Car Giant / Old Oak Common latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Giant / Old Oak Common latest

http://www.cityam.com/218133/cargian...-regeneration?

2300 acre site and Car Giant own 46 acres, still seems to be plenty of land to build a new stadium, although I cannot see it even starting in the next 5 years if ever.

Comment

I got a note from them through the door about this the other day. Must say the flyer looked rather tacky and done on the cheap in comparison to what we circulated plus the pictures they put up of how it would look never really inspired

Get the impression their doing this on the stingy

Comment

Do we know who owns the actual bit we want to build the stadium only on? Car giant are saying they do. If Boris won't be around when permission is given, we need to be backing a new mayor who's backing us

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
          Do we know who owns the actual bit we want to build the stadium only on? Car giant are saying they do. If Boris won't be around when permission is given, we need to be backing a new mayor who's backing us
          and who is the new mayor going to be
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
            and who is the new mayor going to be
            Galloway, Jowell, Abbot, Sol Campbell
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
              2300 acre site and Car Giant own 46 acres, still seems to be plenty of land to build a new stadium, although I cannot see it even starting in the next 5 years if ever.
              I agree. QPR should perhaps be looking at a different plot as 46 acres means there are still 2,254 left on which to build a stadium.

As I see it, the main stumbling block now is how no longer being a Premiership club will damage the plans the Board have.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                I agree. QPR should perhaps be looking at a different plot as 46 acres means there are still 2,254 left on which to build a stadium.

As I see it, the main stumbling block now is how no longer being a Premiership club will damage the plans the Board have.
                Dont see what league were in has to do with if its approved or not??? A ground is a ground

Comment

Which could have been averted by that very same Board by means of doing something productive in the January transfer window. Which invites the conclusion that they were already resigned to their lucrative stadium project's failure back then, hence just damage limitation.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I Dont beleive this will ever happen either dragging on & on we wont need a bigger ground for the next few years anyway while we're in the championship wont sell out many times, I really think T.F. and the board should say if ths isn't given the go ahead soon they'll look elsewhere, I know H&F are trying to hold us to ransom with Planning permission for loftus rd as in if we move outside of the borough they wont grant permission to build on our ground but surely there has to be an end to this soon

Comment

As West Acton says, it makes no difference what league we are in - Brentford went ahead with their plan without being PL, Southampton I recall were in League 1 when they entered their new stadium, Cardiff in the Championship, so on and so on.
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        As West Acton says, it makes no difference what league we are in - Brentford went ahead with their plan without being PL, Southampton I recall were in League 1 when they entered their new stadium, Cardiff in the Championship, so on and so on.
                        That's because their plan is for a small stadium in a different part of London.

this is a high profile area, and a 40,000 capacity stadium for a Championship, (possibly future League 1 side) will not carry as much support with those approving the build.

PS. FYI, Southamption were a Premiership side when they built their ground

Comment

That's because their plan is for a small stadium in a different part of London.

this is a high profile area, and a 40,000 capacity stadium for a Championship, (possibly future League 1 side) will not carry as much support with those approving the build.

PS. FYI, Southamption were a Premiership side when they built their ground
                          Your really clutching at straws Stan

A stadium whether it is 15k or 40k is irrelevant the intention is to use the stadium as a catalyst to attract other things. Multi purpose stadium used all year round creates a buzz in the area; you seriously suggesting if we said as our plans were 25k ground the powers that we would come back and say no chance your 15k seats short your not building

You don't want us to move that's cool and your right but don't just make stuff up being anti ground for the sake of it

Does a 25k stadium make the area less high profile then a 40k one???

Comment

This was tweeted by Chris Slegg (BBC sports journo) and hour ago:

Chris Slegg @ChrisSlegg
                            Sir Edward Lister confident QPR would be able to acquire land on Old Oak Common on which to put forward plans for a new stadium
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              This was tweeted by Chris Slegg (BBC sports journo) and hour ago:

Chris Slegg @ChrisSlegg
                              Sir Edward Lister confident QPR would be able to acquire land on Old Oak Common on which to put forward plans for a new stadium
                              Lister was on the news report tonight and said the same.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                              X