Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is driving the frugality that we are showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is driving the frugality that we are showing?

Which of the following is the reason(s) for us not spending and seemingly giving up on a return to the premiership?
    1. Tony and co no longer interested in the QPR dream?
    2. Are we trying to reduce the FFP fine or influence the court ruling by doing what we can to fit well within the FFP unfair rules?
    3. Are we collecting sales fees to pay the FFP fine?
    4. Is it learning from past mistakes and investing in youth instead of journeymen?
    5. Have we just accepted that the Premier League is a closed shop?

I got a feeling Fernandes is off soon, and he doesn't want to dish out anymore of his money. Plus we've got to be showing the FA that we are changing and trying to reduce our wage bill etc. Thats probably why we will only spend a little bit of cash when or if Austin, Fer, Phillips go.

Comment

6. We spent millions last year in the premership and are now in the championship and have sold one player for 3.5 million thus far.

Number 6 .

Comment

7. We are not being conned into buying OAP's looking for a rather large last pay day and then doing next to nothing to warrant the money.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

8 We are £200m in debt
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
            Which of the following is the reason(s) for us not spending and seemingly giving up on a return to the premiership?
            1. Tony and co no longer interested in the QPR dream?
            2. Are we trying to reduce the FFP fine or influence the court ruling by doing what we can to fit well within the FFP unfair rules?
            3. Are we collecting sales fees to pay the FFP fine?
            4. Is it learning from past mistakes and investing in youth instead of journeymen?
            5. Have we just accepted that the Premier League is a closed shop?
            I believe the board wrote off 60 million in debt earlier this year,now that debt is owed to someone ie any of their own
            individual circumstances.

It is interesting that as I understand it the parachute payments from the so called Premier league are 64 Million
            so one more or less cancels out the other and we become fairly solvent by the end of the parachute payments.

In the meantime we carry on as usual and what comes our way we will take,be it a promotion fight ,a relegation battle
            or mid table mediocrity.

Coupled together with the promise of attacking football and entertaining us fans for the first time in a few years
            this will be a good move.

Comment

2,3 and 4. And, don't think there is any money there.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Will we turn a profit this year on year?
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I would safely say the architects for the new training ground and new stadium av been given there p45.s it's just been a disaster for tony this journey trying to be a good chairman, fair play to him he tried his best has lost a small fortune but I think the novelty has worn off
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

Financial necessity. I'm sure Tony thought that with significant investment he could establish us as a PL team. With any luck he would have been right but unfortunately he didn't get any and the plan we followed was flawed. Obviously losing £70m per year is not sustainable so Tony has changed the approach. But I'm sure the goal remains the same although the path to get there is now different.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Think they've finally realised you need a state of the art training facility and bigger stadium to make the club profitable. Southampton and Swansea have shown how to do it.

Comment

SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

9. We are trying to make profits on whoever we sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                            9. We are trying to make profits on whoever we sell.
                            Oi thats not 9!!...... get your own number
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Oi thats not 9!!...... get your own number
                              10. soz dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X