No announcement yet.

Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's long gone IMO. Don't care where he goes as long as we are reimbursed suitably but it won't be to a European/top 6 team. Palace or Stoke I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I personally think he will stay if we stay up for atleast 1 more year on better terms. If he produces another season in the prem for us around 15-20 goals will go the next summer but hopefully for nearer 20 mill at 27 years old.

If we are releagated we need to hold out for 10-12 mill considering he has a year left on his contract.
      £10m? And the rest!

We paid £4m with a year left on his contract and his stock is far higher now.

We should get at least £15m regardless of being relegated. If someone doesn't pay up, we keep him, it's as simple as that. I'd rather risk losing him for sweet fa and increase our promotion chances ten fold than let him leave on the cheap.

What's £6 million in this day and age in football? Because that's all we'd make by selling him.

Ross McCormack £11m, Darren Bent £24m, Andy Carroll £35m, Peter Crouch £10m, Fernando Torres £50m, Stephen Fletcher £12m to name a few!

It's about time this club stopped rolling over. Players and agents have taken the #### for years and that in many ways has caused this financial mess.

The club is bigger than any player and players need to be professional. Loic Remy gets dogs abuse but that lad never moaned publicly and never downed tools. How many players would have played against Hull in his position?

A club meets our valuation or he stays would be my approach. Goalscorers are the most wanted players in the world and command the highest fees. Charlie will have to like it or lump it.

We're staying up anyway and he'll sign a new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        £10m? And the rest!

We should get at least £15m regardless of being relegated. If someone doesn't pay up, we keep him, it's as simple as that. I'd rather risk losing him for sweet fa and increase our promotion chances ten fold than let him leave on the cheap.

What's £6 million in this day and age in football? Because that's all we'd make by selling him.

Ross McCormack £11m, Darren Bent £24m, Andy Carroll £35m, Peter Crouch £10m, Fernando Torres £50m, Stephen Fletcher £12m to name a few!

It's about time this club stopped rolling over. Players and agents have taken the #### for years and that in many ways has caused this financial mess.

The club is bigger than any player and players need to be professional. Loic Remy gets dogs abuse but that lad never moaned publicly and never downed tools. How many players would have played against Hull in his position?

A club meets our valuation or he stays would be my approach. Goalscorers are the most wanted players in the world and command the highest fees. Charlie will have to like it or lump it.

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We will get £10-12 million IMO. The board will not want to lose him for free the following season and I think he has decided to go

Comment

He's off either way mate. Might as well accept it.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

£10m? And the rest!

I understand your sentiment matty but the fact is he will only have a year left on his contract and that brings his price down considerably. He should be 15-20 mill with 2 years left on his deal but with 12 months to go if you got 12 mill its goods business imo. Would like to know how many years McCormack had left on his deal?

But here's to hoping we do the unthinkable proper under dog style and stay up and charlie signs a new deal

Comment

He's off ski either way i reckon. Wants to play for England, so will need to join a bigger club it's that simple. Welbeck gets in the England team without even playing for his club... crazy. Would hate it if he went Palace!!! Would be happy for him to join anyone else but that scummy club. Southampton would be best for him i reckon or Everton.

Comment

even after wiping off 60 mil of debt we will defo be fined mate. it will either be a nominal amount or it will be the full 65 mil. id bet on the latter.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

£10m? And the rest!

Yep
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

its

its all so ridiculous these fines why cant any club spend what any club actually wants to spend,why oh why is it always arsenal man utd chelsea etc etc etc that has to win everything i lov ed the romance of wimbledon how they kept finding players and selling them off for massive protit i think charlie will be sold and for about 12 million i think chelsea will move in for him
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

If we stay up he will be happy to stick with us unless a "BIG" club comes in for him. If we go down there is no way that he will want to be playing outside of the premier league.
                        We can thank the podcast for lighting the fuse under this one. A couple of months ago when we looked dead and buried, they brought up the subject of Charlie moving on if we are relegated. At the time I was thinking stfu, then the next morning it was all over the newspapers. Thanks guys.

Comment

Charlie has had a great couple of seasons and is now an established PL player.

If we go down he will want to leave but we need to grow a pair in the negotiations and be prepared to keep him if nobody meets our valuation, which should be AT LEAST 20m.

If we stay up, it is clear that Charlie is a rare player in that he seems to love us as much as we love him. But he wants to be paid as a PL star and rightly so. He is one of the few players I think we should actually pony up for. So long as we are willing to pay him as much as anybody else (maybe even a LITTLE more) then he will stay. Of course there are clubs who could double or triple what we can pay and if one of those comes in then he will go but we need to man up at the negotiating table and squeeze them big time on the transfer fee and significant add-ons too.

I am sick and tired of us getting bullied and mugged off on almost every transfer. We negotiate like Forest Gump.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                            If we stay up, it is clear that Charlie is a rare player in that he seems to love us as much as we love him.
                            Does he?

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Does he?
                              Ive actually thought this. He always looks happy laughing and joking around on these video clips the club do every now and then. He's always involved, and comes across as settled here. Could be wrong, but thats the feeling I get.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Not sure if him laughing in some video clips and seeming settled means he loves qpr. And I'm not saying it in a negative way, most footballers don't love the teams they play for. If he truly loved qpr wouldn't he have signed the contract extension when it was offered to him months ago maybe insisting on a relegation clause in case we are relegated to ensure we get the maximum fee possible for him instead of improving his situation by running his deal down to 1 year?

Comment

Working...
                                X