Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awin View Post
    He did last time.. 6 goals in 15 appearances and is still 22
    Very true but why didn't Redkrapp trust him for the Wigan home leg of semi final and the final itself. Always wondered.
    Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Morrison would be a top signing. Such a talented lad and working with Ramsey could do him wonders.

Harry said he wasn't a minutes bother when he was with us and I believe him on that because we all know Harry spills the beans once he leaves a club.

Great deal of we can get it done and I also agree with a few other posters that everything he does is just over exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Morrison would be a top signing. Such a talented lad and working with Ramsey could do him wonders.

Harry said he wasn't a minutes bother when he was with us and I believe him on that because we all know Harry spills the beans once he leaves a club.

Great deal of we can get it done and I also agree with a few other posters that everything he does is just over exaggerated.
        In fairness, Harry said:

‘If he’d played consistently at his best, he might have gone to the World Cup,’ said Redknapp.
        ‘But on his bad days you wouldn’t put him in our reserve team.
        ‘The kid can really play. He goes past people and makes them look silly. He’s like Alan Hudson. He doesn’t run, he glides.
        ‘By the time we came to the end of the season, though, he couldn’t get in our starting line-up.'

Redknapp tells a story of how Morrison responded with a ‘petulant pout’ when he asked him ‘to do a job’ on the left flank in one game. And only after a serious talking-to did he respond the way his manager demanded.

But tbf, for a player of his natural ability to play for us in the 2nd tier, we are going to have to accept an elementof that - they wouldn't play for us otherwise!

I think it's more the serious off the field stuff people have concerns about. He nearly went down a few years abck for witness intimidation, and has had a few more charges brought against him for assaulting girlfriends I think.

Really hope he can lose that baggage as he is a real talented lad. Would be great if we somehow lured him away from Lazio.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The only reason we have a sniff of signing him is because of his issues otherwise he would still be at united or west ham. The board will have to decide if he is worth the risk and whether they feel they can harness his talent. The Lazio situation is a strange one though, they have signed him on a free for next season and apparently we are trying to come to an agreement with them, makes me wonder if Lazio signed him as they are foreign club to circumvent any compo that may have been due (as he's under 24) to a british club and make a little profit off the deal (less than what the comp would have been) otherwise why would they entertain any offers before the boy has even started his 1st season for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            The only reason we have a sniff of signing him is because of his issues otherwise he would still be at united or west ham. The board will have to decide if he is worth the risk and whether they feel they can harness his talent. The Lazio situation is a strange one though, they have signed him on a free for next season and apparently we are trying to come to an agreement with them, makes me wonder if Lazio signed him as they are foreign club to circumvent any compo that may have been due (as he's under 24) to a british club and make a little profit off the deal (less than what the comp would have been) otherwise why would they entertain any offers before the boy has even started his 1st season for them?

Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Just signed for Champions League Lazio...this is probably a loan move, no?
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

He signed a pre-contract with them, I guess.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  In fairness, Harry said:

‘If he’d played consistently at his best, he might have gone to the World Cup,’ said Redknapp.
                  ‘The kid can really play. He goes past people and makes them look silly. He’s like Alan Hudson. He doesn’t run, he glides.
                  ‘By the time we came to the end of the season, though, he couldn’t get in our starting line-up.'

Redknapp tells a story of how Morrison responded with a ‘petulant pout’ when he asked him ‘to do a job’ on the left flank in one game. And only after a serious talking-to did he respond the way his manager demanded.

But tbf, for a player of his natural ability to play for us in the 2nd tier, we are going to have to accept an elementof that - they wouldn't play for us otherwise!

I think it's more the serious off the field stuff people have concerns about. He nearly went down a few years abck for witness intimidation, and has had a few more charges brought against him for assaulting girlfriends I think.

Really hope he can lose that baggage as he is a real talented lad. Would be great if we somehow lured him away from Lazio.
                  Fair enough Matty, I had never seen that.

Obviously wasn't as well behaved as I thought lol. I still wouldnt mind taking a punt on him in all fairness. I do like a maverick and he can be a game winner.

I think we would have to set a very strict and rigid contract with clauses of dismal for any behavioral issues ect..but if it came of and ramsey was able to nurture him he would be potentially a top signing.

Anyone know what happended when he was at Cardiff on loan. I remember that deal ended very quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
                    Very true but why didn't Redkrapp trust him for the Wigan home leg of semi final and the final itself. Always wondered.
                    Redkrapp was too negative during his time at QPR.

Ravel would be a fantastic signing if true.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      In fairness, Harry said:

Not sure I believe we're interested in signing him heard a strong rumour Redknapp had him at the bush to sign in January then it just went quite

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
                        Not sure about the semi but in the final I would have thought he would have come on at some part had we not gone down to 10 men.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Not sure about the semi but in the final I would have thought he would have come on at some part had we not gone down to 10 men.
                          Harry probably gave up on him. Was never good with talented mavericks!
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                            We should have gone for him last window, I like this news. We are either looking at 443 or 451, it should be an interesting window!
                            Always been a fan of the 443.

Comment

Originally posted by loftustoad View Post
                              Always been a fan of the 443.
                              Lol 433
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

I'd take him on a pay as you play contract. When you watch the dross turfed up most weeks (Ireland v. England prime example) it's worth the risk
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X