Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey and Barton as joint managers?

Would this work?

They seem to have a mutual respect and are usually singing from the same hymm sheet so was just wondering if it would work having them as joint managers next season and I am sure that as the vast majority of us want Barton to stay it could be a great incentive for him to do so by becoming a player manager and letting the players most of whom will be new know exactly is required in terms of effort and commitment and he may even take a pay cut to do so

Would certainly make things more interesting.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Jesus wept
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        Would this work?

They seem to have a mutual respect and are usually singing from the same hymm sheet so was just wondering if it would work having them as joint managers next season and I am sure that as the vast majority of us want Barton to stay it could be a great incentive for him to do so by becoming a player manager and letting the players most of whom will be new know exactly is required in terms of effort and commitment and he may even take a pay cut to do so
        you been in the pub?

Comment

dont think so beef!

Comment

Would rather barton without ramsey.

Comment

We need jokey as a player next year imo. He's not my favourite payer in terms of footballing ability but he can certainly hold his own in the championship and is a massive influence in the dressing room.
              If we can renegotiate his terms down to 15/20k a week we should do everything we can to keep him for another season. Every club needs a leader and some experience heads amongst their ranks and I think it would be silly to lose dunne, Barton and hill.

Comment

That's a good idea. Rather than have 1 bloke in charge with no managerial experience or ability, let's get 2 in instead.

Comment

Dual managers don't work especially 2 without any experience between them. Might as well go for Clint and Joey but I would prefer both to be given coaching roles first.

Comment

If Ramsey got the job i would like to see an expereinced number 2 beside him who has been there and done it such as Curbishley

Comment

Not for me. Want Barton to play next season for us but dont want Ramsey as manager. Give him head of academy role or something

Comment

is this serious?

I would prefer Laurel and Hardy

Comment

Time to #### Barton out. Works hard but not good enough for me and far too much trouble on and off the pitch.

Time to move forwards, clean slate.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            Time to #### Barton out. Works hard but not good enough for me and far too much trouble on and off the pitch.

Time to move forwards, clean slate.
                            I completely understand your sentiments bakes. Barton to me is not prem standard and thinks he's much better than he is.

Drives ,e mad sometimes with his long balls thinking he's Steven Gerard and set plays. However if he signed a 1 year deal on 15/20 k a week I'd snap hi up.

He knows the championship, experienced player and clearly plays for the shirt. I would also say the championship is his level and he does have his good days where he's a decently year.

Massive rebuilding project but we must try and keep a decent spine a few older heads will serve us well . Think Henry Barton and dunne on 1 yr deals wouldn't be bad business. Proper professionals who would be good squad players.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                              Would this work?

You been at the cooking sherry??
                              Go all out for Warburton, Give Ramsay a head of youth role and give Clint the no2 job, give them 5year deals a strict budget and make us a solid championship outfit playing some decent football, build the foundations a la Leicester and if we do then back to the prem we've a base to have a real good go at it.
                              From the Hills of Kerry
                              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
                              X