Cherries plot Caulker transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Totally agree maids!! Starting to think I was the only 1 who hopes he will stay.

Remember when he 1st signed every 1 was raving about him, "future England captain" etc etc (would love to get those threads back up by the way??) but after 1 poor season in the premiership with a mix mash of players playing along side him Rio 1 minute, Dunne the other then the odd partnership with Ned no wonder he couldnt really settle. And now the good old boo boy are crying he's no good for us, get rid. Ffs give this young lad a frickin chance, 'potential' doesnt just disappear. I hope he stays, gets his head down and that Ramsey/Les can get his confidence up so he can prove a few people wrong.

Couldn't agree more Nick. We all know he had a bad year last year but as you pointed out there are some good points you made there which would unsettle the lad who at 22 is still very young.
    If anyone saw him at Swansea then the season at Cardiff you would know he's a decent player. Genuinely think a full season under ramseys stewardship with a settled cb pairing caulker can regain his form and be a massive asset for us.

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
      All good and well selling Caulker, but replace him with who?

It's not like we have enough players as it is.

Pre-season starts in a few weeks and we are short in every position in the squad.
      Pre-season is not a few weeks away. Its 10 days!

Comment

For what we paid and the amount he must be earning, I'd be hoping our owners are taking any concrete offers VERY seriously.

Comment

Pre-season starts in a few weeks and we are short in every position in the squad.
          ive got a old clothes airer gathering dust,he's not asking for much in the way of wages.

Comment

Bournemouth will do as bad or even worse than us last season if these are the sort of players they are targeting to strengthen their squad. Please buy him, please, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Eddie Howe is ready to hand Queens Park Rangers defender Steven Caulker a Premier League lifeline - despite him being relegated in each of the past two seasons.

Howe has added the 23-year-old England international to his list of targets as he looks to revamp his squad ahead of the Cherries' first ever season in the top-flight.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ansfer-5907998
              Might be in a minority here but i would keep him and make him captain.

Comment

Hes not as bad as some make out but we could replace him for a third of his fee and a quarter of his wages with someone who would do no worse imo. Hes not a good prem defender, so lets lose his wages and get our money back if we can.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                  Might be in a minority here but i would keep him and make him captain.

Comment

I'd keep him and see how he does in the Championship. However, I don't think he will want to stay if a Premier League club comes in for him. He'll go to Bournemouth or someone like that. So I want us to get the most amount of money we can for him. £5mill at least.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

A bollard
                      A sack of spuds
                      My gran
                      SWP
                      Rylan

Any of the above would pose more problems for attackers than Caulker does.

Comment

I agree with those like Maidstone and Nick etc.
                        He couldnt settle with his cb partner changing so frequently although he did make a lot of errors.
                        Id like to keep himbut if he is on big wages it might be best to sell him as long as QPR get their £8m back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                          For what we paid and the amount he must be earning, I'd be hoping our owners are taking any concrete offers VERY seriously.
                          Get what you're saying jim, but use Phillips as an example. Had most of us got our way (me included) he'd been out the door a long time a go. But for what ever reason we stuck by him and now he's one of our prize assests. Imho reckon Caulker could be exactly the same.

More than understand the frustrasion of paying all those pound notes and getting fock all in exchange from the players. But honestly think we'll get somthing back from Caulker, just like Phillips.... unlike SWP, Hoilett!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Probably do him no harm to get out of London as he seems to get into trouble regularly enough. Take 6 mil for him and spend 1 mil on a replacement.

Comment

If we get most of the money we paid for him back then I would take it. He will be on big money for a championship player and seems to be more interested in partying then playing. Don't think he's as bad as his performances were last year, that's more of a reflection of how disorganised we were

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                                A bollard
                                A sack of spuds
                                My gran
                                SWP
                                Rylan

Any of the above would pose more problems for attackers than Caulker does.

Top, top post. That tickled.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2