Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Austin, Phillips And Furlomg Win End Of Season Supporters Awards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Beat me to it.

Green was def a not too far behind 2nd for POTY. Not the thread to start a barney over our keeper really.

Anyway, fair play to Charlie he deserves it.
    Not a barney by any means, just giving my opinion. He'll only be 'our keeper' for a few more weeks in all liklihood, so it makes no odds to me either way.

Comment

Would argue most of thm were others fault to be fair. But whatever, as said above, this thread shouldn't be about digging certain players out, Charlie well deserved & Green has also had a fantastic season.
      Well obviously others were involved as well, unless the 10 outfield players were having a lie down when those goals were going in. My point was that Green had a hand (or rather didn't) in them being conceded, and probably should've saved them (none of them were difficult for a PL keeper). As I've already stated, I really don't think Green was fantastic by any means this season. Average at best, but if that makes him effectively runner-up in the POTY Awards then that really is a damning indictment of this squad.

Comment

Would argue most of thm were others fault to be fair. But whatever, as said above, this thread shouldn't be about digging certain players out, Charlie well deserved & Green has also had a fantastic season.
        indeed so thats 7 listed out of the 67 we have conceded ..i can probably name over 7 world class saves he made to keep the score line as it is. Austen is def our player of the year but greens efforts need to acknowledged as above average!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          indeed so thats 7 listed out of the 67 we have conceded ..i can probably name over 7 world class saves he made to keep the score line as it is. Austen is def our player of the year but greens efforts need to acknowledged as above average!
          I have already conceded that he has made some top drawer saves this season. My point was that I can't look back on this season and honestly say that Green has stood out. For me, he's been on the same level as at least about 3-4 others.

Comment

Green would definitely have been a contender in my book. What keeper doesn't make the odd howler? Without him we would have been relegated even earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Green would definitely have been a contender in my book. What keeper doesn't make the odd howler? Without him we would have been relegated even earlier.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                X