"QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I recall at his appointment him talking about getting some financial or business degree or something of the sort that made him a better DOF, especially given that he is also a knowledgeable football man.
    But as you may have mentioned, if not others. Being a businessman and being a businessman in football are two different things.Neil is as well equipped as Les to be a dof imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
      I don't think anyone truly believed that Stan, Ramsey would have never brought in someone like that imo
      Exactly
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        But as you may have mentioned, if not others. Being a businessman and being a businessman in football are two different things.Neil is as well equipped as Les to be a dof imo
        How? Les has been a top top football player and a very good coach, so he has the footballing background sorted. Add the business background which Neil doesn't have and you already see that Les is better equipped.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Exactly
          This
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Brilliant signing brilliant signings , 2 might fall into that category with time , but how many steamers or stop gaps

Comment

How? Les has been a top top football player and a very good coach, so he has the footballing background sorted. Add the business background which Neil doesn't have and you already see that Les is better equipped.
              I think ...I know football isn't like any other business nass. Neil knows the football industry by time served if you like. Neil can deal with agents just the same.
              Has a good eye for a player, and knows people's worth, which seems to be a very large part of football

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                What job Matty full time manager , manager while the club look further afield to make the right appointment or DOF , most posters want Pearson if he was appointed who would he work with better Warnock or Ferdinand ? , now before Stato gets on my case this is a question
                I meant full time. All for him in the short term and aiding recruitment of new gaffer, but I wouldn't want him for the rest of the season.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I'm with Nas on this one, not because I don't like Warnock or think he could do a better job than Les because I do.... But Les has brought these players in over the summer and some of them look like they could be class (Luongo, Hall and Chery primarily). Think we need to keep the continuity at the top and get these players to blend and improve. Warnock coming in would see another massive overhaul and I'm not sure that's the best think for us right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
                    I struggle to understand why we would go for Warnock. It is such a short term solution which will not benefit us in any way as far as balance and infrastructure are concerned. We need someone to build a squad and an infrastructure that can support us in the prem, not just get us there only to throw everyone away and start all over again in the summer.
                    This 100%

Comment

And lets then go and ignore all the brilliant signings he made over the summer.
                      Really WHO
                      I dont see anyone pulling up trees Chery hit and miss? Luongo looks descent wouldnt say Brilliant? Gladwin out on loan? Jet only time will tell? a Goalkeeper who cant get a 30odd has been keeper out of the team, oh and that brilliant German, Konchesky would rather have Yun,
                      oh and I forgot that world beater Perch.
                      so they're his brilliant signings,
                      WELL REALLY

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        Really WHO
                        I dont see anyone pulling up trees Chery hit and miss? Luongo looks descent wouldnt say Brilliant? Gladwin out on loan? Jet only time will tell? a Goalkeeper who cant get a 30odd has been keeper out of the team, oh and that brilliant German, Konchesky would rather have Yun,
                        WELL REALLY
                        Would hate to have your life 58 everything is do bleak in it mate lighten up buddy your decent poster when you come out the shadows

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                          Really WHO
                          WELL REALLY
                          the only argument people have for JET is what you've said and the only reason they say that is because he's proven everyone wrong. JET is class, Luongo has huge potential. Chery is a genius when he hits his stride, Gladwin is a very intelligent piece of business when you look at the details and he could be a big long term asset. I also love how you totally ignore the player everyone agrees is the best of the lot so far, in Grant Hall. But yea, lay into the others for no reason. You are legit the epitome of negativity at this club.

Also you forget a very big decision he made which was something a lot of people were split on. The extention of Ale Faurlin, something which takes a lot of guts to do, especially given what happened.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

First time I've ever come across a "power struggle" between a "director" and a "temp".

Comment

I'm not unhappy with some of the signings.......but 58 has a point. If they were brilliant we wouldn't be 13th and just sacked the manager they came to work under.
                              Thing is did CR sign them or Les?

Comment

the only argument people have for JET is what you've said and the only reason they say that is because he's proven everyone wrong. JET is class, Luongo has huge potential. Chery is a genius when he hits his stride, Gladwin is a very intelligent piece of business when you look at the details and he could be a big long term asset. I also love how you totally ignore the player everyone agrees is the best of the lot so far, in Grant Hall. But yea, lay into the others for no reason. You are legit the epitome of negativity at this club.

Also you forget a very big decision he made which was something a lot of people were split on. The extention of Ale Faurlin, something which takes a lot of guts to do, especially given what happened.
                                I love negativity ?, but Nas you really need to get your head out of that stat book and watch the games my friend
                                On the players you've quoted potential this is nothing if it doesn't come through, and their are plenty who've never fulfilled it. your saying they are brilliant signings but sorry none of them have been awesome or that consistent so far ( I'm sure you'll have a stat to say they are)4 and that's my friend Is when I would say they were Brilliant
                                Even Hall has been hit and miss but last 2 games good but surely not brilliant,as for Ale Faurlin who once again I wouldn't say has ever fulfilled his potential due to major injuries and is a fantastic talent I agree that they should've resigned him but on a pay as you play deal. with the 3 major injuries he's had he's a gamble, and let's see he stays injury free for I'd love him to come through because if he plays regular ( which Ramsey didn't do and if you read his interview he wasn't injured)it means we will have a top class player,

Comment

Working...
                                X