Could Charlie Stay after all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    We need to sort of look like we are going to get promoted though dont we? and judging by the words coming out the camp, consolidation is the aim this season.. meaning promotion isnt a must. Probably not the words Charlie wants to hear if we were trying to get him to stay!
    What's said to the public media and what's said behind closed doors ae, I imagine, very very different things.

I know for a fact that the year we won the playoffs, before the season started, Redknapp was very conifdent on us winning that legaue, yet to the media he was saying how we will be lucky to survive relegation.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      I told my brother I'd eat an actual sombrero if he stayed beyond the transfer window. I regret saying that now.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHFJ8oju9u0

Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        What's said to the public media and what's said behind closed doors ae, I imagine, very very different things.

I know for a fact that the year we won the playoffs, before the season started, Redknapp was very conifdent on us winning that legaue, yet to the media he was saying how we will be lucky to survive relegation.
        This time is totally different though what with the mass exodus of players... It will be extremely hard to mount a promotion charge, lets not get carried away with the win last night. A promotion team doesnt get beat 1st game away from home to a bog standard Charlton side or shed 6 goals in their first 3 opening games.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          If we look like we are going to get promoted
          What after 4 games of the season?

Comment

Do we not sort of what to cash in though? final year of his contract?....
            Never understand this logic if you can even call it that. I won't see any of that cash if we sell him. I want to see the best players possible playing for QPR which include Austin. I cannot see how anyone who watches QPR on the regular would want to sell him so the club benefit and get cash for him.

Comment

[QUOTE=lymehoop;1455157]wouldn't surprise me if United go for Kane, that would open the door for Charlie. /QUOTE]

United are putting all in to get Thomas Muller from Bayern,but if that fails they will go after Kane. If they offer 45-50 million for him i think they might sell and then go for Austin. It's beyond joke that we might then replace Charlie with Leon Best.

Comment

We need to sort of look like we are going to get promoted though dont we? and judging by the words coming out the camp, consolidation is the aim this season.. meaning promotion isnt a must. Probably not the words Charlie wants to hear if we were trying to get him to stay!
                Do we really need a season of consolidation though. We have gotten rid of a lot of the dead weight, vastly reduced our wage bill payed the 8mil and the team still looks very capable of finishing in a promotion spot. Add the likes of Sandro and Fer in and with a bit of luck we could find ourselves top 2 in January meaning Charlie might resign, never leave the club and potentially lead us to consolidation in the Premier League. Yeah this is extremly optimistic but we do have a good squad and if we remarkably keep all of matty, charlie ect a promotion challenge could be srs. Admitidly this probably wont happen but im confident if we were top at christmas Charlie would resign and lead us back up

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  What after 4 games of the season?
                  No no, I'm just saying if no one comes in for him now, and come december we are looking very likely to go up (with him in the team, I wouldn't be surprised to see us right up there); I don't know why he wouldn't sign a contract extension with a non-promotion release clause of 15mil
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                    Never understand this logic if you can even call it that. I won't see any of that cash if we sell him. I want to see the best players possible playing for QPR which include Austin. I cannot see how anyone who watches QPR on the regular would want to sell him so the club benefit and get cash for him.
                    Well thats your prerogative to not see two sides to every coin... But to break it down, the club will get the money to either reinvest in a couple of other quality players or they will get the money to bank it and try and get us back into the black onto a stable footing!

Comment

Originally posted by Is Dom Is Good View Post
                      Do we really need a season of consolidation though. We have gotten rid of a lot of the dead weight, vastly reduced our wage bill payed the 8mil and the team still looks very capable of finishing in a promotion spot. Add the likes of Sandro and Fer in and with a bit of luck we could find ourselves top 2 in January meaning Charlie might resign, never leave the club and potentially lead us to consolidation in the Premier League. Yeah this is extremly optimistic but we do have a good squad and if we remarkably keep all of matty, charlie ect a promotion challenge could be srs. Admitidly this probably wont happen but im confident if we were top at christmas Charlie would resign and lead us back up
                      Yeah i think we do.. Whats the rush to get back to the Prem? When a club comes down they have the issues with contracts of the players not just the revenue. The difference in champ wages to prem is vast and i bet the wages account sheet looks all over the place at the moment!
                      To keep yo yo-ing is no good for any club. We need to relax this season, get the stable footing in place so that we can build a club ready to STAY in the premier league next time we get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                        Of all the hats to choose Ginge.......schoolboy error.

If he's still with us in September then I shall be chewing gently on my 'action mans' stetson.....Though I tend to agree that he could well end up at West Brom.
                        Blatant over-confidence on my part mate. Squeaky bum time now.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                          Do you want some salt&pepper on standby ginger
                          Nah mate, I imagine it'll be a little dry, so ill go for sauce. Probably tabasco, keep it mexican and all that.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Can see Man United making a late move for him
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                              Do you want some salt&pepper on standby ginger
                              That hats gonna need Tommy k

Comment

Charlie (or more correctly, his lawyer) having a dig back on twitter.........

Comment

Working...
                                X