No announcement yet.

Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Southampton, West Ham or Spurs will take him....just a case of getting the right price which should be £15m at the least IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Not sure if him laughing in some video clips and seeming settled means he loves qpr. And I'm not saying it in a negative way, most footballers don't love the teams they play for. If he truly loved qpr wouldn't he have signed the contract extension when it was offered to him months ago maybe insisting on a relegation clause in case we are relegated to ensure we get the maximum fee possible for him instead of improving his situation by running his deal down to 1 year?
      Yeah maybe 'love' is a bit strong, but I do think he genuinely likes it here... Cant really blame him for holding of on his contract to play Premiership football though. If we do stay up I still think he'll stay and thats mainly imho because he's happy and settled here.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Yeah maybe 'love' is a bit strong, but I do think he genuinely likes it here... Cant really blame him for holding of on his contract to play Premiership football though. If we do stay up I still think he'll stay and thats mainly imho because he's happy and settled here.
        Fair enough, I dont disagree that he is enjoying his time here but for me love is too strong. I dont blame him for holding off on his contract but we could have added a relegation release clause to a new one, giving him a substantial pay rise but would guarantee his departure if we were relegated and also give us more to negotiate with other clubs instead of 1 year left on his contract. Throughout his career Austin has proven himself and then moved up a level, I'm afraid to say the same is going to happen with us.

Comment

This is just a rumour but then tend to be not too far wide of the mark:
          West Ham are ready to accept a bid of £20m from Chelsea for full-back Aaron Cresswell, 25, with the Englishman poised to replace Atletico Madrid-bound Filipe Luis, 29. (Daily Express)

So, £20m for a full-back. That is a good yardstick to use when valuing 17 goal (so far) Charlie Austin - currently the 4th top scorer in the Premier League. I'm going to revise what I said in a previous post: we should not accept one penny less than £25m for him. Pony up or jog on.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            This is just a rumour but then tend to be not too far wide of the mark:
            West Ham are ready to accept a bid of £20m from Chelsea for full-back Aaron Cresswell, 25, with the Englishman poised to replace Atletico Madrid-bound Filipe Luis, 29. (Daily Express)

So, £20m for a full-back. That is a good yardstick to use when valuing 17 goal (so far) Charlie Austin - currently the 4th top scorer in the Premier League. I'm going to revise what I said in a previous post: we should not accept one penny less than £25m for him. Pony up or jog on.
            Difference is Cresswell has 4 years left on his contract, ds. That inflates his valuation considerably. What would he be worth with one year to run, like Charlie?

Comment

Charlies ten million maximum whether we like it or not.

Comment

Thats about right Kev. Will probably be announced as undisclosed fee to save any backlash

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Charlies ten million maximum whether we like it or not.
                  Only if we agree to sell him for that! But so long as Forrest Gump is doing the negotiating for us, I'm sure you are right in saying that is all we will get for the 4th top scorer in the Premier League. Only at QPR.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Difference is Cresswell has 4 years left on his contract, ds. That inflates his valuation considerably. What would he be worth with one year to run, like Charlie?
                    I know you are right in saying that players with one year remaining on their contracts typically sell for less than those with two years or more remaining.

However, it all comes down to negotiating skills. You need to negotiate from a position of strength and we always manage to do the opposite, whether we are buying or selling. If that used car salesman sees you have fallen in love with the car and are not prepared to walk away from the deal, you will pay more.

Charlie won't score fewer goals next season just because he has only one year left on his current contract and everybody knows this. We can negotiate from a position of strength by being prepared to keep him for his final year and let him walk for nothing next summer. Premier League goals are a valuable commodity. Once the other PL clubs see that we are prepared to keep him for his final year, they are the ones who will become desperate and the price will go up. Remember, with the increased TV deal Charlie's goals could be worth a lot more than 25m in just one season, never mind over the 4 seasons of a 4 year deal! Unfortunately, this is far too complicated for Forrest Gump to understand and as Kevin says, we will let him go for under 10m; probably for 5m and then speak glowingly of the 25% profit we made. Only at QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                      I know you are right in saying that players with one year remaining on their contracts typically sell for less than those with two years or more remaining.

However, it all comes down to negotiating skills. You need to negotiate from a position of strength and we always manage to do the opposite, whether we are buying or selling. If that used car salesman sees you have fallen in love with the car and are not prepared to walk away from the deal, you will pay more.

Charlie won't score fewer goals next season just because he has only one year left on his current contract and everybody knows this. We can negotiate from a position of strength by being prepared to keep him for his final year and let him walk for nothing next summer. Premier League goals are a valuable commodity. Once the other PL clubs see that we are prepared to keep him for his final year, they are the ones who will become desperate and the price will go up. Remember, with the increased TV deal Charlie's goals could be worth a lot more than 25m in just one season, never mind over the 4 seasons of a 4 year deal! Unfortunately, this is far too complicated for Forrest Gump to understand and as Kevin says, we will let him go for under 10m; probably for 5m and then speak glowingly of the 25% profit we made. Only at QPR.
                      All good points ds, and I agree with you. Like you, if we do manage to stay up, I would rather play hard-ball with clubs and keep Charlie in his final year. Even if it meant running his contract down so he left for nothing at the end, we would still have him for another season scoring goals for us and ensuring survival for another year. That IMO is more valuable than anything else. And you're right about it forcing the buying club's hand to increase their bid to match his true valuation. The concern is who do we have at board level who's strong and experienced enough in footballing transfer negotiations?

Comment

Everton have declared an interest now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          The concern is who do we have at board level who's strong and experienced enough in footballing transfer negotiations?
                          Les?

Comment

The reason why McCormack & Bony went for the huge fees was because they signed a new contract with Leeds & Swansea a few months before they were sold! Must have had beneficial release causes within the new contracts as like Charlie they were in demand.

Why oh why do we not as a club have this foresight

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                              Les?
                              Great ex-pro, has his coaching badges, has the club at heart etc...BUT is he a football-business man? Is he ruthless and experienced enough in transfer dealings? And our new CEO's track-record hardly sets the world alight either.

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                              The reason why McCormack & Bony went for the huge fees was because they signed a new contract with Leeds & Swansea a few months before they were sold! Must have had beneficial release causes within the new contracts as like Charlie they were in demand.

Why oh why do we not as a club have this foresight
                              Precisely my point.

Comment

Same old Rangers, bend over and get shafted.
                                I'm fed up with other clubs taking the p###

Comment

Working...
                                X