Listing the transfer Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing the transfer Targets

Seeing as we are now officially relegated and we now should start looking at transfer targets, I recall Tony stating the focus will be on lower league (Champ and below) expired contracts and 1 year until expiry. With this in mind, would people like to have a list of all the players under a certain age that fall into this category so that we can discuss potential signings?
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Wouldn't mind us trying to lure Ricky Lambert away from Liverpool. Bit of an "out there" shout, but he certainly has no future there, can't really see too many PL sides wanting him / being able to offer him regular game time. He could do a stellar job for us up top next season IMO.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Wouldn't mind us trying to lure Ricky Lambert away from Liverpool. Bit of an "out there" shout, but he certainly has no future there, can't really see too many PL sides wanting him / being able to offer him regular game time. He could do a stellar job for us up top next season IMO.
      Would imagine one of the promoted sides would love him wouldn't they? I was actually scouring through the list of players and there are so many decent young players who's contracts are expiring and since we are losing most of our squad, the rebuild will be very very useful with some of them. Thinking Alex pearce from Reading, Josh King etc
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

No way going down the lambert route, there the sort off players we should steer well clear off
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Looking in the prem, there are plenty of good youngsters who aren't gonna get extensions who would thrive in the champs for us as well.

Comment

We need a bloody good striker, Ale to last longer that 5 min - and Adel to get out of bed in the morning.

Comment

Adel can f uck off

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Adel can f uck off
                I'll second that. A waste of talent. Probably the only thing 'Arry was right about.

Comment

Did I miss something here. I thought CR said we only needed 6pts for survival and surely we have two games left !

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post
                    Did I miss something here. I thought CR said we only needed 6pts for survival and surely we have two games left !
                    Good trolling, move on now.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      i like lambert, i reckon a bottom 6 club in the prem would take him. He is a bit old tho TBH

Comment

I would imagine the best thing to do would be to resign Henry and Dunne and faurlin to contracts as all of our aged 28+ players are expiring (except green but he will go) and we need at least a couple to teach the young players. From then, have Clint coach at the club and buy only 26 or under players so as to get them just before their prime and increase their resale value. There are so many good options from this point though

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          There are so many good options from this point though
                          Feeling much better now, and I pray everyone else is too. Is this for real DUH !

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post
                            Feeling much better now, and I pray everyone else is too. Is this for real DUH !
                            Do you ever get tired of being a troll? Can't take someone looking forward from here?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Seeing as we are now officially relegated and we now should start looking at transfer targets, I recall Tony stating the focus will be on lower league (Champ and below) expired contracts and 1 year until expiry. With this in mind, would people like to have a list of all the players under a certain age that fall into this category so that we can discuss potential signings?
                              I hope he has not said that because it would be really stupid to limit ourselves in this way. Each player should be evaluated on his own merits. Very simply, we need to do two things:
                              1. Establish a wage structure that all new signings will be placed under. Right off the bat, this will eliminate most of the costly mistakes we have made.
                              2. Look for players who will want to play for the hoops. This totally excludes all players who have played for top clubs, as they will see us as a step down and will not be motivated.

Restricting ourselves from signing PL players who may be looking for a move just because they have at least two years left on their current contracts would be incredibly stupid.
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X