Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
    Same old Rangers, bend over and get shafted.
    I'm fed up with other clubs taking the p###
    At this point, criticising the club is a bit silly given it is just members of this forum and the press who are suggesting we will get shafted
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      At this point, criticising the club is a bit silly given it is just members of this forum and the press who are suggesting we will get shafted
      Your right nasser.
      Probably an over reaction on my part, I'll go and have a lie down and take a chill pill lol.

Comment

Mail says he is going in the summer, Palace joining the hunt for his signature, don't know where they get their info from, Charlie can do a lot better then going to Palarse
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
          The reason why McCormack & Bony went for the huge fees was because they signed a new contract with Leeds & Swansea a few months before they were sold! Must have had beneficial release causes within the new contracts as like Charlie they were in demand.

Why oh why do we not as a club have this foresight
          It's a shame Charlie won't do the same with us and sign a new deal with a mutually beneficial release clause so that we can get the right amount for him and he still gets a move to a better team. In regards to the club's foresight I agree. Firstly why did we only offer him a 3 year deal when we paid £4-5 mill for him, he was only 23 when we signed him and secondly why did we not offer him a contract in the summer once we were promoted? That aside, people mention previously that Charlie loves the club, well if thats the case he would sign a new deal like Bony and McCormack with an agreement he can go if the right amount comes in to give us more strength in negotiations and allow us to get the right amount for him.

Comment

Should of given chaz the same contract we gave that little git swp.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              It's a shame Charlie won't do the same with us and sign a new deal with a mutually beneficial release clause so that we can get the right amount for him and he still gets a move to a better team. In regards to the club's foresight I agree. Firstly why did we only offer him a 3 year deal when we paid £4-5 mill for him, he was only 23 when we signed him and secondly why did we not offer him a contract in the summer once we were promoted? That aside, people mention previously that Charlie loves the club, well if thats the case he would sign a new deal like Bony and McCormack with an agreement he can go if the right amount comes in to give us more strength in negotiations and allow us to get the right amount for him.

This.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

I'm sure there is something in the pipeline, perhaps a different type of contract. What I hope is that if he has his heart set on leaving, the board has agreed to alter the terms of his contract, giving him a longer contract with us without changing the wages. If he wants to stay, we will give him a contract with high wages etc. We are just waiting on an outcome to the season I assume.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

My gut feeling is that he will stay and signs a new contract, if we stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
                    Do the euromillions, with the luck needed for that prediction coming true, you will win it. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      I'm sure there is something in the pipeline, perhaps a different type of contract. What I hope is that if he has his heart set on leaving, the board has agreed to alter the terms of his contract, giving him a longer contract with us without changing the wages. If he wants to stay, we will give him a contract with high wages etc. We are just waiting on an outcome to the season I assume.
                      Hopefully Nasser. I'm not too optimistic myself

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
                        Same here.

It's so easy to be cynical...but not so easy to be optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Same here.

It's so easy to be cynical...but not as easy to be optimistic.
                          Says in the paper today hes being sold whatever division we are in. Not that the papers are the gospel, but i think the player himself not renewing his contract causes that easy cynicism.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Same here.

It's so easy to be cynical...but not so easy to be optimistic.
                            If we stay up (which is very unlikely) then I think there is every chance Charlie will stay. We just need to offer him the same contract that others are offering, perhaps even a LITTLE more as he has shown his value to us. If we are competing with the likes of Everton, Cheapskates Newcastle, West Ham, and so on, we can certainly beat any offer they would care to make. Of course that would change if a top side came in for him.

I also think that he would be better off staying with us (again, assuming we stay up). We can all see what a pig's ear our owners have made of things up until now but the good news is that the commitment and financial backing are both there and in that way we are much better off than many PL teams. As lessons are learned and with a little bit of luck I could see us establishing ourselves as an upper mid-table PL team, either short term (if we get lucky and stay up this season), or longer term if we need to negotiate another Championship campaign.
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Says in the paper today hes being sold whatever division we are in. Not that the papers are the gospel, but i think the player himself not renewing his contract causes that easy cynicism.
                              You mean not renewing YET. Just maybe he's waiting to see what division we're in before deciding, which seems fair enough I'm sure most would agree. Quite a big deciding factor after all.

Comment

I thought we would have offered him 4 also or 3 with the club having the option of a 4th, maybe it's this type of mistakes that saw the end of Beard.

I can understand the reluctance to offer 4 yrs from the outset, but either the 4th year option or improved contract last summer, I think if he has a good end of the season, his price should be in tbe region of £20-£25.

The fact that he is English and with the new changes being discussed regarding foreign players, the above fee is realistic, I hope we stay up and keep him!
                                Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X