Formation 4-6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    Its funny how so many people can look at the same video and see different things. I must admit, sometimes I look at it and think the ball did not change direction and other times I see it clearly change direction!

For me the key fact is that the striker is running forward towards the left of the goal and by pushing the ball forward he would have headed towards goal in that direction. Yet the ball ends up going across the face of the goal, in the exact direction of Clint's tackle.
    That aside though, Clint tugs his foot down - nailed on foul IMO.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Although it looks like a foul to me it is still too close to call in slow-mo therefore correct decision by the ref...end of

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Totally agree Matty, it is 100% a foul as I said earlier. I was just talking about whether Clint got a touch on the ball, which is actually irrelevant in deciding whether it was a foul.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Put yourself in Clint's position for a moment.

You've just made a last ditch attempt at winning the ball and are still in the process of going to ground. The bloke you tackled took off at a rather wierd angle (based upon the fact that he flies upwards, far more than the minimal contact would cause him to). Are you really not only thinking that quickly, but managing to make the decision to and perform the act of catching his boot?

If the blokes knee had hit Clint in the face, someone will be saying that he tripped him with his head next.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

You've just made a last ditch attempt at winning the ball and are still in the process of going to ground. The bloke you tackled took off at a rather wierd angle (based upon the fact that he flies upwards, far more than the minimal contact would cause him to). Are you really not only thinking that quickly, but managing to make the decision to and perform the act of catching his boot?

If the blokes knee had hit Clint in the face, someone will be saying that he tripped him with his head next.
            Exactly Brighton.....what do people want on this board

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

The touch on ball is debatable the grab at the foot is intentional from my viewing and even more intentional slowed down. He knew what he was doing but as and old pro that's the experience you build up. He took a chance and it paid off so well done to him

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                The touch on ball is debatable the grab at the foot is intentional from my viewing and even more intentional slowed down. He knew what he was doing but as and old pro that's the experience you build up. He took a chance and it paid off so well done to him
                Exactly West. Those of us who say it was a foul aren't knocking Clint for doing it!
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• He kicked Clint's hand

Comment

• My opinion is that he's gone there with a tackle and obviously balancing with his two hands. Yes he knows intrinsically that this guy can't get past but the guy brings his foot all the way up into his hand as he is bringing it down to his side. He's not exactly able to do anything else to be honest. For me, that still isn't a red.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      My opinion is that he's gone there with a tackle and obviously balancing with his two hands. Yes he knows intrinsically that this guy can't get past but the guy brings his foot all the way up into his hand as he is bringing it down to his side. He's not exactly able to do anything else to be honest. For me, that still isn't a red.
                      If it was the other way and Fer going through would you want a foul?

Comment

If it was the other way and Fer going through would you want a foul?
                        I would want it naturally, not saying they wouldn't want it the wednesday fans, but I don't think it is a foul. Look at the way his body moves, he's trying to bring his arm down to the side and the guy's foot gets caught.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          I would want it naturally, not saying they wouldn't want it the wednesday fans, but I don't think it is a foul. Look at the way his body moves, he's trying to bring his arm down to the side and the guy's foot gets caught.
                          So if it's not a foul why would you want it

Comment

So if it's not a foul why would you want it
                            Because that is assuming I was a wednesday fan. Naturally a close call, you'd want it to go your way. But in this case, it could have gone either way but I think that by the book it would have been a very harsh foul on further viewing.

Comment

• Nas are you a Buddha as your one of the most placid non confrontational individuals I have ever encountered

I know I often snap at you but I'm trying to make effort to live in your world, I have to be honest I'm struggling, and see things from your perspective under the guise of positivity but come on there must be times when you look on the pitch and think 'you bunch of S hit kants'

Comment

Nas are you a Buddha as your one of the most placid non confrontational individuals I have ever encountered

I know I often snap at you but I'm trying to make effort to live in your world, I have to be honest I'm struggling, and see things from your perspective under the guise of positivity but come on there must be times when you look on the pitch and think 'you bunch of S hit kants'
                                Not really, I get pissed at matches. I think this must be the 25th time I've said that here. I just don't see the point being angry after the match. Positivity is more valuable an asset. Belief does more than fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X