Where Fer Art Thou?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Fer Art Thou?

Leroy Fer remains one of the biggest names on the roster, with international credibility and past ability. The issue now is whether or not we're seeing the same Leroy Fer, post-injury. IMHO, he seems less aggressive, his rocket shot is rarely in evidence, and his fitness remains a question.

Believe we should start JET AND Charlie when the latter is healthy, backing JET more into a defensive center forward/striker role, flanked by the speed of Chery and Phillips.

Thoughts?

Needs a run of games to get back in the swing of it. I have no doubt he will be one of our best players this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      Leroy Fer remains one of the biggest names on the roster, with international credibility and past ability. The issue now is whether or not we're seeing the same Leroy Fer, post-injury. IMHO, he seems less aggressive, his rocket shot is rarely in evidence, and his fitness remains a question.

Believe we should start JET AND Charlie when the latter is healthy, backing JET more into a defensive center forward/striker role, flanked by the speed of Chery and Phillips.

Thoughts?
      Disagree, we've seen him start once and to say he is a different player when that one start when he actually scored on it, no matter where the goal was from is harsh. His rocket hasn't been in evidence because he hasn't had opportunities. He's had a big enough impact in the games he's played for me to believe that he is still the same player. Watching him play, he still runs for the ball, still dribbles like he used to so I must be seeing something different but I think he is absolutely still our most talented player.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Eh? In the few minutes he's has since injury he's looked every bit as good as he did previously? Strange post IMO.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Thought he had looked better then he did last season

Comment

Big interview today swearing his love for the club and was only going on loan to Sunderland. Also saying he's 100% fully fit and raring to get us going. A must starter along with Sandro every time for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Big interview today swearing his love for the club and was only going on loan to Sunderland. Also saying he's 100% fully fit and raring to get us going. A must starter along with Sandro every time for me.
              This.

Comment

Thoughts?
                Hasn't had enough minutes to compare with last season at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Bang on

Comment

So if we start Fer in the 10 spot, flanked by Chery and Phillips, does that mean we diss the idea of a two striker front with Charlie and JET? Or do we revert to one central defender (Sandro) versus two.

Comment

4312?.....433?...118 118, oh hang on that's an advert!!!...

Comment

So if we start Fer in the 10 spot, flanked by Chery and Phillips, does that mean we diss the idea of a two striker front with Charlie and JET? Or do we revert to one central defender (Sandro) versus two.
                        For me Sandro, Fer and Charlie are the three players you build the team around. We need two defensive midfielders because our defence is so poor so my team is: Sandro and one of Faurlin, Toszer or Luongo in the defensive roles, Chery and Philips out wide either side of Fer and Charlie up front. JET challenges either Chery or Philips for a place as an inside left or inside right just behind the striker or to replace Charlie when he is injured/ unfit. And probably lots of sub appearances. Yes might be harsh on JET after his brilliant form but all successful clubs have an Ole Gunner Soljskar player, that is a striker who doesn't start every game but is a game-changer to come off the bench or to replace a player who is out of form. Sign of an improving squad that we are struggling to fit good players into the mix.

Comment

Working...
                        X