Joey and 100 caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Hate away all the haters, but hes correct.
    Yep. I aint his biggest fan at all, but he is right. Especially with regards northern Ireland - they're proper w@nk he would be head & shoulders above their CMs. As for Wales, he would have racked up a far few up until now but not sure he would be getting picked now ahead of Ledley & Ramsey. Scotland have always had Fletcher CM and Barton would have paired him, he is a much better player thn that Scott Brown IMO.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      Really? Take a look at who plays in midfield for those sides, and has done over the last 5-10 years or so - Barton is no better than any of them. You're putting him ahead of Roy Keane, Scott Brown or Joe Ledley are you?
      Roy Keane wasn't Northern Irish so not applicable to what Joey said.
      Scott Brown is sh1t.
      Ledley is a decent player & agree Joey may struggle to get picked over him if he were a taff.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Yep. I aint his biggest fan at all, but he is right. Especially with regards northern Ireland - they're proper w@nk he would be head & shoulders above their CMs. As for Wales, he would have racked up a far few up until now but not sure he would be getting picked now ahead of Ledley & Ramsey. Scotland have always had Fletcher CM and Barton would have paired him, he is a much better player thn that Scott Brown IMO.
        Scott Brown is simply a better version Barton. If I had to choose between the two, I'm picking Brown. He would never have racked up 100 caps for Wales either. That leaves NI. If Barton is gloating about the fact that he could get into a national team with a population of less than 2 million, then the bloke is quite simply a ####. He'll be bragging about how he could've won a 100 caps for San Marino next.

Comment

Scott Brown is simply a better version Barton. If I had to choose between the two, I'm picking Brown. He would never have racked up 100 caps for Wales either, or the ROI. That leaves NI. If Barton is gloating about the fact that he could get into a national team with a population of less than 2 million, then the bloke is quite simply a ####. He'll be bragging about how he could've won a 100 caps for San Marino next.
          Each to their own, I think Brown is dog p00 to be honest & would take Barton over him all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Each to their own, I think Brown is dog p00 to be honest & would take Barton over him all day long.
            He isn't a player that you pay to watch play, but he is one of the best at what he does i..e midfield enforcer. In that role, he p*sses all over Barton for me.

Comment

I like Joey and in his day he is valuable player for our team, but what he is saying is very disrespectful about his co-professional, who has been good enough to play for their country, no matter what country it is and most of them are good enough to play in PL or Champioship. Seems like Joey is bitter or something that his international "career" lasted 17 minutes. I remember that few years back he had a row with Matt Holland, saying something like he'd rather have one cap for England than 50 for Ireland and Holland is poor player cause he was born in England,but is playing for Ireland

Comment

Scott Brown is simply a better version Barton. If I had to choose between the two, I'm picking Brown. He would never have racked up 100 caps for Wales either. That leaves NI. If Barton is gloating about the fact that he could get into a national team with a population of less than 2 million, then the bloke is quite simply a ####. He'll be bragging about how he could've won a 100 caps for San Marino next.
                Agree with all that.

Barton might put a decent shift in but his distribution of the ball is woeful. Brown ain't no Pirlo but his all round game is better than Joeys

Comment

I agree with Matty on this one.

Don't get me wrong, Joey does talk far too much bo llocks majority of the time but his comment here is a pretty fair assessment.

Even the biggest anti England fans have to admit, that we are head and shoulders above teams like scotland, ireland and wales allbeit I would love ramsey and bale in our team.

Scott Brown isn't as good as joey because he doesn't have a footballing brain. I know there are plenty of donkeys that have made a living out of kicking people but he would be top of that list for me. Criminal really that he has made a decent living from it.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Think few people have been taken in by the Mirror article. He said it for the bites on radio yesterday and immediately followed it up with a tweet of 'gone fishing' with a picture of a big haul of fish in a net

He was taking the p iss and loads took the bait

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      I agree with Matty on this one.

Don't get me wrong, Joey does talk far too much bo llocks majority of the time but his comment here is a pretty fair assessment.

Even the biggest anti England fans have to admit, that we are head and shoulders above teams like scotland, ireland and wales allbeit I would love ramsey and bale in our team.

Scott Brown isn't as good as joey because he doesn't have a footballing brain. I know there are plenty of donkeys that have made a living out of kicking people but he would be top of that list for me. Criminal really that he has made a decent living from it.

I would agree with that weare

Comment

As a plastic paddy I'm sure Joey would have got a lot of caps for Ireland (the real Ireland, not the northern rubbish). When you've got Paul Green and Glen Whelan playing regular in the side it's a no brainer.

Comment

Only at rangers would people coat off our captain and say hes not good enough for the home nations.

Comment

A very dislikeable person and a vastly overrated player ( mostly by himself )

I'm personally counting down the days till his contract expires
                            We Are The People.....

Comment

He isn't a player that you pay to watch play, but he is one of the best at what he does i..e midfield enforcer. In that role, he p*sses all over Barton for me.
                              Gotta disagree with you there mate. Barton hasn't been great but he is better than Brown imo. Brown is still captain at Celtic because he is one of their longer serving players but he isn't actually that great tbh.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                                A very dislikeable person and a vastly overrated player ( mostly by himself )

I'm personally counting down the days till his contract expires
                                You and me both mate. qpr captain he is not . Only on paper but not in my eyes . He's a wrong un

Comment

Working...
                                X