Slightly Concerned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly Concerned

If we lose Fer ...Philips...Austin....Sandro....too which we will...

This leaves us without hardly any quality for the division.

Especially if we only focus on league 1 players etc

Does anyone else feel like this...

I want to be in the mix next year not bottom half.

Thoughts

The General

I think that once we have sold these players we will buy some proven Championship players or even a couple of PL players.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      If we lose Fer ...Philips...Austin....Sandro....too which we will...

This leaves us without hardly any quality for the division.

Especially if we only focus on league 1 players etc

Does anyone else feel like this...

I want to be in the mix next year not bottom half.

Thoughts

The General
      Yep thinking the same....we've gone from billionaires to bumpkins

Comment

the writing's been on the wall for a while. TF & co. going from one extreme to another

right now we need numbers , the squad is threadbare

Comment

No, not at all concerned.

We haven't lost any of them yet and I suspect without the various idiots in charge of our transfer policy, if and when we do they will be replaced with more quality.

There won't be a team with a better keeper than us in the Championship. Despite their limitations, Caulker and Onouha will be two of the best CB's in the division, with reliable Clint as back up. Some young energetic newbies in midfield with a desire to improve their game along with a decent left back for this league. Mackie and JET will cause problems for most Championship defences, so with a new right back, one real quality prolific striker to replace Charlie and replacements for the others you mentioned if they go, we are looking quite good. Can't wait for this season to start.

Lets not forget we still have Hoilett (as if we could), along with the youngsters like Doughty, Furlong and young Grego-Cox as different options too.

If you still feel concerned, please visit my Stan Bowles / Alzheimers thread and add to the numbers willing to bet £5 against my £100 that we will be at least top 6. A few more names will guarantee £100 to the charity.

Comment

In my eyes sandro won't be any loss, just hope we can salvage some off the dosh we brought him for
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Yes but these main players will go right at the start of the new season leaving us as usual with no time to find quality replacements with a panic buy situation as normally occurs,,
              We should not underestimate the quality in the championship ...it will be no walk in the park.
              Could be a real wake up call when the season starts I think.

Comment

Makes you wonder why they pay les so much money and all the other new people behind the scenes if they are just going to do exactly the same as we have always done

Comment

Kev, if's and an's & pots and pans. Personally don't think they'll all leave & we have to trust Les & co as bottom line is we have no option.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

We haven't lost any of them yet and I suspect without the various idiots in charge of our transfer policy, if and when we do they will be replaced with more quality.

There won't be a team with a better keeper than us in the Championship. Despite their limitations, Caulker and Onouha will be two of the best CB's in the division, with reliable Clint as back up. Some young energetic newbies in midfield with a desire to improve their game along with a decent left back for this league. Mackie and JET will cause problems for most Championship defences, so with a new right back, one real quality prolific striker to replace Charlie and replacements for the others you mentioned if they go, we are looking quite good. Can't wait for this season to start.

Lets not forget we still have Hoilett (as if we could), along with the youngsters like Doughty, Furlong and young Grego-Cox as different options too.

If you still feel concerned, please visit my Stan Bowles / Alzheimers thread and add to the numbers willing to bet £5 against my £100 that we will be at least top 6. A few more names will guarantee £100 to the charity.

Good post mate and completely agree with you...

Yes the three in question by the op are good quality players but they will be replaced.

Atm we just need concrete bids as I imagine we do have targets to replace the 3 above and also add to them but we are not pursuing them until we have the money in he bank.

Comment

Six weeks before first league match,pre season vital for a new squad.The later we leave our transfer business the harder it is to start on the front foot.

Comment

We'll go into the season without enough strikers. Its what we do.

Comment

Independent reporting we want to off load all high earners and that our new wage limit is 15/20k a week. If so cant see many big hitters coming. Its now about identifying young up and coming players. Big culture change which some seem reluctant to acknowledge. Personally i think this change is too extreme as suggested because you need a mix but perhaps tony has run out of cash?
                          Last edited by stainrodisalegend; 27-06-2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

15/20 k a week in the championship is big money I think people forget that. There aren't to many clubs paying that. I also think you can Have 2 or 3 exceptions to the rule who might be on 20-30 k ie strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Sounds quite easy when you put it like that Big Fella but this is Rangers we never do anything the easy way....

Comment

Working...
                              X