great buy. Adel too of course. But his signings in summer 2011 were atrocious - don't believe the bs about him 'only having a few days so was stuck with the scraps'. I'm inclined to go with Dave McIntyre's take on this, who said at the time and has maintained ever since that Warnock actually wanted all that dross.

Can anyone really see Neil Warnock making an imaginative signing like Chery? Or Faurlin, even?

Warnock's strengths are in man management (ie Adel; before he inexplicably let the hugely inferior Barton start swaggering about), team spirit and in sorting out a really good plan A, or at least getting Curley to sort it on the training ground (Warnock was always a bit rubbish at in-game management and adapting to a plan B, I can hardly ever remember him making a really good unexpected sub). The DoF does none of this, and you wouldn't want him to. That's not what they're for.

For Warnock to do a good job at DoF he'd have to be butting in where he shouldn't. Like apparently going over Ramsey's head to have a go at the players at half time the other night. Yeah we can accept it as a one off when the manager was already really unpopular, but what if he tried that stunt when a Pearson or Warburton or whoever was supposedly giving the team talk?
                        alright dave mac

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                          Because he was made DOF and his remit was to deal with all things football off the pitch, and when Harry went it was his remit to go and find the new manager, and he did he gave Ramsey the job
                          And if you. Have the opportunity to ask him he would tell you it was his recommendation,i that got Ramsey the job,
                          His recommendation I can accept that but he never employed him that was decision of the board. That's two different things mate

Comment

His recommendation I can accept that but he never employed him that was decision of the board. That's two different things mate
                            Les was the key to Ramsey's appointment, if you can't recognise that you're in denial. I've never had much belief in his suitability as a DoF but going for Warnock isn't going to solve any of our problems in the long term.

It's disappointing to see two guys who gave a lot to the club in past putting their own gain before the club's.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                              Les was the key to Ramsey's appointment, if you can't recognise that you're in denial. I've never had much belief in his suitability as a DoF but going for Warnock isn't going to solve any of our problems in the long term.

It's disappointing to see two guys who gave a lot to the club in past putting their own gain before the club's.
                              No read what I said i accept he recommended or was key however you want to badge it but did HE employ him???

Comment

Irrespective of whether it is or not, IMO that isn't a reason to want someone's head. Ramsey isn't even the worst we've had here in the last 20 years and people (58) still wants Les' head for that. Get over it, everyone makes mistakes. Sir Alex brought Kleberson and Eric Djemba Djemba, doesn't mean that we should #### him off. He also brought Moyes in and that didn't work out, yet you don't see people slagging him off for that.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X