No announcement yet.

The Austin Auction begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I love him I would just rather he left for the right price ASAP so we can buy his replacement/s and move on as a club.
    I said a while back that we need to return to our roots of buying cheap and selling high so this seems like it should be a good deal for the club,
    there are loads of good players out there still, we just need to find them and bring them on.
    Really don`t want another Remy saga when all`s said and done.

Comment

• OK if the consensus is we have to drop price if I was club I would tell any buying club we want 25% of any future fee if he is sold and if they tried flog him in future with player swap we get another £3mil

We have to drive the deal for the good of the club not Charlie. If we don't get what we want now we need to structure it so we get it over time so loads of clauses for staying up, top 10 finishes etc

Comment

• At the end of the day we hold the cards here for a change. Everyone keeps saying if players want out they'll go etc, well that may be, but we hold enough leverage to make it happen on our terms.

This isn't an expensive "star" we signed in the prem on ludicrous wages that we need to cut our losses on and move on.... We signed him in the championship on realistic, still affordable wages. So we don't need to sell.

Secondly, he's proven, young and just broken in the England squad and most importantly under contract....

Thirdly, if we don't get an agreeable deal and he stays, he probably shoots us to promotion..... So hardly a negative.

Point is, we need to play hardball with clubs and make it clear we don't need to sell and would happily keep him, whether we actually want that to happen or not.

Goal scoring players are a premium, as are English players. Therefore we need to get what he's worth or dig our heels in. Charlie isn't a primadonna type like Sterling. If he ended up staying, he'd still perform

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
          At the end of the day we hold the cards here for a change. Everyone keeps saying if players want out they'll go etc, well that may be, but we hold enough leverage to make it happen on our terms.

This isn't an expensive "star" we signed in the prem on ludicrous wages that we need to cut our losses on and move on.... We signed him in the championship on realistic, still affordable wages. So we don't need to sell.

Secondly, he's proven, young and just broken in the England squad and most importantly under contract....

Thirdly, if we don't get an agreeable deal and he stays, he probably shoots us to promotion..... So hardly a negative.

Point is, we need to play hardball with clubs and make it clear we don't need to sell and would happily keep him, whether we actually want that to happen or not.

Goal scoring players are a premium, as are English players. Therefore we need to get what he's worth or dig our heels in. Charlie isn't a primadonna type like Sterling. If he ended up staying, he'd still perform
          Well put.

Comment

• Get west london saying west ham wanted chaz but dont want to pay 15 million so have turned their attention to chelseas remy who is valued at 8 million. Puts some perspective to it doesn't it.

Comment

• Charlies getting married today, does that mean he doesnt have a honeymoon, or does it mean he wont be at training on monday?

Comment

like most people i want the deal sorted out because knowing our luck we will sell all our best players at the wrong time
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Get west london saying west ham wanted chaz but dont want to pay 15 million so have turned their attention to chelseas remy who is valued at 8 million. Puts some perspective to it doesn't it.
                  Remy is valued at £15 mill by chelsea

Comment

Charlies getting married today, does that mean he doesnt have a honeymoon, or does it mean he wont be at training on monday?
                    That's got to up his value, surely.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprted View Post
                      like most people i want the deal sorted out because knowing our luck we will sell all our best players at the wrong time
                      This^^^.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Remy is valued at £15 mill by chelsea
                        Check Get West London sport and see what they are saying , deffo eight

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                          At the end of the day we hold the cards here for a change. Everyone keeps saying if players want out they'll go etc, well that may be, but we hold enough leverage to make it happen on our terms.

Spot on

Comment

• saw it here and a couple other places

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co....e.asp?a=554422

Comment

Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world and they cant force a little upstart like sterling to stay (same with suarez), isnt that a guide to people to see no matter who you are, a contract means nothing if a player wants out.
                              Actually they did force Suarez to stay, when he wanted to go to Arsenal a couple of years back.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                So if I understand correctly, you disagree "because the club won't even try it" ?

You see if it were me in charge, it wouldn't be a case of "trying it". If I had made the decision that I would be prepared to let him go for a certain fee by a certain date or he stays, we would get the fee by a certain date, or he would stay.

I suppose I am just one of those people who are guilty of saying what they mean. Unusual in modern football, granted.
                                I agree with you.
                                A fee and deadline should be set amd then he either gors or stays amd the club csn go ahead witg pre season plans knowing who is staying or going.

Comment

Working...
                                X