X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
    Oh dear

Comment

nice to see that Dave, Jimmy and stan are in the room when TF and Les discuss managers. Let us know their future conversations

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Never said that there was anything wrong with criticising the defensive record if there was due praise for the offensive record.
        Don't think this is quite right. That assumes that a goal difference of effectively zero - so every goal you score is cancelled by one you concede - is acceptable. If you were Rotherham it would be, but not if you have a £40m odd squad at your disposal. You could put Graham Taylor in charge of this team and Austin, Philips, Chery etc would score goals. The challenge was always going to be how to strengthen the defence as we haven't had a really commanding defender since Ryan Nelson left and Clint Hill got too old. Yet he waited till last knockings to bring in defenders who, if you were being generous, you would say were a work in progress. I don't mind a few problems but what worries me is that I don't see any progress. My model for promotion is how we achieved it under Warnock and as well as having an outstanding attacking talent in Adel we had Connolly and Kaspers at the back who were as solid as oak. That gave confidence to the entire team. Every manager says build from the back, it is so well known that it has become a cliche, yet Ramsey has failed to do so. Some of the goals we have conceded have been comical, and point to poor training imho. So for this reason I am not going to give him much credit for scoring goals when given our complete failure to defend I would expect nothing less with the resources at his disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Don't think this is quite right. That assumes that a goal difference of effectively zero - so every goal you score is cancelled by one you concede - is acceptable. If you were Rotherham it would be, but not if you have a £40m odd squad at your disposal. You could put Graham Taylor in charge of this team and Austin, Philips, Chery etc would score goals. The challenge was always going to be how to strengthen the defence as we haven't had a really commanding defender since Ryan Nelson left and Clint Hill got too old. Yet he waited till last knockings to bring in defenders who, if you were being generous, you would say were a work in progress. I don't mind a few problems but what worries me is that I don't see any progress. My model for promotion is how we achieved it under Warnock and as well as having an outstanding attacking talent in Adel we had Connolly and Kaspers at the back who were as solid as oak. That gave confidence to the entire team. Every manager says build from the back, it is so well known that it has become a cliche, yet Ramsey has failed to do so. Some of the goals we have conceded have been comical, and point to poor training imho. So for this reason I am not going to give him much credit for scoring goals when given our complete failure to defend I would expect nothing less with the resources at his disposal.
          who is this graham taylor chap that you mention?

i presume it's not the one who:

- in his first job at lincoln (taken whilst still in his 20s) he broke the division 4 records for most wins in a season, fewest defeats and most points
          - took watford from division 4 to division 1 in 5 seasons and finished 2nd in the top division once he'd taken them there (season included an 8-0 victory - still watford's best ever win)
          - got villa back into the top flight at the first time of asking and delivered another 2nd place finish in the top division
          - but wasn't so great at managing england or wolves

Comment

As many of us thought, consolidation is rubbish and always was the second Charlie, fer and Sandro were not sold. Les has said and now Tony has come out today on twitter and said it. Now it's up to everyone to sort this out. The Rs are going up.

Comment

Oh and is anyone on here still chatting about relegation? Just interested?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Never said that there was anything wrong with criticising the defensive record if there was due praise for the offensive record.
                Why do you assume I was referring to you??? Ultra ego

Comment

Judas kiss. Soon gone.

Comment

And so, like a broken record, we are back to talking about our goal-conceding defense. Whatever got us here, we now have three options: (1) blame Ramsey, can him because of it, and bring in a top notch manager; (2) blame Ramsey, and force Ramsey to bring in a top notch defensive assistant who can school the defense we do have; defensive tactics and formations clearly not in Ramsey's sweat spot; (3) field a better defensive squad -- play Yun, Kpekewa, shift Onouha to Perch's spot, play Hill in spots

Comment

I really think the constant changing of the back four will end up his undoing , i know we are a work in progress but we really need to stick with the same back 4 , give it chance to work , injuries permitting of course.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                        I really think the constant changing of the back four will end up his undoing , i know we are a work in progress but we really need to stick with the same back 4 , give it chance to work , injuries permitting of course.
                        Trouble is there hasn't been a stand out performer within the back 4 all have shown vulnerability at various times. We are missing the Richard Dunne type character who the rest are then built around but Hall, Nedum, Angello have not made the position their own. Agreed though we need to make a decision and stick with it.

Comment

Main problems as I see is are that we need full backs that can get down the lines to support the attacks and we need midfielders who can bolster the defence / press the opposition when we are under attack.

Yun and Sandro will help sort some of this out but we need a much better RB and midfielders who will put a real shift in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Main problems as I see is are that we need full backs that can get down the lines to support the attacks and we need midfielders who can bolster the defence / press the opposition when we are under attack.

Yun and Sandro will help sort some of this out but we need a much better RB and midfielders who will put a real shift in.

We also need a decent keeper.

Think most of us can agree now that Green is past it.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Why do you assume I was referring to you??? Ultra ego
                              I'm saying as someone who falls into the category you stated, my personal position. Calling me the ego.

You said Some Posters, don't act like you don't think I'm one of them haha.
                              Last edited by nasser95; 16-10-2015, 07:06 PM. Reason: Misspelling lead to miscommunication
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                                Obviously fan boy above doesn't know the job of a DOF.
                                So you think our DOF had no say who got the job? Well I can assure you he did and he was employed on his recommendation, and your deluded if you think he didnt

Comment

Working...
                                X