• Show
Clear All

i think

I think that he might stay now
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      No no, I'm just saying if no one comes in for him now, and come december we are looking very likely to go up (with him in the team, I wouldn't be surprised to see us right up there); I don't know why he wouldn't sign a contract extension with a non-promotion release clause of 15mil
      For the same reason he has turned down countless contract offers already, including when we were still in the prem. a) he doesn't want to play in the champ so why tie himself down when a prem club might get desperate at xmas and b) because he will get a nice juicy signing on fee as a free agent, worth several million, which is way more than the value of any contract we will be offering him. Apart from that, all good.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Yeah i think we do.. Whats the rush to get back to the Prem? When a club comes down they have the issues with contracts of the players not just the revenue. The difference in champ wages to prem is vast and i bet the wages account sheet looks all over the place at the moment!
        To keep yo yo-ing is no good for any club. We need to relax this season, get the stable footing in place so that we can build a club ready to STAY in the premier league next time we get there.
        Everyone is talking about stability which i get but why cant we get stability in the prem. We r deffinantly capabe of it in all areas and i could imagine that if we were to go back up Ramsey and Les would have a bit more money to spend and instead of buying ferdinand they would focus on buying people like fer.

Comment

Nobody knows what the plan is.

Financial prudence; Exit strategy; Survival in the Championship; Building strength for an eventual promotion push; Bounce back first time.....etc

Whatever is going on is not obvious and that leads to the rollercoaster of emotions ...6-0 to Wolves - 6-0 win against Rotherham.

Looks like a 'make it up as you go along' strategy with fingers crossed.

Hoping that the Wolves result is an indicator of a top 6 push and not a blip in line with the first two results.

The fact that the club has not said Austin and Phillips are staying, speaks volumes. They want to sell them (crying shame).

I don't think we will spend much in the way of reinvestment because the owners have 'burnt fingers'. I think they are missing a trick because we have the foundations of a competitive squad and we don't need to be poundland or Manchester City to get back up quickly and be more competitive.

No-one has stated what our goal is as a club going forward. If I knew that; I would have a different set of expectations.

My take on where we are is "Go Poundland' from the board and 'Ramsey is our getout' Either way they win.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Financial prudence; Exit strategy; Survival in the Championship; Building strength for an eventual promotion push; Bounce back first time.....etc

Whatever is going on is not obvious and that leads to the rollercoaster of emotions ...6-0 to Wolves - 6-0 win against Rotherham.

Hoping that the Wolves result is an indicator of a top 6 push and not a blip in line with the first two results.

The fact that the club has not said Austin and Phillips are staying, speaks volumes. They want to sell them (crying shame).

I don't think we will spend much in the way of reinvestment because the owners have 'burnt fingers'. I think they are missing a trick because we have the foundations of a competitive squad and we don't need to be poundland or Manchester City to get back up quickly and be more competitive.

No-one has stated what our goal is as a club going forward. If I knew that; I would have a different set of expectations.

My take on where we are is "Go Poundland' from the board and 'Ramsey is our getout' Either way they win.
            Acricketer ... Think that about sums it up .. Why are we disclosing values and availability of players such as Austin and Phillips .... Keep our cards close to our chest and if some ridiculous offer came in consider it then ... Putting values on these players hasn't helped the situation and if anything would have unsettled the players further ... Phillips definitely needs to stay and if Austin were to be sold a decent replacement would be needed ... Not harrods or pound land but more like Waitrose
            Last edited by skranger; 21-08-2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I think we are trying top demonstrate prudence before the FFP fine is agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

You only have to listen to the last few new signings to find out what the clubs plans are, all mention a promotion push.

CR and Les say the opposite, quite rightly to play down expectations but make no mistake, promotion is the aim this season!
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Yeah i think we do.. Whats the rush to get back to the Prem? When a club comes down they have the issues with contracts of the players not just the revenue. The difference in champ wages to prem is vast and i bet the wages account sheet looks all over the place at the moment!
                  To keep yo yo-ing is no good for any club. We need to relax this season, get the stable footing in place so that we can build a club ready to STAY in the premier league next time we get there.

This is why I personally canīt see how its realistick unless he really, really wants to stay with us no matter what.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    [/B]

This is why I personally canīt see how its realistick unless he really, really wants to stay with us no matter what.
                    Same Shania.

On a separate note to a post above, we cannot stabilize IN the prem, its far too risky. Lets get a stable footing in the Champ with know how of, if we go up we only need to add one or two players.

Comment

Same Shania.

On a separate note to a post above, we cannot stabilize IN the prem, its far too risky. Lets get a stable footing in the Champ with know how of, if we go up we only need to add one or two players.

And amen to that. We cant repeat the same old mistakes again and again.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

the amount of ex players recommending their former clubs go in for Charlie is mind-boggling, even more weird is Charlie is still here
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Very surprised he is still here hope he stays till jan
                          R's

Comment

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

Working...
                            X