Denmark
    Norway
    Estonia
    Finland
    Germany
    Greece
    United States
    Australia

In fact not one African country makes it into the top 10 so your argument is pure codswallop
    Your logic is codswallop! I'm talking about SHORT races, not TALL ones! The only way to debunk my argument is to prove that SHORT races ARE properly represented in the NBA. (In other words, I'm not saying the NBA is racist FOR tall people, I'm saying it is racist AGAINST short people - and that is not the same thing. In other words, they don't necessary INCLUDE the tallest races but they do EXCLUDE the shortest ones.)

Or to say that there is another reason that short people are under represened, which is of course the case, as I said in my previous post.
    Last edited by dsqpr; 14-09-2015, 10:14 PM.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Height and race are two separate issues even you can see that,,, you are hue that small races being unfepresented is racist and yet clearly shorter players cannot slam dunk.. It clearly isn't the same argument as football

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        Height and race are two separate issues even you can see that,,, you are hue that small races being unfepresented is racist and yet clearly shorter players cannot slam dunk.. It clearly isn't the same argument as football
        But race and height are CORRELATED! That is the key point. It is an argument that is used often - for example, it is the reason women don't have to pass the same tests as men to become soldiers or policemen, for example - because there is a CORRELATION between gender and strength. Surely even you can see that.

Smaller players and basketball is a pretty obvious example which is why I used it. In football, the issues may be much more subtle. But nevertheless, there may be genetic reasons why some races are better players and/or better managers than other races and THAT may be the reason those races are statistically over represented in football.
        Last edited by dsqpr; 14-09-2015, 10:22 PM.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

ds, the issue with your argument is that short players are not represented because they aren't of the right build to play that sport. Despite that, what you see is that there are a few extremely talented individuals who are significantly shorter than most in the league and they make it because their inherent ability makes their height a limited factor. The difference between basketball and football is that the element of height actually has an effect on the quality of players. There is a correlation between performance and height in general. Discrimination isn't what its called because the quality of the player is affected by their height (In general). There is absolutely no correlation however between race and managerial skill in football. There isn't even enough data to prove that white managers are better than black managers or vice versa because there haven't been a significant amount of black managers within the sport (certainly in the UK) to get enough data to validate the information.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

glad i'm not in this debate its gone right over my head .... keep it simple

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              glad i'm not in this debate its gone right over my head .... keep it simple
              One or two trying to be clever 72.....

Question should be is how many English,.. not British..... English, managers are working in the Prem...don't see any hand wringers calling for quotas there

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Question should be is how many English,.. not British..... English, managers are working in the Prem...don't see any hand wringers calling for quotas there
                WHU v. Newcastle Dave, 3 English players, majority African, the game was shite
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Black people have no problem becoming players. No one stops them. They should have no problem becoming managers. No one stops them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Black people have no problem becoming players. No one stops them. They should have no problem becoming managers. No one stops them.
                    This is absolutely untrue. The whole argument is that there is institutional racism that stops them getting roles beyond being a player.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

What would there be to complain about Dave, without it appearing a ridiculous argument?

Think you've summed it up rather well.

Genuinely cannot think of a single chairman that would not want to employ a successful black manager. Although if I were a chairman, being successful, honest, hard working etc., would be pre-requisites of employing someone. I can safely say that the colour of their skin would not play even the tiniest part in the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        What would there be to complain about Dave, without it appearing a ridiculous argument?

Think you've summed it up rather well.

Genuinely cannot think of a single chairman that would not want to employ a successful black manager. Although if I were a chairman, being successful, honest, hard working etc., would be pre-requisites of employing someone. I can safely say that the colour of their skin would not play even the tiniest part in the decision.
                        This is true but the issue is that they don't get the opportunity to prove themselves. Hence, they don't get a chance to really become 'successful' and gain the pre-requisites needed.

Comment

Not sure where I lie in regards to the Rooney rule but some interesting points being made... And some rather strange ones too

Comment

Interesting that you mentioned players and once again I refer to soccernomics as there used to be inherent racism in the playing staff.. Everton being a prime example of an almost exclusively white team, economics eventually changed that as it was cheaper to pick up black players relatively cheaply compared to their white counterparts .. Over time more black players were signed due to their price and eventually the status quo regards costs and wages was restored. As per my previous post this is not so easily and readily tested with managers as it was with players and thus the racism (however unintentional) exists today,

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Ok, so as you're now broadening it out, for argument's sake let us assume an organisation is institutionally racist (any organisation, not just a footballing body). How would you then tackle that problem (which is what Rooney's Rule is attempting to achieve)?
                              Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                              With education.
                              Education alone...with no legislation of any sort? Do you honestly think that's realistic?

Comment

Just caught a glimpse of "race and height" in the thread..time for Dr. Mengele.

Comment

Working...
                                X