Joey and 100 caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Gotta disagree with you there mate. Barton hasn't been great but he is better than Brown imo. Brown is still captain at Celtic because he is one of their longer serving players but he isn't actually that great tbh.
    OK, that's fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. All I would add (as I mentioned before) is that Brown isn't picked for Celtic or for Scotland for his footballing prowess - he is picked because he's a hard bar steward who actually enjoys flying into tackles - he's certainly better in that aspect of the game than Barton. In terms of pure ability, neither of them are anything to write home about.

Comment

Theres only a handful of people that have got 100+ caps for the home nations (excluding England) and only one of those is a midfielder.

I like Joey but if Paul McStay, John Collins, Billy Bremner, Graeme Souness, Liam Brady, Ray Houghton, Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs couldn't get capped 100+ times then I would doubt he would !

Comment

100 hub caps no problem.
        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
        London Pride is a flower that's free.
        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Theres only a handful of people that have got 100+ caps for the home nations (excluding England) and only one of those is a midfielder.

I like Joey but if Paul McStay, John Collins, Billy Bremner, Graeme Souness, Liam Brady, Ray Houghton, Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs couldn't get capped 100+ times then I would doubt he would !
          You really can't have giggs in that list considering he chose to avoid friendlies almost completely. Keane also had some issues so can't really be on that list. I see your point regardless but with the limited quality for the home nations recently plus the amount of international games, it could happen.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
            100 hub caps no problem.
            scousephobe?
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              scousephobe?
              I'm a mostly everyonephobe. Mickeys are fairly low down in my phobic ratings table though.
              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
              London Pride is a flower that's free.
              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

You really can't have giggs in that list considering he chose to avoid friendlies almost completely. Keane also had some issues so can't really be on that list. I see your point regardless but with the limited quality for the home nations recently plus the amount of international games, it could happen.
                I can have Giggs in the list because in 16 years in International football he didn't get 100+ caps - FACT

Comment

Joey Barton is the premiership's Twitter version of Katie Hopkins. Just another attention seeking guy.

Comment

does he even have a link to the other nations? like a distant gran or something?
                    otherwise, this is just more banter to set him up for his retirement in punditry/broadcasting (as I've said before on watrb)

if he doesn't then who the fark cares? its like saying, yeah if I was a Mongolian citizen, I'd be the sexiest QPR fan in Mongolia, or I'd be the most clever QPR fan in Mongolia. Well yeah..... but I dont happen to be Mongolian so its a farkin moot point. end of.

just more banter
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      I can have Giggs in the list because in 16 years in International football he didn't get 100+ caps - FACT
                      16 years of almost purely competitive international football.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Think few people have been taken in by the Mirror article. He said it for the bites on radio yesterday and immediately followed it up with a tweet of 'gone fishing' with a picture of a big haul of fish in a net

He was taking the p iss and loads took the bait
                        I was listening to it live, he just came out with it, there was silence, he meant it, he just realised he made a muppit out of himself.

I think it was 5 live.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05nszh6

Dats Joey Barrtn for ya lA. eez Amayzin .
                        Last edited by Manx Hoop; 31-03-2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

16 years of almost purely competitive international football.
                          All time friendlies for Wales is Neville Southall who in 13 years did 29 friendlies to Giggs' 10....so add the extra 19 to RG's 64 caps....83....still less than 100

I know you love stats and numbers..!

Comment

scott brown is ten times the player that barton is. knows his strengths and plays to them-hard as nails, gives the ball instead of trying to be a hero. proper captain who honestly gains respect for his no nonsence approach. people look at a player who decided to stay put in a winning team and try to compare what he has to a #### near on bottom of the league prem team and knocks him?? barton is fc uking average in the championship....even in scotland he wouldn't get in a celtic team.
                            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

i'd fancy that barton would get in the welsh midfield after all vinnie jones and robbie savage did

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                i'd fancy that barton would get in the welsh midfield after all vinnie jones and robbie savage did
                                Yeah they did when players like Ramsey wernt around .

Comment

Working...
                                X