i need all you qpr fans to have your say on this thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need all you qpr fans to have your say on this thread

basically i played quite a lot of football but only at non professional level,but what ive always believed is that the villa third goal would have been better defended with no wall in front of it
    i honestly think that the wall only crates a situation whereby the goalie is unsighted this creating an opertunity
    can you really believe that any prem keeper could be beaten from that range if they can see the full tragetery of the ball

SO THERE IT IS HAS QPRTED COMPLETELY CHANGED THE SOCCER WORLD OR WILL WE SEE THAT RIDICULOUS WALL ERECTED IN FRONT OF OUR GOAL AGAIN AND AGAIN
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Originally posted by qprted View Post
    can you really believe that any prem keeper could be beaten from that range if they can see the full tragetery of the ball
    When it goes in off the post, yes.

Comment

Funny you should say that Ted. When on a training field and at the end of a session you take pop shots at the keeper from outside the box with no wall, the keeper just stands in the middle of the goal and makes it harder for the guy shooting. When a wall is up the keeper protects one side and all you got to do is have the ability to get the ball up and over the ball and back down into the opposite corner and more than likely it's a goal.
      Swings and roundabouts though as with no wall from say 19-20 yards out you can just lace the ball low and hard and it will go in.

Great free kick from Benteke, take nothing away from him.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

the

the reason i bring this up is because although i wasnt a semi pro i did have a lot of ability hitting 25 yard shots at goals and always i would use the wall to my advantage
        and i would score plenty of goals whereby the goalie was unsighted because of his own wall so there wall helped me to score goals

More...

Comment

it would be the goalkeepers choice if he prefers a wall or not , which teams did u play for ted we may have crossed paths

Comment

Tedrick einstein?

I know where you're coming from but how many times does a free kick hit a wall when the ball is going at goal?

I think you're over reacting
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A two man wall to stop the striker just walloping it in low, and the goalie standing bang in the middle for me. What do four and five men walls actually do?

Comment

15 years ago we used to have a small wall but then one man on the post

Comment

most of those free kicks hit the wall so therefore they work. the Villa free kick went in the one place it needed to to go in. someone on the line probably would not have stopped it either because they would have headed the post before the ball.

the question is jump or not jump if the wall jumps up and down whilst the striker lines up the free kick it puts an element of doubt in the mind. the disappointing thing about our wall was we did nothing to disrupt the process..stand over the ball complain about the placing all those things go to increase the pressure on the taker.
                  we were as statuesque as the cut out training figures that benteke knocks the ball over in training.

Comment

Green told the wall not to jump.
                    Agree with they should of caused more grief and gamesmanship but i would like to see some stats at how many free kicks hit the wall, cos i actually think its very few times on average.
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 09-04-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Without a wall you have untold bodies in the box in front of the keeper so it will become more like a corner situation and we all know how poor we are at defending corners !

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Without a wall you have untold bodies in the box in front of the keeper so it will become more like a corner situation and we all know how poor we are at defending corners !
                        This, people assume with no wall the opposition would just stand in a nice line, whereas in reality they'd be all around the keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          This, people assume with no wall the opposition would just stand in a nice line, whereas in reality they'd be all around the keeper.
                          Yeah im sure there is a reason why every team in the world does it, but its still annoying when you lose points to a free kick that just sails over the wall and the keeper is completely the other side of the goal.

Comment

Really reminded me of the Maloney goal after Remys screamer

Comment

well

well i think we could try to be a bit differant and not put up a wall all of the time and if im proved wrong im immigrating

More...

Comment

Working...
                              X