i need all you qpr fans to have your say on this thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprted View Post
    well i think we could try to be a bit differant and not put up a wall all of the time and if im proved wrong im immigrating
    I can't see anyone wanting to take you, so that might help your oncoming agenda
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

well

well topographically speaking that is correct
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

I can see where you're coming from Tedster. I used to be a keeper myself back in the day. What happens is a wall is set either to the near or far post. This then gives the keeper a sense of security to cover mainly the area not covered by the wall. I reckon the most effective cover would be the wall and a man on the line to cover half of the goal.

Not sure if this is allowed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
          I can see where you're coming from Tedster. I used to be a keeper myself back in the day. What happens is a wall is set either to the near or far post. This then gives the keeper a sense of security to cover mainly the area not covered by the wall. I reckon the most effective cover would be the wall and a man on the line to cover half of the goal.

Not sure if this is allowed though.
          Is allowed but the man on the line will be playing everyone onside, so it allows the attackers to sit on the goal line if they want as they cannot be caught offside. Then the goalkeeper may become obstructed, unsighted or the ball deflected in.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

More and more footballer are capable of bending their shots - not only Beckham any more.
            More goals are coming from freekicks outside the box - nobody wants to concede free kicks there - there is a reason for that.
            I believe we will see change in not so distant future.
            Here is how it works http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...ree-kicks.html

Comment

Just for a laugh..is there anything in the rules stopping you putting a couple of guys on the shoulders of the guys in the wall? (i am not being serious before i get jumped on!)

Comment

https://www.bsports.com/statsinsight...d#.VSY7aNxARjY

Here are some stats on succes rates on premier league freekicks. The last five seasons there has been between 28 and 32 goals scored from freekicks. Thatīs less than one every round or about one in twelve games.

Hope that helps...

(edit: just saw that last season was 28 for half a season. Couldnīt find full season stats, but will check google later if noone else comes up with the numbers)
                Last edited by 1QPRDK; 09-04-2015, 06:42 PM.
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                  I reckon the most effective cover would be the wall and a man on the line to cover half of the goal.
                  Then the opposition will pile in behind the wall as they wont be offside for rebounds or a straight pass to feet.

Comment

[QUOTE=3London;1405237]most of those free kicks hit the wall so therefore they work. the Villa free kick went in the one place it needed to to go in. someone on the line probably would not have stopped it either because they would have headed the post before the ball.

the question is jump or not jump if the wall jumps up and down whilst the striker lines up the free kick it puts an element of doubt in the mind. the disappointing thing about our wall was we did nothing to disrupt the process..stand over the ball complain about the placing all those things go to increase the pressure on the taker.
                    we were as statuesque as the cut out training figures that benteke knocks the ball over in training.[/QUOTE]

This. We made it too easy for him,imo.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

This actually happened a few weeks back at a Div 1 or Div 2 game and the player taking the free kick didnt know what to do and i think they f ucked it up completely. So for me it would maybe be something to try.

Comment

All 11 on the line,why not?goal under threat? Think teds onto something here regarding free kicks with 7 minutes to go
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                        X