Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Tony Fernandes has to take a lot of the blame
Collapse
X
-
Haha ok I should say that generally, these signings were a good signal of growth. With Park, no one predicted him to lose a lung in signing for us and to be honest, that's all he had going for him before haha."What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment
-
I'm talking about signings - Austin, to a degree phillips, Cisse (kept us up almost single handedly), Remy (Profit made on him was very good), Nelsen (We'd have stayed up I reckon if he'd stayed), Dunne (2 years of good defending), Ravel (brilliant while he was here), O'neil even (That red card will live in our minds as the big sacrifice that got us up into the prem)."What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment
-
Briatore also came up with a lot of cr ap to be honest. Doesn't really help his case in terms of credibility imo but he is right to a degree here, still think its not 100 percent accurate statement though."What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment
-
"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment
-
Agree with this, 3 year deal was just daft. 1 year deal and if extended based on position.I don't think that giving Ramsey a chance was a mistake Nasser, based on his reputation as a top class coach. And I can even grasp the logic of giving him a chance with his own players.
But what you don't do is go around handing out 3 year contracts to people who have shown absolutely nothing to warrant it. And when it is so very clear that your hopes were wildly out of step with what you are getting, then steps must be taken as soon as possible to put it right. Not the time for procrastination.
TF and his board will soon start to get the grief directed very obviously at them and deservedly so. And I suspect that then and only then will they decide things are sufficiently uncomfortable to act.Comment
-
Your very easily pleased Nas, out of all that dross the last 4/5 season you have managed to pick them bones out of it. Put it this way.. That top businessman got burnt with MH, didn't learn his lesson, got burnt again with HR and to an certain extent getting duped into hiring two novices in LF and CR. I'm not saying it's completely TF fault but he has to take a portion of the blameI'm talking about signings - Austin, to a degree phillips, Cisse (kept us up almost single handedly), Remy (Profit made on him was very good), Nelsen (We'd have stayed up I reckon if he'd stayed), Dunne (2 years of good defending), Ravel (brilliant while he was here), O'neil even (That red card will live in our minds as the big sacrifice that got us up into the prem).C'Mon You Supaaaa!!Comment
-
Another defeat and another bash TF thread and the usual suspects are posting like mad.
Does TF sit in the dugout? Does he coach? Does he select the team and tactics?
The board got two respected managers and funded their plans. The club has never had so much money to spend on players. Unfortunately, who knew both would get it so wrong?
I can't accept TF is mainly to blame. We spend a fortune on so-called managers and players, and they haven't done the business. They're the ones that lose games, not TF.
And if anyone thinks he's still to blame, who chose the likes of Bosingwa, SWP, and Caulker for the team? Who asked TF to sign them? Those players didn't do what was expected of them. But never mind, blame the easy target for that and not the real culprits, the managers and players.Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.Comment
-
the jury is still out on who tony did and did not sign. pretty much all agree he had a hand in park, barton, suk yun, and even swp. not to mention the fact that toare was/still is his "personal project"Another defeat and another bash TF thread and the usual suspects are posting like mad.
Does TF sit in the dugout? Does he coach? Does he select the team and tactics?
The board got two respected managers and funded their plans. The club has never had so much money to spend on players. Unfortunately, who knew both would get it so wrong?
I can't accept TF is mainly to blame. We spend a fortune on so-called managers and players, and they haven't done the business. They're the ones that lose games, not TF.
And if anyone thinks he's still to blame, who chose the likes of Bosingwa, SWP, and Caulker for the team? Who asked TF to sign them? Those players didn't do what was expected of them. But never mind, blame the easy target for that and not the real culprits, the managers and players.
add to that signing phil my beard, pig, redcrapp, twoddle, resurrecting after sacking the toss er that is warnkock and now coach ramshyte, les turdinand, along with andy sinton as chief handshaker.
now, add to that two relegations, a turnover of close to 100 players in 4 years, 200 mil debt and stuck with karl farking henry in the starting 11 every week. yep, i hold him fully accountable.
if it was not for the legend clint who subsituted himself, we would not have even got promoted.nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐Comment
-
NNor do I. We were top every week when we were promoted under Warnock and we all had realistic expectations until he was binned and we started buying big paying silly wages. Warnock had a reputation of not being able to handle the top league - maybe he could have got fourth from bottom, we'll never know, but I don't remember calls for him to go.I dont recall there being a massive call for NWs head. No way near as bad as CR at present, or Harry, or Hughes.
Yes on paper certainly Redknapp seemed a good appointment based on his achievements at Spurs, but did Tony ever have an interview process? See if their heart is in the job?
Not every failure is blatent from the getgo, but the fact that he has got everyone wrong, while the previous regime got the majority right speaks volumesComment
-
-
However you look at it, by objective standards TF has overseen some highly questionable appointments.
The best you can say is that project QPR has been a massive learning curve for him. This time he really has to get it right - there were some realistic and talented managers available who were overlooked in favour Ramsey, who had no management experience and was dropped in very deep water, suddenly finding himself in charge of an EPL outfit.
The buck stops with Tone.Comment
-
Most were very happy when Mark Hughes and then Harry were appointed, he has been very naive sometimes in what he has said but he is like a fan rather than a chairman , i tell you what not many Chairman right off personal debt like he has done, and if he was to leave this club would do a Portsmouth very very quickly, because the Mittals have no interest in losing money , hound this chairman out and its administration within 6 months , league two within 2/3 seasons.All three of the managers he has hired - Mark Hughes, Harry, Ramsey while sacking our most successful manager in years have shown his incompetence. Sanctioned deals on big contracts for some truly mediocre players.
All the stick given to the previous regime but they got it right more often than not with managerial selection (Gigi, neil, magilton) and players purchased ( record signing at the time Faurlin, taarabt, Hill, Derry, Mackie to name a few)
Watching the Brentford support and theyre passion for the players left me hankering for the old days of Birch, Gallen, Lee Cook all wearing the shirt with pride.
Has the money spoilt us?Comment
Comment