Car Giant / Old Oak Common latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    The one who would have scored winners against Southapton Everton West Ham and kept QPR up.
    How do you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      I'm just BAFFLED by this sequence: buying expensive mercs/OAPs and failing, repeat, repeat, repeat, then not buying anyone and failing. I just feel like the club skipped a sensible middle step in January: buying more wisely and just maybe NOT failing as a result? I mean this is what they are doing now - why not in January when we could have stayed in the cash cow that is the PL? Their failure to act in January makes zero sense, it is borderline criminal and simply imbecillic. Would you run your business with such apathy? Doubt it. Just baffling.
      I might be wrong but I seem to recall you were happy we hadn't spent in January.

Comment

I have no confidence in Ramsey.

I said he would relegate QPR if appointed whilst you 'Happy' people thought he would keep them up.
        He may be a decent coach, but that doesn't mean he can manage.Wilkins was a good coach, respected by players, but a shocking manager. I put Ramsey in the same category.
        Mouriniho wouldn't of kept us up, and i fail to believe any 'happy' people thought ramsey would when we were down and out when he took over cos of redknapp anyway.
        All your doom and gloom league one talk is proper nonsense as well, that will never ever happen, we are a huge club in the championship and will show that yet again.
        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 17-06-2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          I might be wrong but I seem to recall you were happy we hadn't spent in January.
          Dunno, I might have been resigned to relegation already - but the club's proactiveness in the January window could and should have proven me wrong.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            How do you know that?
            He scored winners against Newcastle and Everton. He is a natural goalscoer, QPR created plenty of chances in the 1 goal defeats at home so chances are he would have scored a few. It isnt rocket science is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Mouriniho wouldn't of kept us up, and i fail to believe any 'happy' people thought ramsey would when we were down and out when he took over cos of redknapp anyway.
              All your doom and gloom league one talk is proper nonsense as well, that will never ever happen, we are a huge club in the championship and will show that yet again.
              And Wolves, Forest, the Sheffield clubs, Norwich Birmingham etc were small?

Comment

Defoe has scored 4 goals in 14 games for Sunderland. Hardly the kind of strike rate that would have helped us make up the 8 point deficit.

Comment

And Wolves, Forest, the Sheffield clubs, Norwich Birmingham etc were small?
                  They havent got our backers and dont have the staff and players we have, hence us up and down and most of them not. Dont mean huge in fanbase, mean in readies and ambition.

Comment

He scored winners against Newcastle and Everton. He is a natural goalscoer, QPR created plenty of chances in the 1 goal defeats at home so chances are he would have scored a few. It isnt rocket science is it?
                    More like crystal ball stuff. Hardly prolific for them was he? 85k a week on a long contract. Thank God we avoided that.

Comment

That would be fantastic if they could.
                      Despite what West Acton may think I want about the new ground, I cannot wait for a new stadium. loftus Road is too small, old fashioned, cramped and offers lousy and obstructed views from many parts of the ground. It has no place in the Premiership.
                      apologies Stan wrongly assumed you were in the no camp

Having read that we think the same love the bush but it's time to move

Comment

Lads we're down, didn't sign Defoe, gave Ramsay a 3yr deal & we'll still be taking about a new in 5yrs time unless the club buy some land!

Happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          100% right kev.

We are a big club in the championship and I expect us to be right up there. Can't believe all this talk about scrapping around the relegation area.
                          One we still haven't so,d some of our key players who even if keep 2,3 or 4 of them give us more quality than most teams and even if we do sell3 or 4 can't believe people think we won't reinvest.

Our board and chairman want us to be prem league that's where the money is and we need it for their plans. We will spend some decent wedge this summer on good quality players. Atm it's been on up and coming and a tried and tested but the signings to come will give us that little edge on the others. I 100% believe we will bring in two class strikers at least.

Comment

I admire your optimism Maids. I hope you're right about reinvestment. We've been crying out for 2 class strikers in the same team for a while now

Comment

What exactly makes us a BIG club in the championship?

The parachute payment?

Comment

Originally posted by W3QPRHA4 View Post
                                What exactly makes us a BIG club in the championship?

The parachute payment?
                                The massive ego fuelled by the Board's previously reckless overspending.
                                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                                X